Login

russian armor

Engineers build bags only

Should building green covers switch to engineers exclusively?
Option Distribution Votes
30%
57%
13%
Total votes: 23
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
8 Dec 2019, 16:47 PM

Since I play this game, the question about the ability of the main infantry to build green covers was a thing. I even remember the consensus about preventing the ability to ostheer to build any green covers. Because lmg grenadiers behind green covers could be too strong and overpowered.

However, almost all mainline infantries are able to build green covers right now.

Cons obviously.
Volks obviously.
Infantry section.
Riflemen with a commander ability.

So, what do you think about this ? Should this ability switch to engineers exclusively. Instead of the actual situation ? To be far less spammable and more fair to all factions ? Or it's fine as it is. I am kind curious.

9 Dec 2019, 00:10 AM

It's mostly fine, Volksgrenadiers are the only ones I say need to lose it. Conscripts have it because they're lackluster at range and it's the only thing that allows them to repel attackers early on. Sections have it because they're straight up crippled without cover. Riflemen get it on a Commander ability and that's fine because they don't have it at all otherwise.

Volksgrenadiers though have it because of an old faction design that no longer applies. Current Volksgrenadiers are highly cost effective, perform well at range, and have an upgrade that boosts close range performance. Unlike the other 3, the sandbags are not covering a weakness, they're amplifying their abilities.
9 Dec 2019, 01:20 AM

Yes mainline do not need the extra utility of building sandbag, if they have it they should be very very slow at it.
9 Dec 2019, 01:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Dec 2019, 16:47 PMJadek
Since I play this game, the question about the ability of the main infantry to build green covers was a thing. I even remember the consensus about preventing the ability to ostheer to build any green covers. Because lmg grenadiers behind green covers could be too strong and overpowered.

However, almost all mainline infantries are able to build green covers right now.

Cons obviously.
Volks obviously.
Infantry section.
Riflemen with a commander ability.

So, what do you think about this ? Should this ability switch to engineers exclusively. Instead of the actual situation ? To be far less spammable and more fair to all factions ? Or it's fine as it is. I am kind curious.

I think it would be a bad nerf to an already UP UKF faction. The only faction that I could maybe see it happen to is OKW, and even there I'm not so sure it is a good idea because I wouldn't want to be forced to buy a second Sturmpio just to build sandbags.
9 Dec 2019, 02:09 AM

I agree for the most part, but being able to create situations where you can fight from a position of strength is a huge aspect of this game.

If you take it from volks, storms should be given the ability to make tank traps.
If you take it from cons, either combat engineers should get it or give it back to cons upon 7 man upgrade.
I'm mostly ok with it on infantry sections given how reliant they are on cover though you could have them build a light cover instead of heavy cover.
Rifles are fine since its doctrinal.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 30
New Zealand 5
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %