Login

russian armor

Mines should give XP to the squad who planted them

16 Feb 2020, 05:19 AM

Would be a nice way to actually vet engineers that don't have flamers or handheld AT past 1 minute. It was a thing in coh1 too.
16 Feb 2020, 11:03 AM

Or shared experience around vehicles.
16 Feb 2020, 11:16 AM

+1
16 Feb 2020, 11:18 AM

All structure that have a cost could provide the builder with XP on completion
16 Feb 2020, 11:26 AM

This would mostly benefit the russian engs, UKF engs and sturmpio. Rear echelons cant place mines non doctrinal. German minefields arnt reliable, since the enemy sees them from far; tank mines are often a gambit.

Would this count for main line inf as well, when they can place doctrinal mines?
16 Feb 2020, 11:44 AM

This would mostly benefit the russian engs, UKF engs and sturmpio. Rear echelons cant place mines non doctrinal. German minefields arnt reliable, since the enemy sees them from far; tank mines are often a gambit.

Would this count for main line inf as well, when they can place doctrinal mines?

R.E. can place mines without a doctrine for quite some time now...
16 Feb 2020, 11:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 11:44 AMVipper

R.E. can place mines without a doctrine for quite some time now...

my bad; youmean those anti tank mines? I am not that familiar with them; thought it was doctrinal
16 Feb 2020, 11:45 AM

Experience on sweeping mines is better or you could just farm vet 2 engineers if you're floating munitions in the late game.
16 Feb 2020, 11:50 AM

my bad; youmean those anti tank mines? I am not that familiar with them; thought it was doctrinal

No problem we all make mistakes :).
16 Feb 2020, 11:50 AM

No one is, that's how irrelevant they are.
16 Feb 2020, 12:55 PM

Experience on sweeping mines is better or you could just farm vet 2 engineers if you're floating munitions in the late game.

I want that since years, but it seems most people arn't interested.

Also Ostheer's AI mine should be a field, also no shields.
16 Feb 2020, 13:53 PM

16 Feb 2020, 14:28 PM

Maybe it could be locked out by flamethrower/AT upgrade, or at least put behind minesweeper upgrade
16 Feb 2020, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 11:18 AMVipper

That would disproportionately benefit EFA, especially ostheer, but honestly that probably wouldn't be an issue since WFA can have handheld AT on their engineers and vetting them has never been a serious issue.

As others said, rear echelons do have mines, and ostheer pios would probably get a huge amount of XP from even infrequent teller hits, and on the off chance somebody goes through an s-mine field, you'd be getting XP too, and some is better than none.

Why not both? And engineers (minesweepers especially) should be able to vet in the lategame, because currently this is functionally not possible without them having handheld AT (which isn't even an option for a majority of factions' engineers).

Maybe it could be locked out by flamethrower/AT upgrade, or at least put behind minesweeper upgrade

Probably should be locked behind sweeper upgrade.
16 Feb 2020, 17:11 PM

That would disproportionately benefit EFA, especially ostheer, but honestly that probably wouldn't be an issue since WFA can have handheld AT on their engineers and vetting them has never been a serious issue.

I don't see how, soviet build at lest 3 buildings, cashes and mines, R.E have mines/fighting position cashes, Ro.E. have mines, cashes and emplacements, okw have mines (and some doctrinal stuff).

The least benefit would come to OKW.
16 Feb 2020, 22:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Feb 2020, 11:18 AMVipper

I would leave base structures out of the equation and probably other units which already have a popcap (artillery).

I would combine this with engineers destroying enemy wire and disabling mines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★