Login

russian armor

CoH2 Patch News!

PAGES (12)down
5 Nov 2013, 15:51 PM

pgrens with G43 upgrade for 10 muni hmmmm....weird.

I think it's because the dps isn't all that different. It just shifts them to a long range unit rather then a short range unit. More of a sideways move rather then an upgrade.
5 Nov 2013, 16:52 PM

I guess all we can do is wait to see what relic officially has for us next week.
5 Nov 2013, 16:56 PM

Well the official news post doesn't mention anything about balance changes/updates so I'm not getting my hopes up.
5 Nov 2013, 17:00 PM

I don´t think that buffing the T-34/85s penetration is a good thing. Why should it be able to go through the Panthers armor even easier? That´s bullshit. The cost decrease and reload decrease would be enough imo.

Nice to see that the Tiger and IS-2 get 60 (they do have 50 atm, right?) range on vet two, although the Panther could also need it. At least those stupid Su-85s can´t outrange vetted Tigers any longer.

The flexibility to Russian early gameplay is very welcome as they became very boring over time.
5 Nov 2013, 17:33 PM

as sick as it is to say i honestly think the p4 could use an armor buff.

but blitzkrieg needs to be dealt with (unusable with damaged engine)
5 Nov 2013, 17:50 PM

The T-34/85 penetration buff (if it is really 110 to 120) is facing a panzer IV that has 160 frontal armor. The Panther has 112.5 side armor and will be penned.

This is great news to me as finally those Panthers can be penetrated through the sides. Before the T-34/85 was an overpriced lame duck of a purchase.

The price cut, ROF increase, spread increase, and pen buff makes the T-34/85 more similar to the Panzer IV.
2 of 3 Relic postsRelic 5 Nov 2013, 18:18 PM

There will be balance changes.

Those aren't the patch notes since I haven't written them yet.

Maybe someone took stuff from the beta, I haven't had a chance to compare. It could be someone just made them up. If it did come from the beta that's super shitty. It makes it harder and less likely for us to do betas in the future if we keep having people break their word and leak things.

Again it may not be. I haven't had a chance to look. Making things up is also not awesome.

We'll have the real patch notes out next week.
5 Nov 2013, 18:34 PM

Thank you for the clarification Noun, much appreciated! Also awesome to hear that there will be balance changes in this patch (at least I think that is what you were meaning?). Definitely looking forward to seeing the real patch notes next week.

On a side note, for what it is worth, I think you guys should continue onward with the balance beta. I personally think that it has gone a long way in helping you guys properly balance the game.
5 Nov 2013, 18:34 PM
Patrion 14

cool thank you
5 Nov 2013, 18:35 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2013, 18:18 PMNoun
There will be balance changes.

[...]

We'll have the real patch notes out next week.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeee! :banana:
5 Nov 2013, 18:41 PM

Isn't there supposed to be a stream today? Any idea what time?
5 Nov 2013, 18:42 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

So Noun just writes some random patchnotes every time? :P
5 Nov 2013, 18:46 PM

Trolled like a boss.
5 Nov 2013, 19:02 PM

Permanently Banned
Troll or not, the leaked notes wherent bad, imo.

Quite Sov strong, but that can be accounted for later.

Not a bad framework, even if entirely false.
5 Nov 2013, 19:08 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2013, 18:18 PMNoun
Maybe someone took stuff from the beta, I haven't had a chance to compare. It could be someone just made them up. If it did come from the beta that's super shitty. It makes it harder and less likely for us to do betas in the future if we keep having people break their word and leak things.

Again it may not be.............

But if it is a breach,you have to apply sanctions, pour encourager les autres.Otherwise the sanctions are those of a paper tiger, in which case it is better not to make threats about sanctions at all, because all credibility goes down the drain.

I do not see why future betas for the good of the community should be hazarded in this way.Those who choose to flaunt the rules, have to tske responsibility and learn that there are consequences.
5 Nov 2013, 19:36 PM

Basically it's a, "Neither confirm nor deny," kind of response.

Which doesn't say these are beta notes, but let's be frank, it sounds like these are real beta notes and Relic should rightfully be pissed about the leak, even if they can't say anything.

So I have to keep saying, do not get your hopes up too much about all these changes making it in. Beta test servers are there to test even the smallest or craziest ideas, many of which don't make it into the game.

That said, even if only half these changes make it in, it shows that Relic knows about, and are looking to address issues raised by the community, even if it takes some time to do so. Sadly, due to the nature of these fan communities, talking about potential changes causes more problems than it helps, which is why they keep things secret.
5 Nov 2013, 19:42 PM

I personally can't tell if the 'leaked' patch notes are real outside of one red flag.

The 2 new commanders in the 'leaked' thing are called 'Advanced warfare' and 'Air supremacy' which is bizarre to say the least. They are also not featured in the promotional webpage on relic's site.

An 'Air supremacy' commander? Huh?

That being said, 50 range on V2 Is-2 and Tiger I is awesome......
5 Nov 2013, 21:17 PM

http://www.twitch.tv/relicentertainment#/w/7402256512

Twitch stream live. As of this post, they just started a 4v4 match to show off some new stuff.

This includes... DEFENSIVE COMMANDERS! So you guys wanting defenses can calm down. It's basically trenches, the Dshk heavy MG, and tank traps for both defensive commanders on either side.

Well, looks like the Public Chat is what I thought would be implemented instead of lobbies.

A larger chat that doesn't take people out of the larger pool to just sit in rooms. Uses steam groups, and you can invite people directly from the chat list without being friends. Friends are automatically sorted to the top of the user list.
5 Nov 2013, 21:28 PM

Soviet (FREE) defensive commander gets:

Anti infantry mine - 2 CP - cheaper, does nothing to vehicles

DHSK heavy MG - 1 CP - slightly heavier than the .50cal, I think. In weapon team form.

Tank traps - 2 CP - it's tank traps

45mm AT gun - 3 CP - same as the urban defense commander

120mm mortar - 2 CP - yep, it's that one.

The inclusion of the 45mm AT gun is nice to see, since for a long time now I thought they needed to put some of the paid DLC commander abilities into free ones to get people used to them. And these won't be as ridiculous without the FHQ bonus.
5 Nov 2013, 21:33 PM

How about the German defensive commander? Thanks!!!
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 38
Germany 706
Netherlands 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %