Login

russian armor

Resurrecting the old vet grenadier ability

31 Dec 2019, 09:42 AM

Help me out here, I don't remember this/know what it refers too

Talking about Armor Company vehicle crews? Vetting up faster =/= the manipulation Relic was talking about imo. Otherwise they would of gotten rid of the various bulletins that do it too

7 man cons also get vet speed bonus. I think Tiger ACE is most similar example to vet manipulation they were talking about.. Spawning a unit that already has vet

I guess they're okay with Tiger ACE because its endgame unit and at least its only vet 1 now

Faster XP gain via doctrinal ability is xp manipulation and is available in the game currently. And that was actually my suggestion about the "elite" doctrine. Replace the STr with an ability that could provide a number of bonus like faster XP gain an/or an extra vet level. One could introduce a similar ability for rifle company also.

Actually the main problem with the original commander was the Tiger and the fact that one could use the ability to give XP to allied units.
31 Dec 2019, 11:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 15:38 PMVipper
Yet veterancy manipulation was reintroduced with elite armor...

That struck me as strange at the time. They went to so much effort to take it out only to put it back in.

I suppose they draw a distinction between veterancy acceleration (which Conscripts can also get now) and buying vet for resources.
31 Dec 2019, 12:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2019, 11:59 AMLago

That struck me as strange at the time. They went to so much effort to take it out only to put it back in.

I suppose they draw a distinction between veterancy acceleration (which Conscripts can also get now) and buying vet for resources.

And thus my suggestion for bringing back the "elite" theme ability for the "elite" commander with similar mechanism and possibly for rifle Company...
31 Dec 2019, 12:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 15:38 PMVipper
Yet veterancy manipulation was reintroduced with elite armor...

There is a sliiiiight difference between small vet rate multiplier and BUYING FUCKING VET3 INSTANTLY.
31 Dec 2019, 15:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2019, 09:42 AMVipper

Faster XP gain via doctrinal ability is xp manipulation and is available in the game currently.

Is always been available. They're are a variety of bulletins that give faster xp, including a 10% one for Rifleman

It's vastly different from purchasing vet right off the bat. Vet speed bonus at least still requires you to actually use the unit in combat
31 Dec 2019, 15:32 PM

Is always been available. They're are a variety of bulletins that give faster xp, including a 10% one for Rifleman

It's vastly different from purchasing vet right off the bat. Vet speed bonus at least still requires you to actually use the unit in combat

Ok, but why why not have grens at t4 get vet 1 when they come out. Serves the meme of, you get a medal, you get a medal everyone gets a medal.
31 Dec 2019, 15:45 PM

Ok, but why why not have grens at t4 get vet 1 when they come out. Serves the meme of, you get a medal, you get a medal everyone gets a medal.

How about you make your own mod where that happens?
31 Dec 2019, 15:47 PM

How about you make your own mod where that happens?

But I want every one to enjoy the meme officially. Oh... i got a question do storms get first strike bonus on their camo or is it like the commando one no first strike bonus.
31 Dec 2019, 16:01 PM

Yes it is and I have never argued that it is same nor did I suggested that buying XP should return, yet it is XP manipulation. That is just a certain user doing his usual spin/troll and putting words in other people's mouth. Even Lago the person I respond, to seems to think that it is XP manipulation.

But I am not really, interested in debating this point further.
31 Dec 2019, 17:49 PM

Please no - I remember how cancer it was in 4 v 4 with one player spammed vet 3 mortars, MGS, PGs & Grens and then wait for the Tiger Ace.
31 Dec 2019, 18:38 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

In the same way you will never get instant resource conversion, you won't get instant vet on anything.

Look at TA, Vetted rifle, etc.

The most you can get is faster vet gaining (see Cons and bulletins).
31 Dec 2019, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Dec 2019, 16:01 PMVipper

Yes it is and I have never argued that it is same

Okay well its fair to think that you were saying that when you said they "reintroduced it."

Cause that implies it was gone and came back, but speeding up xp gain never left the game in the first place. Bulletins have had it from day 1
31 Dec 2019, 20:15 PM

Why have it? If I have to come up with a reason for not doing it you should need one too. I don't see why grens need it

If you were recommending this for all factions after final tech-up, I might be more interested than for just one faction
31 Dec 2019, 21:11 PM

Maybe replace Relief Infantry be a commander ability
31 Dec 2019, 22:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Dec 2019, 10:11 AMKatitof
Isn't it a bit early for April 1st?

Well your still here so its certainly a bad prolonged joke
1 Jan 2020, 02:03 AM

First, veterancy bonuses are a mess yet. Some require serious fixes. But regardless paying or teching for veterancy sound wonky.

CoH had a nice vet differentiation, but it was discarded for CoH2 for a reason. IMO its better as the way it is now. A lot of creativity and elbow grease to balance a game like that is required
1 Jan 2020, 03:29 AM

Why have it? If I have to come up with a reason for not doing it you should need one too. I don't see why grens need it

If you were recommending this for all factions after final tech-up, I might be more interested than for just one faction

Cus T4 sucks. Buffing T4 units would make em hell OP. Getting vet 1 out of the gate at the cost of resources sounds pretty reasonable. It even worked on coh1.
The other factions(i'm putting ukf here too cus they will get fixed eventually) have better early game.
Nostalgia is also 1 more factor (coh1 nostalgia).
1 Jan 2020, 03:43 AM

First, veterancy bonuses are a mess yet. Some require serious fixes. But regardless paying or teching for veterancy sound wonky.

CoH had a nice vet differentiation, but it was discarded for CoH2 for a reason. IMO its better as the way it is now. A lot of creativity and elbow grease to balance a game like that is required

I;m guessing coh2 doesn't have a different system for vet for every army is mainly due to streamlining or even a design choice(since global weapon upgrades were also removed). some of the mechanics in coh2 are streamlined compared to coh1 like armor, rec acc. These used target table coh1 and in coh2 they use values this undoubtedly makes things easier to code but makes it difficult(or outright impossible) for unique faction-faction dynamics possible (eg. Puma/up gunned 234 was ok vs light armor but terrible vs us infantry but was a proper all rounder vs brit infantry).
1 Jan 2020, 12:08 PM

Well your still here so its certainly a bad prolonged joke

Hilarious, coming from you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment