Login

russian armor

NO BAN system for DROPPERS

16 Nov 2019, 12:51 PM

Recently came across a serial dropper, when i looked at his profile he has been dropping from his last 10+ matches in the first 1 min.

But the real stupidity is in the rule book ladies and gents, when i reported this dropper to the top guy from the modding team who usually does the ban list for cheaters, etc. This is what he told me,

"I know it sucks! But sadly no way to ban him sorry. He would need to write it ingame that he drops on purpose."

wow like that will surely gonna happen from a dropper only if the world was such a better place for droppers confessing their sins.

Main thread:

https://www.coh2.org/replay/102376/for-sturmpanther/page/1#post_id790310
16 Nov 2019, 14:18 PM

There is a system you can implement on your own, it's called get over it and stop being a pu***.
Don't worry, you'll get plenty of other great games.

16 Nov 2019, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2019, 14:18 PMCresc
There is a system you can implement on your own, it's called get over it and stop being a pu***.

I'm using even better system, its called "do NOT play RT for any other reason then to remind yourself why you should NOT play RT".
16 Nov 2019, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2019, 18:43 PMKatitof

I'm using even better system, its called "do NOT play RT for any other reason then to remind yourself why you should NOT play RT".

This is the best one for your sanity. It seems like your odds of getting a good game go down exponentially with the number of players.
16 Nov 2019, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2019, 14:18 PMCresc

While it's frustrating to have a leaver/dropper every now and then, there should absolutely be consequences for someone repeatedly and intentionally dropping. You're affecting up to 7 people per match, so 10 games in a row is up to 70 players having their game disrupted.
16 Nov 2019, 22:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Your best route option is to bait them to use chat.
17 Nov 2019, 07:11 AM

While it's frustrating to have a leaver/dropper every now and then, there should absolutely be consequences for someone repeatedly and intentionally dropping. You're affecting up to 7 people per match, so 10 games in a row is up to 70 players having their game disrupted.

Exactly what I am talking about! There should be consequesnces for their actions.
17 Nov 2019, 07:12 AM

Your best route option is to bait them to use chat.

Like i mentioned earlier, that guy is not from a English speaking/writing background so I dont think it is even possible to get a conservation going.
17 Nov 2019, 07:33 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

The problem is, he just could have bad internet connection or bad PC.
Or starting game and then he has something to do in RL.

I know about this problem, when you search and play as random. But shit happens. Relic can't ban a person for that.
If you face him 2 in a row, maybe swich faction and play against him? then you get some elo back xD
17 Nov 2019, 10:20 AM

Man, I've been playing this game since 2006 when coh 1 just launched, whenever someone starts whining about droppers and matchmaking in coh 2 I know it's a simpleton who is used to the modern "MOBA" netplay where you just click and play asap, but people whine even more and are also used to have the luxury of denouncing people to admins(sometimes even getting somebody punished under false claims).

You know how netplay was back then? You had to queue in or dig for a long time before playing, people could even judge you because you played on low settings as your rig performance was displayed for the sake of knowing who was likely to drop, and even then drops occured.

Now you have randomly selected players based on their ELO ranking(whenever possible) and faster match making, still with the option of inviting your friends, you can hop in, click search and play in just 1 minute, and you still complain?

I can never understand why some people go nuts and heat up their nerves for some random dude they will probably not see again in their game.

Tldr: Get over it, keep playing and have fun.
17 Nov 2019, 12:50 PM

The problem is, he just could have bad internet connection or bad PC.
Or starting game and then he has something to do in RL.

I know about this problem, when you search and play as random. But shit happens. Relic can't ban a person for that.
If you face him 2 in a row, maybe swich faction and play against him? then you get some elo back xD

Yea I understand that sometimes shit internet connection could be an issue, but I showed you the screenshots, he dropped for the last 10+ games in the first 10mins. That just says he is doing it as a bad sport.

Take Rainbow Six seige for example, if someone drops out of their Ranked games, they get a temp ban (like 30mins to 1hr), that small ban system is enough to piss them off and keep these droppers aware of the consequences. COh2 should have something similar.
17 Nov 2019, 12:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2019, 10:20 AMCresc

Man, I've been playing this game since 2006 when coh 1 just launched, whenever someone starts whining about droppers and matchmaking in coh 2 I know it's a simpleton who is used to the modern "MOBA" netplay where you just click and play asap, but people whine even more and are also used to have the luxury of denouncing people to admins(sometimes even getting somebody punished under false claims).

You know how netplay was back then? You had to queue in or dig for a long time before playing, people could even judge you because you played on low settings as your rig performance was displayed for the sake of knowing who was likely to drop, and even then drops occured.

Now you have randomly selected players based on their ELO ranking(whenever possible) and faster match making, still with the option of inviting your friends, you can hop in, click search and play in just 1 minute, and you still complain?

I can never understand why some people go nuts and heat up their nerves for some random dude they will probably not see again in their game.

I reckon we learn from the past and make the future of coh2 better rather it is now. Rather than saying how shit it used to be and taking the current state as granted for what it was before.
17 Nov 2019, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2019, 12:53 PMVIGNASH

I reckon we learn from the past and make the future of coh2 better rather it is now. Rather than saying how shit it used to be and taking the current state as granted for what it was before.

In this case you don't need to insist when you have already been told that nothing can be done, this is how it has been so far, and everybody pretty much knows that it's not going to change any time soon, so you're better off... just forgetting it?
17 Nov 2019, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Nov 2019, 10:20 AMCresc

Yea, I also played CoH1 back in 2006. I've got my old box somewhere with the 6 CDs and everything. I'm well aware of how MP worked - and if you repeatedly left (or DC'd) matches back then, you'd just get kicked from future lobbies when you joined. The same thing would happen in even older games, like Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, etc. Joining games, only to ruin them by leaving a few minutes in (either intentionally or not) wasted everyone's time, and gave that person a bad reputation.

Yes, I will complain. Wasting 5 minutes is wasting 5 minutes. I can understand if someone crashes, or needs to leave once; but this is about OPs problem where a person is leaving 10 games in a row. Even if it's not intentional (it almost certainly is, in hopes of lowering their ELO), it's still incredibly inconsiderate.

Even comparatively, other games with skill-based match making almost always have "leaver penalties" to prevent this exact thing. It's usually no penalty for the first leave (in a period of time), and then increasingly long periods of match-making bans (10 minutes, 30 minutes, hours, etc.). That's all I'm asking for.
17 Nov 2019, 20:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yea, I also played CoH1 back in 2006. I've got my old box somewhere with the 6 CDs and everything. I'm well aware of how MP worked - and if you repeatedly left (or DC'd) matches back then, you'd just get kicked from future lobbies when you joined. The same thing would happen in even older games, like Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology, etc. Joining games, only to ruin them by leaving a few minutes in (either intentionally or not) wasted everyone's time, and gave that person a bad reputation.

Yes, I will complain. Wasting 5 minutes is wasting 5 minutes. I can understand if someone crashes, or needs to leave once; but this is about OPs problem where a person is leaving 10 games in a row. Even if it's not intentional (it almost certainly is, in hopes of lowering their ELO), it's still incredibly inconsiderate.

Even comparatively, other games with skill-based match making almost always have "leaver penalties" to prevent this exact thing. It's usually no penalty for the first leave (in a period of time), and then increasingly long periods of match-making bans (10 minutes, 30 minutes, hours, etc.). That's all I'm asking for.

Remember to make a thread whenever CoH3 is announced.
17 Nov 2019, 21:27 PM

Permanently Banned
I have the same issues as well, particularly with those dropping at the start, those that remain idle for the entire coop match, and those who troll and harass me. If Relic is done with COH2, is it possible for the community to make it so you no longer match up with player in coop mission if you block them on steam?
7 Jun 2021, 05:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Nov 2019, 12:51 PMVIGNASH
Recently came across a serial dropper, when i looked at his profile he has been dropping from his last 10+ matches in the first 1 min.

But the real stupidity is in the rule book ladies and gents, when i reported this dropper to the top guy from the modding team who usually does the ban list for cheaters, etc. This is what he told me,

"I know it sucks! But sadly no way to ban him sorry. He would need to write it ingame that he drops on purpose."

wow like that will surely gonna happen from a dropper only if the world was such a better place for droppers confessing their sins.

Main thread:

https://www.coh2.org/replay/102376/for-sturmpanther/page/1#post_id790310

https://www.coh2.org/replay/108611/automatch-2v2pvp-having-a-i-against-2-opponent-victory check this replay out...EARLY DROPPER...But the active player won though. Seriously relic needs to implement rules for EARLY droppers..Because ranks get lost quickly like this without logical reason
7 Jun 2021, 06:05 AM

when i was diy a new pc and testing its overclock, i faced constant bug splat. i guess those are registered as droppers?

yes it is not fair to ban such cases.
7 Jun 2021, 23:49 PM

https://www.coh2.org/replay/108611/automatch-2v2pvp-having-a-i-against-2-opponent-victory check this replay out...EARLY DROPPER...But the active player won though. Seriously relic needs to implement rules for EARLY droppers..Because ranks get lost quickly like this without logical reason

Sure, right after they eliminate bug splats, disconnects, and drop hacking........
8 Jun 2021, 00:56 AM

First, necro

Second, ranks don't mean really mean shit. Not enough to punish people anyway. Some people are assholes with anger issues but there are legitimate reasons to bail too.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★