Login

russian armor

State of Heavies

PAGES (7)down
18 Jan 2020, 23:01 PM

Wrong. The secondary cannon is more than enough to penetrate a p4 at close and medium range. When you're flanking a KV8 with a p4, the rear of the p4 is also exposed to the KV8 most of the time, hence the secondary cannon is getting a decent # of rear armor shots.

LOL I said it poses no threat, not that it can't damage the p4. The secondary gun is terrible, if you lose your p4 to that you have no one to blame but yourself

If a t34 gets lost to a brumbarr it should be just as embarrassed. Do you have point?
18 Jan 2020, 23:08 PM

Permanently Banned

LOL I said it poses no threat, not that it can't damage the p4. The secondary gun is terrible, if you lose your p4 to that you have no one to blame but yourself

If a t34 gets lost to a brumbarr it should be just as embarrassed. Do you have point?

Well, the KV8 can damage a flanking P4 while it retreats, if a Brum is flanked it can't even return fire. So if a Zis lands just one or two shots on the p4, it's dead. The secondary gun can reliably pen the rear of a p4 so the KV8 is better off than the Brum
18 Jan 2020, 23:08 PM

Wrong. The secondary cannon is more than enough to penetrate a p4 at close and medium range.

An absolute lie btw. The 45mm has 80 penetration at midrange. P4 has 180 armor, 230 at vet2. More than enough = <50%???

But this misses the point. I have already said they should also nerf rear armor of KVs and Churchill....

Do you have a point?
18 Jan 2020, 23:29 PM

Kv1 and the kv8 could have a slight rear armour reduction (perhaps to 140?) to match the heavy tanks. The kv1 is just a slower and more beafy t34.

Kv8 needs no explaining and the kv2 is already at 120.

If the Churchill tanks were to receive a armour nerf, I would think a acc or speed buff would be in order because they are so slow.
18 Jan 2020, 23:30 PM

Permanently Banned

An absolute lie btw. The 45mm has 80 penetration at midrange. P4 has 180 armor, 230 at vet2. More than enough = <50%???

But this misses the point. I have already said they should also nerf rear armor of KVs and Churchill....

Do you have a point?

My point is that 80 is more than enough to reliably penetrate the rear armor of p4. When you're flanking a tank, is the flanking tank also exposing its rear to the enemy tank? Of course. So my point is that YOU'RE BEING BIASED, AS USUAL saying the KV8 is defenseless vs p4.

U think you have a balanced view of the game but you're sorely mistaken.
18 Jan 2020, 23:33 PM

When you're flanking a tank, is the flanking tank also exposing its rear to the enemy tank? Of course.

Uhhh no? It's front or side most likely. How often do you see 2 tanks who's butts are facing each other for more than a second? Don't think I've ever seen that

You would see the rear as the tank is driving away AFTER a flank. Not before...

Again, you're still ignoring the main point, which has nothing to do with this. I don't think ANY of these tanks should be deflecting rear shots. It's not about any of these specific examples...
18 Jan 2020, 23:54 PM

Permanently Banned

Uhhh no? It's front or side most likely. How often do you see 2 tanks who's butts are facing each other for more than a second? Don't think I've ever seen that

You would see the rear as the tank is driving away AFTER a flank. Not before...

Again, you're still ignoring the main point, which has nothing to do with this. I don't think ANY of these tanks should be deflecting rear shots. It's not about any of these specific examples...

If a p4 is to reliably flank a KV8 it's supposed to get behind the KV8. When the KV8 realizes it's being flanked, it's supposed to reverse. Both tank's cannons will be pointed each other's rear armor.

19 Jan 2020, 00:04 AM

If a p4 is to reliably flank a KV8 it's supposed to get behind the KV8. When the KV8 realizes it's being flanked, it's supposed to reverse. Both tank's cannons will be pointed each other's rear armor.

Flanking means coming in from the side or behind. If you come in from the side, your side will be facing the tank. If you come in from behind, your front will be facing the tank. You're rear is exposed to the rest of your opponents army, not that tank...

Again, what is your point? Do you have a point about heavy tank rear armor? Can you try to discuss the topic instead of arguing about nothing?

So my point is that YOU'RE BEING BIASED, AS USUAL saying the KV8 is defenseless vs p4.

I didn't say it was defenseless. I said it poses no threat. Stop making stuff up to argue with. If you disagree with my main point, say so. If not there's nothing more to discuss here
19 Jan 2020, 02:33 AM

@SkysTheLimit I really think that the discussion of all tanks having greatly increased short range pen fits in well with this one. I sincerely don't think that a max range shot on the ass of a kv-1 should be a guaranteed pen for a p4, but point blank (or a bit out) should be, like so for say a t34/tiger. It would allow units designed to be durable to be countered with appropriate risk while retaining their decisive traits if used properly.
19 Jan 2020, 03:37 AM

I sincerely don't think that a max range shot on the ass of a kv-1 should be a guaranteed pen for a p4, but point blank (or a bit out) should be, like so for say a t34/tiger.

I think it should for a couple reasons. The lack of an actual side armor value being one of the bigger ones. If we had actual side armor instead of just a split of rear and frontal, I think flanking would be more predictable for all sides. Fewer rear armor shots that come from the front and vice vrrsa

But by far the biggest reason is tank-phasing. Tanks going right through each other completely ends the flank and is an unholy level of stupid. You can prevent this by stopping behind the tank, but you really shouldn't have to. If you could keep moving at all times it would be much easier to trap the unit you successfully got behind (which is already hard to do)

With what we have now, I feel like tanks shouldn't have to worry about penetration if they are hitting rear armor. It's risky enough as is to flank

P.S. Thank you for actually responding to my point and making your opinion/disagreement on it clear. That's normal for you, but this thread makes me feel compelled to show gratitude for it...
19 Jan 2020, 05:45 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Rear could be lowered, if it was not 50% of the hitbox of the tank.

Vehicles with low range or less threatening guns put on it, there's less need of a change.
I can see the current KV2 lose some armor due to how the unit was reworked to be.
On the fence with KV1-KV8-Churchill.

IF it was me, i'll rather have mediums have a higher point blank (>5 range) penetration while keeping the current values from 5 onward.
19 Jan 2020, 22:54 PM

Rear could be lowered, if it was not 50% of the hitbox of the tank.

Vehicles with low range or less threatening guns put on it, there's less need of a change.
I can see the current KV2 lose some armor due to how the unit was reworked to be.
On the fence with KV1-KV8-Churchill.

IF it was me, i'll rather have mediums have a higher point blank (>5 range) penetration while keeping the current values from 5 onward.

5 is drastic-close for tank gameplay imho. Lago's proposal of point blank mechanic for tanks (long time ago) is a good way to make mediums less helpless vs heavies. Heavies are too efficient at killing regardless of medium state tbh, especially when vetted. Just a moment ago I saw a top lvl 2v2 game with OKW Tiger with 87 kills.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS