Login

russian armor

The most OP unit is the game *drum roll* is...

PAGES (7)down
15 Dec 2019, 05:27 AM

Ugh USF's mortar isn't an OST mortar. It only kind of works against garrisoned MGs in buildings.
15 Dec 2019, 07:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2019, 05:27 AMCODGUY
Ugh USF's mortar isn't an OST mortar. It only kind of works against garrisoned MGs in buildings.

Use the other barrage mate. Coupled with the close range dps rifles got that mg is running to base. Either theirs or yours.
15 Dec 2019, 07:48 AM

Most OP unit in the game is engineers for all factions. It has 100% appearance rate on 4 out of 5 factions. That is why UKF is UP. No engineer as starting unit.

Change my mind.

I really like your flair under yours posts, very nice.
15 Dec 2019, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2019, 00:15 AMKobal

Pak40 is the best at gun in the game starting at vet 1 with its really strong vet 1 ability

It was strong, now it is ok.

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2019, 00:15 AMKobal

HMG42 for OKW would be broken lol

There is a reason, why the FlaK-car was buffed, OKW was lacking in suppression.
15 Dec 2019, 15:23 PM

Why no one mentions here the allmighty kubelwagon?
15 Dec 2019, 17:01 PM

Why no one mentions here the allmighty kubelwagon?

Legend states that if you can get it to vet 5, it transforms into a King Tiger.
15 Dec 2019, 17:03 PM

:hansWUT: Tell me more fairy tales!
15 Dec 2019, 17:08 PM

:hansWUT: Tell me more fairy tales!

Codguy constantly loses games as USF solely because Axis is OP.

Ullumulu is one of the most skilled coh2 players.

All Polish players are the same person with a split personality disorder.
15 Dec 2019, 18:30 PM

Konigskuble
15 Dec 2019, 19:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

All Polish players are the same person with a split personality disorder.

:rofl:

Little secret:

I'm the alter account of Nullist.
PaulAD and Sageofsix were brothers roleplaying.
Hector, PenilBatallion and Sir Winshuehue were just Ami account for venting stress after hours of working on Berlin 1:1 :banana:
15 Dec 2019, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2019, 03:00 AMCODGUY

LOL that noob bitch faction shouldn't even have an MG34.

do you expect people to take you seriously?
16 Dec 2019, 09:36 AM

Most OP unit would probably be the T70. Not really that OP for it's price, but more the timing of the unit combined with its performance. It could probably be toned down and made cheaper to be more like the Luchs.

The problem would be I guess the overlap between the M5 halftrack kraut mower and the cheaper T70. Perphaps the M5 can be adjusted to be more usefull in its default form - perhaps some on the field healing ability which the Soviets lack.
16 Dec 2019, 11:55 AM

Most OP unit would probably be the T70. Not really that OP for it's price, but more the timing of the unit combined with its performance. It could probably be toned down and made cheaper to be more like the Luchs.

The problem would be I guess the overlap between the M3 halftrack craut mower and the cheaper T70. Perphaps the M3 can be adjusted to be more usefull in its default form - perhaps some on the field healing ability which the Soviets lack.

Lol how dare you make a sensible argument about the soviets. Compensating a with a buff elsewhere when a strong unit gets a nerf.
Dont you know they are bat shit op, thats a fact because because the win more then 30% of their matches. soviets dont deserve any buff anywhere.............lol

But on a serious note. Maybe split tech 3 and allow m5 to come earlier. And get the healing bit. The m5 sees little use in 1v1 because it arrives late does not do much without the very expensive aa upgrade.
The halftrack from ost got the treatment the m5 should have gotten. Ost already has more options for healing and reinforcing stock.
16 Dec 2019, 12:58 PM

The problem would be I guess the overlap between the M3 halftrack craut mower and the cheaper T70. Perphaps the M3 can be adjusted to be more usefull in its default form - perhaps some on the field healing ability which the Soviets lack.

+1

But I think you mean the M5, not the M3 of T1?
16 Dec 2019, 13:02 PM

+1

But I think you mean the M5, not the M3 of T1?

Ah yes the M5 it is indeed.
16 Dec 2019, 14:10 PM

Ah yes the M5 it is indeed.

I was also thinking about changing the line-up to fix that, there is an unused unit, the soviet-truck, it could replace the M5 as refresh platform and M5 becomes little more expensive, but spawns as AA platform. Truck can be built in HQ if T3 gets build.

Also the call-in M5 becomes more special, it can still upgrade to Quad, but can also be used as a more armored refresh vehicle.

16 Dec 2019, 21:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 20:46 PMCODGUY
The M36 actually takes work to unlock and actually costs something. The HMG42 is...not that way. It also doesn't get a hard counter until medium tanks hit the field but it's available righr off the bat. Some light vehicles can withstand it but they don't deal much damage to it.

The MG42 gets hard-countered by early units/abilities such as smoke, snipers, almost any kind of indirect fire, or attacks from different angles thanks to its incredibly slow traversal speed. Later on, it's hard-countered by Vet 3 infantry head-on due to their very high DPS, other sources of smoke (REs, for example), and as you said, LVs (or anything bigger).

As for AP countering vehicles; just don't sit in the cone-of-fire. It does a lot of damage, but it's still a low-enough DPS that you can easily react to it.

Also, it's been said many times; if you're having problems with early-game units (like I said, early-game is actually very balanced these days), post a replay.
18 Dec 2019, 23:14 PM

The MG42 gets hard-countered by early units/abilities such as smoke, snipers, almost any kind of indirect fire, or attacks from different angles thanks to its incredibly slow traversal speed. Later on, it's hard-countered by Vet 3 infantry head-on due to their very high DPS, other sources of smoke (REs, for example), and as you said, LVs (or anything bigger).

As for AP countering vehicles; just don't sit in the cone-of-fire. It does a lot of damage, but it's still a low-enough DPS that you can easily react to it.

Also, it's been said many times; if you're having problems with early-game units (like I said, early-game is actually very balanced these days), post a replay.

Smoke does not kill MGs so I wouldn't call that a "hard counter". The only faction that would have an sniper available to it in a timely manner are Soviets.

18 Dec 2019, 23:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2019, 23:14 PMCODGUY
Smoke does not kill MGs so I wouldn't call that a "hard counter". The only faction that would have an sniper available to it in a timely manner are Soviets.

You don't need to kill a unit to hard-counter it; you just need to make it entirely useless. Smoke does exactly that - the MG can't fire at anything, so its DPS and suppression goes to zero. It also allows for other units to destroy it, by simply walking right up to it.

Also, post some replays.
19 Dec 2019, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2019, 23:14 PMCODGUY

Smoke does not kill MGs so I wouldn't call that a "hard counter".

Since when do you have to kill something in this game to win an engagement? You are aware of the retreat function, yes?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight