Login

russian armor

Panzer Authorization

1 Dec 2019, 13:44 PM

Introducing "Panzer Authorization" was an improvement to OKW tech but imo simply not enough, since the timing of some unit is still problematic.

My suggestion is to move "Panzer Authorization" to HQ truck and not to T4.

Now this would work as follows:
"Panzer Authorization" requires 2 truck to be unlock

Hetzer call-in, requiring tech "Panzer Authorization"
Ostwind call-in, requiring tech "Panzer Authorization"

Reason:
Fixes timing issues, increases built variety and help with "problem lost T4 cheaper to go for KT than to replace"

"Panzer Authorization" will stay an unlocked tech even when T4 is lost.

Reason:
There is little reason for OKW to lose access to doctrinal units and weapon upgrades Lmgs/Fg42 when T4 is lost including units like JT/OStwind/Hezter/Tiger, make replacing Truck easier.

Stuka now requires "Panzer Authorization", maybe lower to price to be inline with other rocket units.
Reason:
Bringing rocket artillery inline with similar units.

In order to avoid abuse of T4 as bunker there are number of solution like:
1) Gun becomes a separate upgrade.

2) Gun is available from start but is toned down andcan be upgraded with better munition

Other changes include, manual aim toggle, ability for AA/ground attack (AA maybe as an upgrade with a cost)

A similar change can be made for medics so that replacing a T1 with healing would become cheaper.
1 Dec 2019, 14:27 PM

Way too overcomplicated. Just make panzer authorization a 1 time global upgrade and make Ostwind/Hetzer buildable with just T4 down and CP requirements.
1 Dec 2019, 18:19 PM

Way too overcomplicated. Just make panzer authorization a 1 time global upgrade and make Ostwind/Hetzer buildable with just T4 down and CP requirements.

Yeah this would accomplish the same objectives in a much less convoluted manner.

Way better solution
1 Dec 2019, 19:26 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm also on the boat that T4 cost distribution should be slightly different and allow for JPIV to be built.
1 Dec 2019, 19:36 PM

I'm also on the boat that T4 cost distribution should be slightly different and allow for JPIV to be built.

I’d like the double USF officer model be implemented, where going both med HQ and Mech HQ, then putting the Schwerer HQ down would allow Ostwind/Hetzer/Jagdpanzer without Panzer Authorization.
1 Dec 2019, 21:05 PM

going both med HQ and Mech HQ, then putting the Schwerer HQ down would allow Ostwind/Hetzer/Jagdpanzer without Panzer Authorization.

Compared to now, that'd save you 0 fuel with a Battlegroup start and just 20 fuel with a Mechanized start, but it would cost 200 manpower more, as well as taking a lot of extra time (building SWS, moving to location, setting up). That would be next to useless to implement.
1 Dec 2019, 21:09 PM

Compared to now, that'd save you 0 fuel with a Battlegroup start and just 20 fuel with a Mechanized start, but it would cost 200 manpower more. That would be next to useless to implement.

Except this would be a huge help to players putting down their med HQ after getting a light vehicle from Mech HQ, giving them a more affordable path to a medium vehicle, while still allowing players to do the standard order of mech/med HQ, then Schwerer and panzer authorization.

It’s not meant to be a competition between the two, just a help to people who go both med HQ and mech HQ.
1 Dec 2019, 21:10 PM

Compared to now, that'd save you 0 fuel with a Battlegroup start and just 20 fuel with a Mechanized start, but it would cost 200 manpower more. That would be next to useless to implement.

You do get the utility benefit of having both the BG HQ and Mech HQ though, being able to produce their units and use their bonuses (medics, mechanics, frp).

I'm not one to say OKW needs any more help as a faction but it would theoretically allow for more variety in build strategy coming into the Panzer HQ.
2 Dec 2019, 12:01 PM

That is the whole point, OKW doctrinal tanks should not require T4 to exist to be available.

The is little reason for OKW to lose access to doctrinal units.
2 Dec 2019, 12:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2019, 12:01 PMVipper

That is the whole point, OKW doctrinal tanks should not require T4 to exist to be available.

Consistency is the point(last I've seen, you were a massive supporter of consistency, what changed?).
All 4 other factions require their end tech for it, OKW should not be an exception.
Years of OKW having privileges over other factions are gone.

So don't place schwerer in a spot you might not be able to defend in late game?
You can place trucks on your base sector, Hans does it all the time and he still doesn't have much trouble winning games. You have option to have a free of charge sentry guarding your cut-off, but don't expect literally nothing to happen if you lose it.
2 Dec 2019, 12:59 PM

Consistency is the point(last I've seen, you were a massive supporter of consistency, what changed?).
All 4 other factions require their end tech for it, OKW should not be an exception.
Years of OKW having privileges over other factions are gone.

No they do not, USF can not lose their access to Pershing/Gray hound/M5, Soviet do not lose their access to IS-2/KV-2/IS-152, UKF do no lose access to Croc/Valentine and Ostheer do not lose access to CpzIV/Tiger/STug-E/Elephant.
2 Dec 2019, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2019, 12:01 PMVipper

With just T4 down = Schwerer and CP without panzer authorization.
2 Dec 2019, 13:58 PM

With just T4 down = Schwerer and CP without panzer authorization.

Again that would need to have T4 on map for access to doctrinal vehicles and there is little reason for that.

Not being able to call a JT because T4 is destroyed makes little sense.

Not being able to got T1 and T2 and have access to Ostwind/Hezter does not make much sense either.
2 Dec 2019, 14:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Dec 2019, 13:58 PMVipper

Again that would need to have T4 on map for access to doctrinal vehicles and there is little reason for that.

Not being able to call a JT because T4 is destroyed makes little sense.

Can you please read before you reply? What Jagdtiger? I was talking about just the Ostwind and Hetzer needing T4 to be built and a CP requirement.
2 Dec 2019, 15:50 PM

Can you please read before you reply? What Jagdtiger? I was talking about just the Ostwind and Hetzer needing T4 to be built and a CP requirement.

Can you please read my post before you replying? I have explained the problems with having to have a T4 on map to have access to doctrinal vehicles more than once and that includes Ostwind, hezter, Tiger, JT and ST.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 18
unknown 9

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment