Login

russian armor

General Forums Poll on balance changes part III

Should the Stuart's Point Blank Engine Shot be a manually aimed ability like the Pershing's HVAP?
Option Distribution Votes
68%
24%
8%
Should the M36 Jackson have reduced armour such that it cannot bounce Panzer IV shots?
79%
15%
6%
Should USF's manpower income cut off once it crosses a population cap threshold (for example 110 MP?) to fix pop cap abuse?
77%
16%
7%
Should the Panther be buffed with added accuracy?
62%
25%
13%
Total votes: 407
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
22 Feb 2020, 17:19 PM

Did it since Lago couldn’t get it to work. Had to delete a few since only up to 4 Qs can be given.

For the record, my idea for the Stuart is to remove both abilities, give the LT elite bazookas, and give the Stuart a mark target for increased penetration.
22 Feb 2020, 17:21 PM

No
No
No
No, Panther doesn’t need a buff.
22 Feb 2020, 17:32 PM

I'd be more inclined to give the Panther penetration instead of accuracy. It already clobbers mediums, but it's fairly lackluster against heavies.
22 Feb 2020, 18:13 PM

For if the other thread gets deleted.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 17:10 PMLago
It was:

"1. Should the StuG-E and Brummbar have faster projectiles (like the KV-2) so they can hit moving squads without manual attack ground aiming?"

"2. Should the Stuart's Point Blank Engine Shot be a manually aimed ability like the Pershing's HVAP?"

"3. Should the Heavy Gammon Bomb be an AT satchel instead?"

"4. Should the M36 Pershing have reduced armour such that it cannot bounce Panzer IV shots?"

"5. Should USF's manpower income cut off once it crosses a threshold (for example 110 pop?)"

"6. Should the Maxim be reworked into a generic HMG with normal setup time and suppression?"

"7. Should the Panther have additional accuracy?"

1. No. Brummbar needs range reverted instead of armor. Stug E needs pintle. This would leave some micro requirement for these units so they don't become overly spammable. Pintle for Stug E would offset the low pay-off you get for microing each attack ground shot against moving targets.

2. No, but it should lock-on once activated, like snares.

3. No

4. No

5. Yes, this would be a good fix.

6. No

7. No
22 Feb 2020, 18:16 PM

panther accruacy buff will kill my mediums too easily.
i played 4v4 in port hamburg and late games, axis just build panthers and pfasilers and rocket arty.

i tried 3 jackson and even them are not enough to push axis heavy tanks or defend against their push

jackson need a little sight bonus. I have added the sight bulletin to my jacksons, but because panthers are so fast, they keep running away before my jackson can shoot.

too much fow for tanks as fast as panther.
22 Feb 2020, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 18:16 PMmrgame2
i played 4v4 in port hamburg

That’s not relevant.
22 Feb 2020, 18:32 PM

That’s not relevant.

just my experience.
i think that map is very much a tank face off. and it highlights the strength and weakness of each tanks.
22 Feb 2020, 18:34 PM

The fact alone that Popcap abuse is still a thing should make the 5th question easy to answer. It would be a good approach that is needed
22 Feb 2020, 18:38 PM

The fact alone that Popcap abuse is still a thing should make the 5th question easy to answer. It would be a good approach that is needed

if you are facing pop cap abuse, you are probably losing for usf to float mp.

It is a fun feature and not abuse imo.

imagine you need to dismount jackson and build? a risk play that needs reward. sure it is cheesy, but coh1 have paid veterancy!
22 Feb 2020, 21:28 PM

Panther vet 2 change to 4%damage reduction if could……or little increase AOE range
22 Feb 2020, 23:56 PM

The Stuart's Point Blank Engine Shot migth get better or used at all if the range could get increased a bit, for example to 20 range about half its max range.
The M36 is quite often used and effective against all targets i think the p4 m36 balance is something that isn't where it should be i would prefer to increase the penetration values across the board for medium tanks, otherwise USF could get stomped by p4s with panzer tactician if they do to good vs the jackson and the sherman can't keep them at bay with the ap rounds.
The Panther could need some changes but it shouldn't be ignored, that the stats for hp, armor and speed are quite good for a brawler and it mostly has issues on long range maps or against allied tds which can usually get a few opening shots in and kite it or force it off.
23 Feb 2020, 00:45 AM

1.Yes, stuart engine shot is incredibly frustrating to use right now.

2. Yes, slightly lowering the armor is a good QOL change. It should not, however, be considered a "Fix" for the unit over performing.

3. Yes, going over 100 pop should have drastic consequences.

4. No, it needs moving accuracy, not just accuracy in general.
23 Feb 2020, 05:59 AM

The Stuart's Point Blank Engine Shot migth get better or used at all if the range could get increased a bit, for example to 20 range about half its max range.
The M36 is quite often used and effective against all targets i think the p4 m36 balance is something that isn't where it should be i would prefer to increase the penetration values across the board for medium tanks, otherwise USF could get stomped by p4s with panzer tactician if they do to good vs the jackson and the sherman can't keep them at bay with the ap rounds.
The Panther could need some changes but it shouldn't be ignored, that the stats for hp, armor and speed are quite good for a brawler and it mostly has issues on long range maps or against allied tds which can usually get a few opening shots in and kite it or force it off.

yes panthers dont need buff. dont forget it has AI pintle and for okw commander arty. So a premium tank that does everything.
Its 50 range outrange allies med tanks.
In 4v4 where you get more resources over time.
2 panthers vs 2 jackson is unfair as fuck.
If anything panthers need a bit more Mp increase. 490 is kinda cheap for its multi purpose role.

Yes stuart point blank needs some range buff AND moving accuracy buff.
Why is the ma only 0.5 when all usf tanks get 0.75?
Make ability 50 range so that it can shock panther fairly and 0.75 MA also sounds fair.

Nobody uses stuart coz it sucks and needs to be reviewed why.
23 Feb 2020, 14:44 PM

One needs to be very carefully with the wording in poll questions.

I have suggested something similar to that and even I would say no to this question.
23 Feb 2020, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Feb 2020, 14:44 PMVipper
One needs to be very carefully with the wording in poll questions.

I have suggested something similar to that and even I would say no to this question.

It’s Lago’s question. I also voted no.
23 Feb 2020, 15:07 PM

1. Yes, if it's made more useful but requires more skill to use, I'm all for it
2. Yes, No, doesn't matter, you don't expect Jackson to bounce anything (and it rarely does). I'm pretty sure I've seen more crashing planes wiping inf/vehicles than i've seen Jackson bouncing anything XD
3. I'm not sure of possible, I'd say no because its not worth the effort
If someone has enough resources to go beyond 100 resources on their army you probably lost a long time ago anyway, I'm quite indiffrent to it TBH.
4. Sure, Panther could use a small buff to moving acc, like 0.6 maybe?
23 Feb 2020, 23:56 PM

The panthers accuracy should come in the form of a vet bonus. It currently gets no accuracy bonus with vet except OKW panther at vet 5 gets on-the-move bonus

Vet 2 should have an acc bonus imo, maybe just an on-the-move one
24 Feb 2020, 00:15 AM

Moving acc is double trouble for panthers. It is a sturdy fast tank but its ment to be a defensive tool. Stationary acc > moving acc IMO.
24 Feb 2020, 02:44 AM

I said yes to Panther accuracy but only for the Ostheer one. OKW Panther is fine currently.
24 Feb 2020, 03:05 AM

Yes we should be careful of panther buff.
In 1v1 situation, it seems ok.
But 4v4 a mass of panthers is very hard to counter
Imagine with moving acc buff, they can swarm in and out.

Pew pew pew and down a Jackson while they can blitz out with 30% health.

The resources attrition to replace lost allies tanks mean we will lose games in long run. :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★