33%
0%
30%
37%
Total votes: 27
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
14 Feb 2020, 00:55 AM

F for StuG E

Compared to Ostwind, it is straight up worse. Comes only 1 minute earlier and yet deals less DPS vs stationary targets, no dps to moving targets without attack ground, and has 80 less health.

Compared to the Scott, all it has is 80 more health and yet it has worse range, no turret, no smoke barrage, and no concealing smoke.

Currently, Ostheer lacks an area denial tool. The StuG E already competes with the Ostwind and Brummbär in its current role. Why not just convert it into a turretless Scott? This would remove it from its current redundant role and fill a gap in Ostheer’s roster
14 Feb 2020, 01:15 AM
Benefactor 392

stug-e is a mini brumbar. attack ground with it can do a lot of damage

Also the ost has a ton of Area denial tools, idk what you mean,
14 Feb 2020, 01:39 AM

Compared to the Scott, all it has is 80 more health and yet it has worse range, no turret, no smoke barrage, and no concealing smoke.

[...]Why not just convert it into a turretless Scott? [...]

I think this would be ideal. Copy the weapon profile of the Scott, and add about 10 range. It won't have the ability to fire on the move as well as the scott does (since it has no turret), but it'll still be decent without needing constant micro. The +10 range should compensate for the lower mobility, no turret and doc-locked status of the StuG-E compared to the scott.

Compared to the brummbar, it would do a lot less damage, but also require a lot less micro.

14 Feb 2020, 02:17 AM

All the Brummbar-likes need is sped up projectiles. Currently they're anti-infantry units that can't hit moving targets without Attack Ground babysitting.
14 Feb 2020, 02:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2020, 02:17 AMLago
All the Brummbar-likes need is sped up projectiles. Currently they're anti-infantry units that can't hit moving targets without Attack Ground babysitting.

This would simply make it less worse than the Ostwind. Key being that it would still be worse than the Ostwind. Any buffs combined with price increases will just bring it further in line with the Ostwind or Brummbar, making it redundant.

Another option could be to nerf it and reduce its cost so that it comes at around the same time as the OKW puma so that the light tank gap in Ost's roster would finally be filled. this was suggested by Unit G17 in the Ostheer tech restructure post.
14 Feb 2020, 03:10 AM

This would simply make it less worse than the Ostwind. Key being that it would still be worse than the Ostwind. Any buffs combined with price increases will just bring it further in line with the Ostwind or Brummbar, making it redundant.

Another option could be to nerf it and reduce its cost so that it comes at around the same time as the OKW puma so that the light tank gap in Ost's roster would finally be filled. this was suggested by Unit G17 in the Ostheer tech restructure post.

My suggested tech rework would accelerate its timing a fair bit.
14 Feb 2020, 04:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2020, 03:10 AMLago

I really like your tech rework, but I’m concerned that the mod team will be too afraid to do it. I think one unit being reworked to make it viable is a lot more likely to happen than an entire faction being reworked to fix 2 vehicles, I like your idea of a Ost tech rework more but I’m concerned it won’t happen :mellow:
14 Feb 2020, 06:11 AM

I personally use it alot ad mecjanized assault is one thing i mostly play these days with ost. I think what would be decent addition would be barrage like su 76, which could be quite good to function as weapon team and emplacement demolisher. Pintle mount mg could work as well.
14 Feb 2020, 09:39 AM

its lol that the stug e has less range than a scott..since they had mostly the same gun and weapon type/ usage...
14 Feb 2020, 10:10 AM

The Stugie is fine as a unit. It just needs to come at the right timing, as requiring BP2 like the Puma is too late.
14 Feb 2020, 10:13 AM

its lol that the stug e has less range than a scott..since they had mostly the same gun and weapon type/ usage...

its lol that scott has less health and armor then stug e..since they had mostly the same gun and weapon type/ usage...
14 Feb 2020, 10:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2020, 10:13 AMKatitof

its lol that scott has less health and armor then stug e..since they had mostly the same gun and weapon type/ usage...

it doesnt need it...since it has so much range to not get in any danger zone...and even than..it can stay 3 pak shells and has smoke...is super mobile ...but this stug 3 E is much less mobile, no turret...no smoke.....doc unit...much easier to lose
14 Feb 2020, 10:25 AM

it doesnt need it...since it has so much range to not get in any danger zone...and even than..it can stay 3 pak shells and has smoke...is super mobile ...but this stug 3 E is much less mobile, no turret...no smoke.....doc unit...much easier to lose

The issue is behind keyboard here.
14 Feb 2020, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2020, 10:25 AMKatitof

The issue is behind keyboard here.

thats whys u see so many stug 3 e every game...but so less scotts..right mister "sov cant have sniper and at gun at the same time"-katitof 2020
14 Feb 2020, 13:09 PM

thats whys u see so many stug 3 e every game...but so less scotts..right mister "sov cant have sniper and at gun at the same time"-katitof 2020

You do realize stug e is doctrinal in non meta doctrine? And scott is stock unit that's supposed to be USF equivalent of rocket arty?

Obviously yes, you'll see one more then the other, but as vipper loves to say - just because unit isn't used doesn't mean its bad, in fact, it can be hidden OP.

Also, are you going to stick to that "quote" for long?
I sadly can't do the same, because I don't want to write a fucking 1000 page BOOK with yours.
If you want to discredit someone, you'd have to drag yourself out of skill and logic gutter first.
14 Feb 2020, 13:12 PM

Maybe give it a su76 style barrage?
14 Feb 2020, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2020, 13:09 PMKatitof

You do realize stug e is doctrinal in non meta doctrine? And scott is stock unit that's supposed to be USF equivalent of rocket arty?

Obviously yes, you'll see one more then the other, but as vipper loves to say - just because unit isn't used doesn't mean its bad, in fact, it can be hidden OP.

I sadly can't do the same, because I don't want to write a fucking 1000 page BOOK with yours.
If you want to discredit someone, you'd have to drag yourself out of skill and logic gutter first.

i only remind this community only at your BS which u talk all the time.
14 Feb 2020, 13:16 PM

i only remind this community only at your BS which u talk all the time.

Good think I don't need to do the same, because that's the only thing you're famous here for.
14 Feb 2020, 13:56 PM

You do realize stug e is doctrinal in non meta doctrine?

That is simply false. Mechanized Assault Doctrine doctrine was the second most picked Ostheer commander in the latest torment. Out of the 20 times the doctrine was picked only 1 Stug -E was built.

And scott is stock unit that's supposed to be USF equivalent of rocket arty?

Nice to see that actually agree with me but let me correct you on what I am saying.

"just because unit isn't used doesn't mean necessarily its UP".
But that does not seem to apply in this case since top player had the opportunity to produce the unit and choose not to do.

I will not even both to go into this and will simply suggest you ask the same question to yourself.
14 Feb 2020, 13:56 PM

It absolutely shouldn't be turned into a Scott, it's an assault gun. It should be able to provide cheap frontline support while being able to take a beating (early on at least). Give it some adjustments that reinforces its role as such. For example:

- A pintle MG, so you don't just have to rely on its unreliable gun.
- The ability to fire a smoke barrage.
- Exchange some health for a received damage modifier, so it becomes quicker to repair.
- The ability to fire a normal barrage with faster reload speed.
- Speed up its projectile speed (bit less creative option, but wouldn't have to attack ground so often).
- give it 80 near AoE damage, so it can kill models more consistently. This is how the AoE of the Scott and Stug E compare: https://i.imgur.com/s5TSRlJ.png

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Feb 2020, 03:10 AMLago

..Otherwise this would help immensely.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment