Login

russian armor

CoH2 Patch News!

PAGES (12)down
6 Nov 2013, 22:45 PM

I think the Irregulars ARE the partisans, Ive seen them described like that somewhere.

Also ive completed the 200 enemy units Tiger Ace challenge, I think I set up a 4v4 comp stomp with either easy or medium difficulty, held half of the map until I had a Tiger, then just pull everything back to your base and let the Tiger roam around killing everything. Something like that anyway.
bC_
3 of 3 Relic postsRelic 6 Nov 2013, 22:48 PM
Developer Relic Badge

You guys will just have to tune in for the november 12th stream =)
6 Nov 2013, 22:55 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2013, 22:48 PMbC_

Nah, we pretty much have it figured out by ourselves :lol:
6 Nov 2013, 22:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2013, 22:48 PMbC_

I guess we're all busy playing the game November 12th so a little information prior to the patch please? :thumbsup:
6 Nov 2013, 23:00 PM

I think the Irregulars ARE the partisans, Ive seen them described like that somewhere.

Also ive completed the 200 enemy units Tiger Ace challenge, I think I set up a 4v4 comp stomp with either easy or medium difficulty, held half of the map until I had a Tiger, then just pull everything back to your base and let the Tiger roam around killing everything. Something like that anyway.

You're right about the Partisans, the word Irregulars describes the Partisans LMG,AT Partisans etc. anyways the bulletin icon is the same if you look at achievementstats.com.

You mean you've completed the King Tiger challenge, where you have to kill 50 units with a single Tiger? I'm not saying that 200 is impossible, I'm just speculating from that bulletin that we're getting a new unit (commander) ;)
6 Nov 2013, 23:03 PM

Ahhh sorry my bad! yeah ive completed the king tiger challenge LOL.

Check the start of the stream, as they were loading up for the 4v4, one of the soviet players (Caeltos) started flicking his team from german to soviet really quickly, if you pause it when he was on german, he has a Tiger bulletin with 3 gold stars on it.

I pressume thats the one your talking about. Dont know if that means its a new unit though.

We will find out :)

6 Nov 2013, 23:14 PM

Ahhh sorry my bad! yeah ive completed the king tiger challenge LOL.

Check the start of the stream, as they were loading up for the 4v4, one of the soviet players (Caeltos) started flicking his team from german to soviet really quickly, if you pause it when he was on german, he has a Tiger bulletin with 3 gold stars on it.

I pressume thats the one your talking about. Dont know if that means its a new unit though.

We will find out :)

Ja I know :) Someone even snapped a Print Screen of it. It's called Elite troops commander or something and it includes a Tiger Ace (similar as in CoH probably), a wild Tiger anyways :D
Hux
6 Nov 2013, 23:24 PM
Patrion 14

Agreed, especially now that we got 16 or so of them to choose from. More commander options will only make room for more creativity and unpredictability imo.

Disagree, All I see is a lot of commanders lacking in creativity and being released unpredictably.

I think it would have been nice to see 5 well designed commanders for each side total. Putting more of them in to make up for the fact that there are only two factions now is silly.

I'm not adverse to another 2 factions being added to this game. I would welcome it, if they were well thought out and worked. But using commanders as a way to keep the game fresh is not a sustainable method. it's shallow and counter productive.

I understand that people gotta make money, but hey - why not make games worth paying for because of what there core offers, rather than what you can tack on later at £1.50 a pop. Just saying.

Here's to a smaller number of well thought out, commanders

6 Nov 2013, 23:32 PM

I think the reason why relic made strategies so much dependent on commanders is to subsitute for having only two factions.

Anyway, i think the best solution is to just make a ton of free commanders with abilities mixed and matched( it breaks my heart when units like t34/85, 120mm, etc... are only available on two commanders). Of course they have to be balanced. And maybe you should be able to pick five commanders rather than three.

That might be, but then I dont understand why they didnt simply add some abilities to the core factions, so that they would feel more complete. There is a lot of other units and abilities that could be added. Splitting basic core abilities from vCOH between several commanders just strikes me as another way of making the original look better.
7 Nov 2013, 01:18 AM

Again, we don't know if those notes are real. Or if they are making it in their entirety into the live patch.... But:

Oorah added to penal troops :o :D (at vet 2) finally they can be a suicide squad!
7 Nov 2013, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2013, 23:24 PMHux

Disagree, All I see is a lot of commanders lacking in creativity and being released unpredictably.

I think it would have been nice to see 5 well designed commanders for each side total. Putting more of them in to make up for the fact that there are only two factions now is silly.

I'm not adverse to another 2 factions being added to this game. I would welcome it, if they were well thought out and worked. But using commanders as a way to keep the game fresh is not a sustainable method. it's shallow and counter productive.

I understand that people gotta make money, but hey - why not make games worth paying for because of what there core offers, rather than what you can tack on later at £1.50 a pop. Just saying.

Here's to a smaller number of well thought out, commanders

I was referring to pigsoup`s post that we now could as well have the option to bring in five different commanders in-game instead of three as today, not the number of the commander pool in total. In that case i would rather have fewer commanders with more abilities per each commander.
7 Nov 2013, 13:14 PM

Permanently Banned

Oorah added to penal troops :o :D (at vet 2) finally they can be a suicide squad!

Well, yes, in terms of charging to throw a Satchel. But pragmatically Cons charging with Mollies has the same effect of forcing the unit to move.

Oorahs really should be used primarily as a way to delpoy to and around the field faster. You take less dmg when Oorahing into Molotov/Satchel range, but you sre also doing less Rifle DPS in the progress due to Oorah cancelling firing, so the advantage sort of cancels itself out, with the net benefit that you force the unit to move.

I dread the prospect of Oorah flanking Penals throwing a Satchel on a setup team though.
But I suppose thats a fair offset to the Penals instead having done G43 lvl dps from cover.

All in all, I think its good. Especially since its a Vet ability, and helps scale, rsther than affecting early game.
7 Nov 2013, 15:26 PM

then why do they stil have long range weapons
7 Nov 2013, 15:30 PM

Permanently Banned
then why do they stil have long range weapons

Cos otherwise they would have to charge LMGs and setup positions, and die like flies on the approach.

Unfortunately, Penals dont directly represent the historical unit of that name.

Better and more accurate to think of them as a AI MP half-step unit that sits between Cons and Shocks on Sov, and between Grens and PGrens on Ost, asymmetrically.
7 Nov 2013, 18:41 PM

Premium Content.

ToW:
Co-Op Scenario: Kalach Pincer
Solo Challenge: Tatsinskaya Raid
Solo Challenge: Bridge Defense
AI Battle: Winter Storm
AI Battle: Stalingrad Resistance
Co-Op AI Battle: Stalingrad Encirclement

Commanders:
Partisan Tactics
Soviet Industry Tactics
Elite Troops Doctrine
Luftwaffe Supply Doctrine

Skins:
Makeshift Sand Southern Front
Two Tone Spring Front
Two Tone Don Front

Source and details: http://www.companyofheroes.com/en_us/turning-point

About commanders:
Spy Network/Troop Training easily can be op or underpowered.
Tyger Ace looks terrible due to "Only one is available, and once deployed all resource income will be stopped". Either too strong itself or simply cost nothing, otherwise I am don't see any reason to stop income.
Soviet Industry Tactics overall seem's really strong in 4vs4. KV-2 is artillery tank, repair stations can support any ally (and you have crew repair if you do not want pay with manpower or fuel - cost of RS is unknown) and it's even have KV-8 (as ultimate close range AI). Industry look's like double edged sword in 1vs1, but in 2vs2 and higher you wouldn'n care about lower MP income and than that ability looks really awesome.
7 Nov 2013, 18:52 PM

those commanders look very interesting. Does anyone know how strong partisans are? and the partisan tanks hunters? what weapons they have?
7 Nov 2013, 19:05 PM

what weapons they have?

PTRS or shrecks (according to stats site). Although I think that relic changed stats for mp and, perhaps, weapon too.
7 Nov 2013, 19:25 PM

Tiger Ace
High command sends in the remaining available support in the form of a legendary Tiger ace. Only one is available, and once deployed all resource income will be stopped.

I hope this tank is immune to "RAM" other wise what is the point. We don't know the cost or abilities but either way you can destroy it with the help of T34(RAM), AT Nades and ZIS.

What is with the "all resource income stopped"... how will you reinforce infantry unless he can cap territories too.

I guess we will find out next tuesday.
7 Nov 2013, 19:31 PM

I want to buy elite troops and Soviet industry.

The tiger Ace thing is bizarre. The description makes it look like an all or nothing move.

And how good will this 'Tiger Ace' be? Will it have special abilities or would it just be a buffed tiger?
7 Nov 2013, 19:37 PM

PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 37
Germany 741
Netherlands 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L