Login

russian armor

Balance Forum General Poll II

Should Panzer Tactician be replaced by Smoke Bombs in more powerful doctrines, making it a draw for off-meta ones?
Option Distribution Votes
36%
64%
Should Sturmpioneers and Stormtroopers have a more powerful panzershreck?
40%
10%
8%
18%
23%
Should the Sturmpioneer be able to equip the Panzershreck and Minesweeper at the same time?
68%
32%
Should Soviet and Ostheer Minesweeper engineers get shared veterancy to help them vet up?
79%
21%
Should the USF Lieutenant and Captain, as combat squads, NOT get shared veterancy?
68%
32%
Total votes: 562
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Feb 2020, 16:48 PM

Because of the limits on poll length, here's the second half of the poll.

Find the first half here: https://www.coh2.org/topic/104051/balance-forum-general-poll
Third part: https://www.coh2.org/topic/104058/general-forums-poll-on-balance-changes-part-iii
22 Feb 2020, 16:50 PM

Yes
No, this is meant to be stopgap AT, not heavy firepowe
No
Yes
No
22 Feb 2020, 16:55 PM

I voted "No, but they should be able to get a second Panzershreck at some point" but only meant this for Spio's. They should be able to equip (120 muni) double Schrecks if OKW has Battlegroup set up.

Not sure about Storms. Double Schreck would be cancerous on them with the camo. Maybe just make the single Schreck cheaper, like 50 munitions, it's a big trade-off in terms of firepower after all.
22 Feb 2020, 16:58 PM

Could make the StormTrooper panzershrek more expensive (100 muni) but allow them to put it away like Spios put away minesweepers.
22 Feb 2020, 17:04 PM

Giving double Shreks to Sturms has the opportunity cost of making you extremely weak to mines & slightly weakens your repair speed since you can't afford a second Sturm until late game. I think it's perfectly fine, especially since the option right now is a no brainer to always go sweeper. Might even open up more options for going BattleGroup with the option of having a good repulsive LV squad.

Also Sweeper Squads should get XP for Sweeping Mines, not shared vet. I don't know if that's possible or not though.
22 Feb 2020, 21:33 PM

For storm pioneer slot items,I though could add some limit
Shreck and Flamethrowe will lock out each other
Sweeper will use a slot(for USF and UKF engineer too)
First upgrade no limit,second upgrade need deploy second HQ
23 Feb 2020, 00:43 AM

1. No, fix panzer tac instead of adding new things. Panzer tac should just work like USF-Sherman smoke - i.e. an aimed ability.

2. Yes, but only for SPs. Right now, picking sweeper is the better choice due to the increased repair speed. Giving it a "Schreck+" might make that option more viable.

3. No, that's just far too much on the SP. They should be able to pickup a schreck, though.

4. Yes, engies should get shared vet, especially from clearing mines. They're incredibly hard to vet late-game, which is sort of needed, since they gain repair bonuses.

5. Yes, USF Capt/LT are very good infantry units. No need to gain shared vet. Major doesn't have the combat power to vet by itself, so it makes sense there.
23 Feb 2020, 02:50 AM

I don't like just throwing StG or shreks on units to *fix* them

How about a AT rifle package on stormtroopers that has Brit sniper critical shot.
23 Feb 2020, 04:15 AM

I would be very, very careful with replacing Panzer tactician with Stuka smoke bombs. In the hands of a skilled player Stuka smoke bombs are infinitely more useful.
23 Feb 2020, 05:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2020, 04:15 AMFarlion
I would be very, very careful with replacing Panzer tactician with Stuka smoke bombs. In the hands of a skilled player Stuka smoke bombs are infinitely more useful.

agreed. by able to choose where to drop, and almost instantously, it is even more OP that paztac. Then there is the by product free recon...

Hence i suggest use mortar smoke cover with green flare delay. replace all those cheesy axis smoke escape cards.
23 Feb 2020, 07:04 AM

yes
no, but i hope they get second panzershrek
no
no
no

Don't touch anything without problems
23 Feb 2020, 07:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2020, 07:04 AMblancat
yes
no, but i hope they get second panzershrek
no
no
no

Axis fanboys are whining again

Don't touch anything without problems

yep. axis already have near unbeatable late game tanks.

try play 4v4 against axis who have accumulated their panthers and volks blob. And then there is the pancakewafer and stukazfs for massive damages from far without locking in a doctrine.

Means they can spam tigers or elefant or jdt and still have area arty!

Axis have all the units all the utilities to win. :sibToxic:
23 Feb 2020, 07:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2020, 07:06 AMmrgame2

yep. axis already have near unbeatable late game tanks.

try play 4v4 against axis who have accumulated their panthers and volks blob. And then there is the pancakewafer and stukazfs for massive damages from far without locking in a doctrine.

Means they can spam tigers or elefant or jdt and still have area arty!

Axis have all the units all the utilities to win. :sibToxic:

4vs4 is not a standard of balance

I don't care what the 4vs4 balance is

Arty spammer do everything and flanking is mostly meaningless in 4v4

4v4 have no require map control and just sit the ground and spamming arty units

Axis heavy TD vs allies fucking arty spamming is Only shown in 4v4
23 Feb 2020, 07:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2020, 07:09 AMblancat

4vs4 is not a standard of balance

I don't care what the 4vs4 balance is

Arty spammer do everything and flanking is mostly meaningless in 4v4

4v4 have no require map control and just sit the ground and spamming arty units

4v4 i believe is the most played mode.
it must be considered in order to meet the majority needs.

So balancing it is a must.
cancerous 4v4 late game axis tanks blobs with so much Hp and some are whinning about 640hp allies Td. smh.
23 Feb 2020, 07:44 AM

For the record, shared veterancy after upgrading minesweepers is impossible (this was considered before). Shared veterancy is a base squad ability that is either on or off. Can't be tied to upgrades.
23 Feb 2020, 07:51 AM

For the record, shared veterancy after upgrading minesweepers is impossible (this was considered before). Shared veterancy is a base squad ability that is either on or off. Can't be tied to upgrades.

Any chance of gaining veterancy from clearing mines?

Would be even cooler if they got vet for kills/dmg from mines they placed too
23 Feb 2020, 10:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2020, 04:15 AMFarlion

Yup

I keep saying that and people still think panic smoke is better than smoke planes and USF cannisters/UKF smoke shells.
23 Feb 2020, 14:30 PM

Why does it work for vehicles?
23 Feb 2020, 14:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2020, 14:30 PMLago
Why does it work for vehicles?

There aren't any vehicles that get shared veterancy after an upgrade? On the contrary, the 251 still (undeservedly) has shared veterancy after the flamer upgrade because the trait is a default setting.
23 Feb 2020, 15:06 PM

There aren't any vehicles that get shared veterancy after an upgrade? On the contrary, the 251 still (undeservedly) has shared veterancy after the flamer upgrade because the trait is a default setting.

Huh. I thought it lost it.

Or is it just the rate it gains XP that gets throttled?

Maybe you could give Minesweepers +25% or so XP with a sweeper instead to offset the reduced damage output?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★