Login

russian armor

What could be done to USF to give them a better early game?

• This thread is locked
29 Nov 2019, 21:30 PM

It's no question USF has the worst starting roster in the game. No MGs, no vehicles, no alternative to Riflemen which still struggle against much cheaper units. It's pretty easy to just own USF with MG spamming on these small 1v1 maps. The doctrines don't help much because what do you have?

Assault Engenieers are only available with one lack luster doctrine and preform pretty poorly themselves so they're not really an option. I thought they were supposed to be like USF Assault Grenadiers but that they are not never the less they sure get to cost the same for some reason.

The pattern of paying more for less continues with Pathfinders. A small, poorly preforming Paratrooper sqaud that apparently are good at spotting and are USF's only cloaking unit but of course they have to cost 290 MP and have a very high reinforcement cost despite their poor combat preformance. This I will never understand.

The best alternative (I say best, not great) is probably Mechanized with WC51s. Of course they are unarmed but they are quick enough to get out of harms way and can often provide a good enough distraction to keep your units from getting steam rolled by the superior firepower available to your opponent at the start of the game. But they aren't all that hard to counter once you get the hang of it.

Now if anyone has successfully used something besides Riflemen early on I'm all ears but there really doesn't seem to be anything there to work with. RET spam I guess was a thing when they were 180 MP but they're pretty terrible.

29 Nov 2019, 21:33 PM
29 Nov 2019, 21:37 PM

29 Nov 2019, 21:52 PM

I'm going to be honest; this probably isn't a balance issue. I'm not sure what your skill level is (player card link is broken?), but most players, especially at a high level, will say that USF's early game is very strong, mostly thanks to Rifles.

If you're having trouble making rifles work, or would like some build variation suggestions, you could try posting some replays for review. I'm probably not the one to look at them, since I mostly stick to 2v2s for competitive (and 4v4 for Flame-Hetzer rushing), but there's a lot of very good players on the forum that can give you some pointers. I've posted a few when I've found myself losing in "easy win" scenarios, and I've gotten some great advice.
29 Nov 2019, 21:55 PM

?
29 Nov 2019, 21:57 PM

29 Nov 2019, 22:14 PM

CODGUY now own 20% OF THE FIRST Balance PAGE THREADS THIS PRETTY MUCH IS SPAMMING/TROLLING
29 Nov 2019, 22:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

upload replay -> ask for review -> improve. That's one way to getting better. Repeatedly going against what everyone else tells you is not.
29 Nov 2019, 22:22 PM

How is USF's opening worse than UKF?

USF since has last patch probably has the best allied early game and is probably pretty close to matching OKW's on the axis side.

You are literally only weaker until the third rifle squad hits the field. (Going 3 rifles into officer has better field presence for longer than going 2 into officer)
29 Nov 2019, 22:33 PM

How is USF's opening worse than UKF?

USF since has last patch probably has the best allied early game and is probably pretty close to matching OKW's on the axis side.

You are literally only weaker until the third rifle squad hits the field. (Going 3 rifles into officer has better field presence for longer than going 2 into officer)

So I don't understand this. How is USF's early game that good? You have just one, predictable, unit you can rely on as a combat unit. RETs don't give you anything but some capping power, mortar is useless unless fighting OST in buildings and I don't even know why they bothered to make the Ambulance T0.
29 Nov 2019, 22:36 PM

I am not going to give any kind of advice to OP simply because he is not able to take any word from anyone in the forums, he just repeats itself over and over, therefore it will be a complete waste of time to help him in the most positive and meaningful way
29 Nov 2019, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2019, 22:33 PMCODGUY
So I don't understand this. How is USF's early game that good? You have just one, predictable, unit you can rely on as a combat unit. RETs don't give you anything but some capping power, mortar is useless unless fighting OST in buildings and I don't even know why they bothered to make the Ambulance T0.

Again, post some replays of how you're using these units. Pretty much anything in the game can be amazing or terrible depending on how it's being utilized.

1. Rifles are predictable, but they're very strong. At close/medium range, they beat pretty much every other unit in the game, short of specialized CQC call-ins or Sturms (but those lose at medium), all while being fairly MP efficient at only 28mp/model. They also have the undisputed best vet of any mainline infantry, so they 'scale' incredibly well. A vet 2 squad early on can be incredibly dominant.

2. REs aren't meant to fight directly; they're support. They repair, cap, can fire smoke with the grenade upgrade and have a suppressing-fire ability. If needed, they CAN fight, but it's not what they're for.

3. The mortar is amazing; not because of HE, but because of smoke. As said in #1, Rifles do really well at medium/close; use smoke to get them to that position, or to push an MG, or in a ton of other use cases. Unless I'm playing against a camping OST player, I probably use smoke more than HE.

4. The T0 Ambulance is, again, amazing. You get a reasonably fast, mobile reinforcement and AoE healing station. Yes, the fuel cost is a bit annoying, but the utility it gives is great. Also, since it means healing doesn't cost muni (like Ost, or early-game OKW), it means you can start using grenades or rifle upgrades earlier/faster.
29 Nov 2019, 22:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2019, 22:33 PMCODGUY

29 Nov 2019, 23:19 PM

29 Nov 2019, 23:19 PM

29 Nov 2019, 23:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2019, 21:30 PMCODGUY

Well, you could pay kimbo to play them for you.
Not sure anything else will help in your case.
29 Nov 2019, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2019, 21:30 PMCODGUY
It's no question USF has the worst starting roster in the game. No MGs, no vehicles, no alternative to Riflemen which still struggle against much cheaper units. It's pretty easy to just own USF with MG spamming on these small 1v1 maps.

Against an MG spammer, spread your squads out, play defensively behind green cover, and tech grenades. Every dead MG is an MG they're not getting back.

Your best friend against HMG spam is the M20.
30 Nov 2019, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2019, 23:24 PMKatitof

Well, you could pay kimbo to play them for you.
Not sure anything else will help in your case.

Giving advice to a troll player to rely on other more hardcore troll players that even got banned seems to be as troll as the before mentioned ones and very unproductive aswell.
30 Nov 2019, 00:17 AM

Giving advice to a troll player to rely on other more hardcore troll players that even got banned seems to be as troll as the before mentioned ones and very unproductive aswell.

Well he could start playing Starcraft II and learn from Kimbo’s streams.
30 Nov 2019, 01:22 AM

Permanently Banned
Just for you codguy, you can make USF better by opening up control panel, click uninstall a program and select Company of Heroes 2. That'll solve all your problems.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★