Login

russian armor

Winter balance (1/2020) feedback USF

2 Feb 2020, 09:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2020, 03:35 AMVipper

Then it should be unlock with Major...
140mu to kill one mg is is quite expensive in early game but I can accept that because how usefull this ability is in late game.
It would be nice if they nerf grayhound a little bit and put him in cp3 or after full officer tech because right now its too late in 4v4 mode
2 Feb 2020, 11:05 AM

There really isn't any reason to change the I&R arty (fun fact, it is basically the same exact strike as the 155MM in the WC51, which nobody is complaining about.) For the munition it costs, you're just not going to see it early game, and even if you did, it's not nearly as amazing as this thread seems to make it out to be. Locking it behind Major is unnecessary as well as counter-intuitive given the very description of the unit being "authorized to call down artillery strikes".

I can understand Recon Support is a bit buff at the moment, but it definitely isn't because of the I&R arty.

Funny that you mention WC51, because guess what:

155mm Artillery Barrage
Drops a 155mm artillery barrage into the target area.
Requires Major
Costs 180 munitions
Both abilities require the player to have the Mechanized Commander locked in

And if remember correctly they different abilities. As far as I can remember IR&P has less shell but drop faster and causes engine damage.

So as I suggested make cheaper but less lethal or lock it behind Major.

140mu to kill one mg is is quite expensive in early game but I can accept that because how usefull this ability is in late game.
It would be nice if they nerf grayhound a little bit and put him in cp3 or after full officer tech because right now its too late in 4v4 mode

That is part of the problem it is very expensive to kill a HMG that might actually be able to retreat.
On the other hand in a 1v1 mode killing an enemy ATG when one's light vehicle is out can be crippling to the opponent and ATG can not dodge the ability.
ddd
3 Feb 2020, 13:23 PM

Wow cluster bombs are dead now. rip
3 Feb 2020, 13:42 PM

In my view, the Lieutenant needs to have elite bazookas. This would help out a lot in the USF AT department,
3 Feb 2020, 18:25 PM

In my view, the Lieutenant needs to have elite bazookas. This would help out a lot in the USF AT department,

All zooks should be elite, I dont even bother getting zooks unless they are on a ranger or paratrooper.
3 Feb 2020, 18:59 PM

All zooks should be elite, I dont even bother getting zooks unless they are on a ranger or paratrooper.

This is the perfect example of power creep
3 Feb 2020, 19:01 PM

This is the perfect example of power creep

More like the perfect example of someone bad who wants to get buffed to win.
3 Feb 2020, 21:35 PM

Elite bazookas should remain specific to rangers and the paratroopers and if anything should only offer an accuracy and penetration advantage rather than damage. Regular bazookas already benefit from a reload vet on both the LT and Captain. If anything I'd give RM a reload vet too to encourage zooks on them instead of REs, but whatever. Bit much to be buffing rifles more.
4 Feb 2020, 07:23 AM

Agreed with replacing the airdropped combat group with 340mp Paratroopers.

The Greyhound also needs to be 3CP.

Greyhoud's tech requirement is already lower then most LVs, 3CP is unacceptable.
4 Feb 2020, 07:32 AM

Greyhoud's tech requirement is already lower then most LVs, 3CP is unacceptable.

If they were any higher, they would be at medium tank tier....
4 Feb 2020, 13:14 PM

+1
4 Feb 2020, 13:18 PM

Standard Bazooka is complete bullshit. It does not penetrate sometimes even Luchs. And the panzershrek can easily penetrate the pershing. The biggest problem with the zooks is its bad penetration.
4 Feb 2020, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 13:18 PMRiley
It does not penetrate sometimes even Luchs.

PLS check stat before posting the claim is simply false.
Bazooka has 110 fer penetration and luch has 55 armor thus it will always penetrate.

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 13:18 PMRiley

And the panzershrek can easily penetrate the pershing.

Shreck has 160 fer penetration and Persing has 270 armor thus it has 59% chance to penetrate which I wouldn't describe as "easily".

Finally keep in mind that hand held weapons to deflection damage so they do not need to penetrate to cause damage.
(edited a typo, thanks for pointing it out)
4 Feb 2020, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 13:26 PMVipper

Shreck has 160 fer penetration and Persing has 270 armor thus it has 59% chance to penetrate which I would describe as "easily".

That sentence means you agree with him.
4 Feb 2020, 14:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 13:26 PMVipper

Bazooka has 110 fer penetration and luch has 55 armor thus it will always penetrate.

Shreck has 160 fer penetration and Persing has 270 armor thus it has 59% chance to penetrate which I would describe as "easily".

Finally keep in mind that hand held weapons to deflection damage so they do not need to penetrate to cause damage.

Should I provide video proof? What bazookas sometimes dont penetrate the luchs?? Axis Faction Lawyer. And then to show what bazookas sometimes dont penetrate the panzer 4. I'm not talking about tigers and panthers! Its big big joke
4 Feb 2020, 14:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Feb 2020, 14:06 PMRiley

Should I provide video proof? What bazookas sometimes dont penetrate the luchs??...

pls do, because it it does it mean it is a bug.

(Can we pls avoid name calling? I am simply correcting stats, which are facts and if we can agree on simple thing as fact there little point in debating anything.)
4 Feb 2020, 14:44 PM

Dont need any video. Zooks always pens LV, specially Luchs.
21 Feb 2020, 01:45 AM

I think that usf need a remaster of the Rifle company skills. For the nerf of the m36, we basically need to strengthen the at ability on usf's Axis tanks. For this reason, I think the buff of the anti-tank penetration of the m4a3e8 and the reload speed of the gun are necessary. If so, I think people can make antitank strategies by choosing other tanks besides the m36.And I think the biggest weakness of the rifle company weakness is that there is no external reinforcement unit. I think it's reasonable to give three thompson sub machine guns to a riflemen like an assualt kit rather than a non-functional skill like fire-up.Of course it is okay if my opinion is not reflected. But it seems unattractive that the rifle company is not chosen even in recent tournaments or other matches. Like I said before, I hope the rifle company will be improved in this patch. Even if it's difficult, it's included in the next patch's topic or as development.
21 Feb 2020, 08:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Feb 2020, 14:03 PMVipper
Cluster Bomb

-Added 1 additional second to delay before the plane arrives.

Seem to be in a good direction.

Since these change are made parallel with Ostheer fragmentation bombing maybe bring more inline CP and cost. 7 vs 10 and 110 vs 180.

In addition since you are looking at instant deletion abilities why not have a look at IR Pathinders artillery barrage. The ability is way too strong/expensive for it timing and undodgeable by Paks.

Why not simply replace it with a cheap mortar barrage with a cost around 60.

The problem of that pathfinder barrage is that you need a lot of muntion, forcing you to avoid bar upgrades if you want to use it on eraly game. And on early in the majority of map a decent player doesn't clump the units. So you can trade 150 munition , or 300 if you didn't wipe the mg the first time, only to kill one support weapon. It's really strong , but when you on early miss an mg or pak you will delay any kind of upgrade for so long. And you need at least 2 pathfinder units to use it more often. So is an high risk high reward strat , if you nerf pathfinder's barrage, this commander will probabily no longer be used over a standard airborne commander. The best way to nerf it is an higher delay time (so lowering the chance of an instant wipe) in exchange of a pretty decent munition cost reduction to make this arty more spammable. Cluster and combat group nerf is enough for now probably.
21 Feb 2020, 09:26 AM

The problem of that pathfinder barrage is that you need a lot of muntion, forcing you to avoid bar upgrades if you want to use it on eraly game. And on early in the majority of map a decent player doesn't clump the units. So you can trade 150 munition , or 300 if you didn't wipe the mg the first time, only to kill one support weapon. It's really strong , but when you on early miss an mg or pak you will delay any kind of upgrade for so long. And you need at least 2 pathfinder units to use it more often. So is an high risk high reward strat , if you nerf pathfinder's barrage, this commander will probabily no longer be used over a standard airborne commander. The best way to nerf it is an higher delay time (so lowering the chance of an instant wipe) in exchange of a pretty decent munition cost reduction to make this arty more spammable. Cluster and combat group nerf is enough for now probably.

As I pointed out the ability is simply of too high power level for its timing.

The ability was fine with 3 man IR&Pathfinder but now it is not. The redesigning of IR&Pathfinder
was simply wrong creating even more overlap. The unit should simply replaced by something else and the bonus sight should be move to riflemen or RE as an upgrade.

If you used correctly it can kill enemies pak allowing to still it and have light vehicles win the early stage of the game.

As for the commander there are allot of thing that I would change since the overlap with Airborne is simply too high.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★