Login

russian armor

"special" weapon regiment

1 Jan 2020, 13:31 PM

what so special about the vicker k ? it cost 60 muni, require a 4cp half track and bren researched yet perform almost the same dps as 45 muni bren that can be aquired sooner ? and since AT section got their upgrade removed can they at least have 3 boys AT rifles (infantry damage reduced) and cloak to improve their survivability and usefulness to vehicles ?
off topic but infantry shouldn't be avoiding allied vehicle, its annoying
1 Jan 2020, 13:32 PM

half track should be 3 cp or increase vicker k's damage but take 2 weapon slots
1 Jan 2020, 14:21 PM

Well, I do think that the commander is not in a very useful state at the moment. He was basically an emergency "oshi, a Luchs and I have no AT" button, but now Sappers get snare anyway, he's not very useful.

"Hold the Line" was always useless and expensive, and the nerfs that you mentioned to the half-track, AT sections, and Croc were kinda deserved but have indeed not helped. The HT especially comes too late to be that useful.

I would agree that 3 or 4x AT rifles on the section, with worse AI DPS, or moving the HT to 3CP certainly would't hurt.
1 Jan 2020, 14:26 PM

0 CP Flamethrowers for sappers
2 CP Tank Hunter sections (critical shot from sniper with longer aim time)
2 CP M5 halftruck (can upgrade to meat chopper ZSU)
7 CP Heavy Artillery
10 CP Chruchill Crocodile
1 Jan 2020, 14:34 PM

0 CP Flamethrowers for sappers
2 CP Tank Hunter sections (critical shot from sniper with longer aim time)
2 CP M5 halftruck (can upgrade to meat chopper ZSU)
7 CP Heavy Artillery
10 CP Chruchill Crocodile

Resuplly halftrack is fine it should just give better vicker k or arrive sooner
1 Jan 2020, 14:39 PM

Resuplly halftrack is fine it should just give better vicker k or arrive sooner

I’d rather see the M5 replace it in the doctrine and have the resupply truck be in the Platoon CP.
1 Jan 2020, 15:10 PM

IMO, "speshul" commander should get next layout:
1 CP: tankhunters section with more utility abilities - like tank detection, cloak in heavy cover, maybe special smoke grenade, like german blender, but works only for veichles. Maybe light AT-mines, like americans have.
3 CP: ressuply halftrack with Royal Recovery team in it + rework of ressuply HT itself - maybe one-use OKW-style medcrate for 10 mu, brens, piats AND Vikkers after research.
7 CP: incendiary mortar barrage
8 CP: heavy arty
10 CP or 12 CP: crock itself.

I am no expert in game AND in brits (just picked them in november during sale) but I think this will at the same time keep it separated from the rest with their distinctive squads and ability and will make it somewhat useful in 1v1 as well.

BTW, do anyone have any clues how "Hold the Line" works? It seems too random for me - sometimes it lights up my whole frontline and sends out 4 typhoons, and sometimes literally nothing happens, sendnig my 200 muni down the drain.
1 Jan 2020, 15:54 PM

I believe that when the bren was nerfed the Vickers K remained the same and it is now a different weapon alltogether, ala, it shreds (Unless thats just conformation bias).

The requirement to unlock weapons should be removed to let the HT drop Vickers and Piats, its too much to require side trech aswell as a HT.

Hold the line is the most OP ability in the game and the only reason it hasn't been nerfed is because noone knows how it works and its very situational.

It works like this:

You press the ability and all your frontline sectors (THAT A RE CONNECTED) light up, after about 20-30 seconds or so if an enemy steps foot in that sector they meet lazer rockets and MG's but only after that time so if you are expecting a push you have to... "Hold the line" It can be contested where you are both in it and it can be getting taken by the enemy but if it gets taken or you cap a new territory, it breaks the ability.

So click it and camp on your points, basically.

AT sections are pure trash however, their AT capability after LV phase is non existent, if you can get a snare off just pray that it actually damages the vhicles engine as many times I have had them not snare LV's when hit.

Railyway arty is again situational, mainly good at killing OKW buildings but other than that, used as an expensive area denial during the latter stages of the game.

To fix it, give AT sections cloak, remove the need to unlock weapons to drop weapons from HT and tweak hold the line so Its more consistant and not OP as fuck like it is now when used.
1 Jan 2020, 16:34 PM

I forgot to mention hold the line because i literally never frickin use it as it is so expensive for a trash ability that never work against any players that have brain
Just remove the planes and just give buff to infantry in friendly territory and reduce muni to 100
1 Jan 2020, 16:52 PM

IMO, "speshul" commander should get next layout:
1 CP: tankhunters section with more utility abilities - like tank detection, cloak in heavy cover, maybe special smoke grenade, like german blender, but works only for veichles. Maybe light AT-mines, like americans have.
3 CP: ressuply halftrack with Royal Recovery team in it + rework of ressuply HT itself - maybe one-use OKW-style medcrate for 10 mu, brens, piats AND Vikkers after research.
7 CP: incendiary mortar barrage
8 CP: heavy arty
10 CP or 12 CP: crock itself.

I am no expert in game AND in brits (just picked them in november during sale) but I think this will at the same time keep it separated from the rest with their distinctive squads and ability and will make it somewhat useful in 1v1 as well.

BTW, do anyone have any clues how "Hold the Line" works? It seems too random for me - sometimes it lights up my whole frontline and sends out 4 typhoons, and sometimes literally nothing happens, sendnig my 200 muni down the drain.

AT section already have tank detection a passive ability would be fine
Recovery team in a halftrack would be waste of popcap
No need for med kit since they can heal themselves
Remove heavy arty and add anti tank strafe plane or replace flame mortar with anti infantry strafe plane
1 Jan 2020, 18:24 PM

An upgrade for AT section that give them 2 bazooka and remove snare will help with scaling.
1 Jan 2020, 19:13 PM

At the very least, the "hold the line only works for territories you capped and not teammate" fixed. How did that BS even get trough testing.

Also, give tank hunters the upgrades back

And maybe, the offmap arty could be changed to only one shot but cheaper as a dedicated LEFH killer, but Im not sure about that

Even then, Mobile Assault and Royal Arty will forever dominate, since they have good indirect fire
1 Jan 2020, 20:24 PM

It’s called special weapons

So I would say give it the land mattress, that way if you want rocket artillery as Brits it’s in a default commander and there would be more than one commander wi5 rocket artillery
1 Jan 2020, 23:35 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jan 2020, 15:54 PMLatch
I believe that when the bren was nerfed the Vickers K remained the same and it is now a different weapon alltogether, ala, it shreds (Unless thats just conformation bias).

Yes, this is the main draw of the vickers. You still get that extra bit of fire power when you get them.
1 Jan 2020, 23:39 PM

Call-in HTs, ESPECIALLY ones like the M3 here that can't have any weapon upgrades applied to them, should never be more than CP3. This one honestly could probably work fine in CP2 or else be buildable from the Platoon command post.
2 Jan 2020, 05:20 AM

An upgrade for AT section that give them 2 bazooka and remove snare will help with scaling.

What so special about that, i just gonna build sapper with 2 piat then
2 Jan 2020, 10:28 AM

What so special about that, i just gonna build sapper with 2 piat then

Zook is better than Piat and it wouldnt cost you 100 muni?
2 Jan 2020, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jan 2020, 10:28 AMLatch

Zook is better than Piat and it wouldnt cost you 100 muni?

still prefer sappers with piat because they got snares
2 Jan 2020, 14:30 PM

Imo tank hunter section should be turned into upgrade for tommies rather than be more expedive and late tommy squad. You could aswell play around with idea of giving them at satchels.

For hold the line, it has too many requirements to work efficently. It could be made more easy to activate( own infantry on sector not required, just sight to the enemy, and maybe allow planes to arrive faster) other would be to change it into some more "special" weapon as doctrine suggest. Land mattress, some special weapon commando team,valentine anything really
2 Jan 2020, 15:40 PM

Just copy the AT cons concept. Camouflage, grenade assault, light AT mines and double the vehicle detection range.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
Germany 11
unknown 10
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L