Login

russian armor

CoH2 Patch News!

PAGES (12)down
12 Nov 2013, 11:28 AM

so when is it comming out? i steam doesnt download the patch
12 Nov 2013, 11:31 AM

Permanently Banned
I tried to tell people that it was extremely unlikely that building times would be reduced ontop of the reduction
Which is afforded by the soviet industry doctrine.

Very true, and something that struck me too on the way home today.

Not sure if the Commander cockblocked the change, but seems feasible.

Overall as to the T0-T1 faction cost/buildtime split, as Ive tried ro explain at length, it works, except for Penals.
Indirectly, due to very early game timings, income rate and costs, its the Penals that get squeezed our of their role and timing.

Imo this is a result of the artifical split in these tiers, where Ost has to have a cheaper T1, because it can only build Pios from T0.

CEs have early field access, which the Pios take back during BP1. After T0-T1, faction costs are the largely the same, with Ost having the BP advantage for onfield time, but the detriment of forced cost for a tier you dont even buikd the structure for, whereas Sov loses onfield time, but can allocate tier cost directly into a building especially when skipping.

Hopefully this is something Relic will find a creative solution to. Leaked notes indicated they have been experimenting with breaking the golden cost/buildtime ratio. Seems the preferrable way to make an exception in that, since cost-wise, Penals are themselves about where they should be.

Also, everyone get ready for Flamers on all Pios/CE. Ive already been experimenting with this.
And Flamer efficacy definately needed a boost vs buikdings. The current trick, is you need to get xloser that max range, to make use of the template. Unfortunately, its still practicaloy impossible to bring a Flamer Pio up to a Maxim building. The internal setup time is so fast, youll get pinned before you have effect.

The flamer change, however, favors Sov, because of the nature of Ost infantry smaller units relying on armor, which flame bypasses. Notably CEs cost more (whixh Ive never understood), which atleast slightly economically answers for this. But in terms of battlefield effectiveness, Sov benefits more from this. Flamers are currently universal stat and cost wise, but I anticipate Ost Flamer may need a wider template, with less DPS, to retain equity, asymmetrically.
12 Nov 2013, 15:01 PM

I would love to see a general antitank gun buff (particularly the Zis) but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be incoming.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS