Login

russian armor

CoH2 Patch News!

PAGES (12)down
6 Nov 2013, 16:53 PM
Donator 22

Maybe not hard reset as some people spent ages laddering lol but an option to reset if you want would be good, or have global stats and stats from last patch or w/e
6 Nov 2013, 17:01 PM

Personally I prefer them this way. Tank traps were very potent in Vcoh and heavily favored german players. It wasnt odd to see them trap out an entire side and then put a 88 flak or a tiger on the other denying the americans only advantage of mobility

I understand how someone would preffer this solution if they dont like defensive abilities, tanktraps in particulair, and therefore want as little of them as ossible. Regardless, this aproach limits the tactical diversity and forces you down some paths if you want to use basic COH abilities, like tanktraps or FHQ.

I, for one, enjoied the diversety end width in the vCOH factions, and am sad to see this limited as much. It will make the games more predictable, and make defensive tactics much less viable then in vCOH. I understand that a lot of people here want defensive tactics to be as unatractive as possible, but for those who enjoyes the diversity and variety basic core defenses brought its a step down.
6 Nov 2013, 17:20 PM

CoH2 is actually more unpredictable tactically as your strategy is more dependent on the commanders that you have chosen. If you were given so much flexibility within the vanilla faction people could essentially opt to not utilize commanders and thus would be opting out of a key gameplay element. It simply makes more sense within the context of CoH2 to make abilities and units that sit near the extremes of the tactical spectrum (much more defensive or much more assault oriented) exclusive to certain commanders.
6 Nov 2013, 17:27 PM
Patrion 14

i saw the stream and one question!?

did you see the CP? i mean 18 CP for use an ability, example: 10CP for kv-8 and 18CP (not sure cuz i dont remember) for the KV-2?

maybe this is for preventing the fast tech for heavy tanks in mid-late game?

As Omega said, this is a new test for pacing. If you noticed, he got CPs VERY fast as well. A 18CP ability was to be equal a 6 CP one in timing. I presume they want to solve some of the gaps between 0 and 1 CP abilities. Assaultgrens, osttruppen etc comes to mind with something that is really potent at current 0 CP but could be argued weak for its price at 1 CP.
6 Nov 2013, 17:50 PM

That wasn't hull down, it was the KV-2 assault mode. Looks like it becomes immobile, but fires like a mortar... A VERY powerful mortar.

Oh sweet. I was talking about the KV-2 last week, and wondering how it could vary from the IS-2.. seen as it was never going to be heavy AT. I suggested it might have an ability similar to the AVRE Churchil.. looks like a good guess :)
6 Nov 2013, 18:47 PM
Benefactor 360

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2013, 10:09 AMTurtle
Not directly, it was a teammate's units.

Just so we're all clear, there's 6 new commanders being released on Nov 12. Currently we know 2 are completely free, which come from ToW with modifications. Then, 2 commanders require players to enter their email address to get, these are the defensive commander (I think).

Finally, there are the 2 leftover that seem like paid DLC commanders, the German Air Superiority and Soviet Advanced Warfare.

As seen on the stream there is a lot more commanders in the beta than just those being released November 12th.
What exactly makes you think there will be 2 additional commanders released as paid DLC? 2 commanders that we have heard nothing of from Relic?

Hopefully you can clear up my confusion since you claim it to be "clear".
6 Nov 2013, 19:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2013, 17:20 PMWilliG
CoH2 is actually more unpredictable tactically as your strategy is more dependent on the commanders that you have chosen. If you were given so much flexibility within the vanilla faction people could essentially opt to not utilize commanders and thus would be opting out of a key gameplay element. It simply makes more sense within the context of CoH2 to make abilities and units that sit near the extremes of the tactical spectrum (much more defensive or much more assault oriented) exclusive to certain commanders.

Sorry, I didnt quite understand this. The game is more unpredictable because you are given fewer core abilities, and have to unlock certain basic features through commanders, locking you in a certain direction?

The fact that many of these abilities were part of the faction gave you more options, thus more flexibility and less predictable strategies. Pherhaps more important, it opened up more room for changing strategies as the game progressed.

6 Nov 2013, 20:05 PM
Patrion 14

Sorry, I didnt quite understand this. The game is more unpredictable because you are given fewer core abilities, and have to unlock certain basic features through commanders, locking you in a certain direction?

The fact that many of these abilities were part of the faction gave you more options, thus more flexibility and less predictable strategies. Pherhaps more important, it opened up more room for changing strategies as the game progressed.

I think the reason why relic made strategies so much dependent on commanders is to subsitute for having only two factions.

Anyway, i think the best solution is to just make a ton of free commanders with abilities mixed and matched( it breaks my heart when units like t34/85, 120mm, etc... are only available on two commanders). Of course they have to be balanced. And maybe you should be able to pick five commanders rather than three.
6 Nov 2013, 20:37 PM

And maybe you should be able to pick five commanders rather than three.

Agreed, especially now that we got 16 or so of them to choose from. More commander options will only make room for more creativity and unpredictability imo.
6 Nov 2013, 20:44 PM
Benefactor 360

Agreed, especially now that we got 16 or so of them to choose from. More commander options will only make room for more creativity and unpredictability imo.

Which is why it shouldn't have been commanders in the first place. <444>_<444>
6 Nov 2013, 20:50 PM

I just realized there are added achievements on Steam. If you scroll all the way down, you can see they are probably bulletins for new units. For example: KV-2 Heavy Assault Tank -
Get 100 kills using a KV2. (Seems like the names of these bulletins aren`t finished yet as they are just names of the units.)
6 Nov 2013, 21:18 PM

Kinda sceptical about the Commissar squad. The last time a commander was introduced with auras for troops was with the British in CoH1. We all know how this ended - huge blobs.

Now Commissar squads with stackable auras + blob + Molotov + Uraah + crappy MG42s = lol ??? Better not.
6 Nov 2013, 21:44 PM

Yeah thats a kinda scary thought. Hopefully wont work out like that.

6 Nov 2013, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2013, 18:47 PMJStorm

As seen on the stream there is a lot more commanders in the beta than just those being released November 12th.
What exactly makes you think there will be 2 additional commanders released as paid DLC? 2 commanders that we have heard nothing of from Relic?

Hopefully you can clear up my confusion since you claim it to be "clear".

Simple, I counted what's been announced.

They announced and showed the two Defensive Commanders.

They announced that two commanders from ToW are coming to multiplayer.

Then, they showed a tiny bit of Soviet Advanced Warfare, and German Air Superiority.

Thus, at least 6 new commanders.
6 Nov 2013, 22:04 PM

Kinda sceptical about the Commissar squad. The last time a commander was introduced with auras for troops was with the British in CoH1. We all know how this ended - huge blobs.

Now Commissar squads with stackable auras + blob + Molotov + Uraah + crappy MG42s = lol ??? Better not.

If the commissar in the commissar squad is killed, every unit under its influence immediately retreats.

Is that a big enough negative for you? ;)
6 Nov 2013, 22:08 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2013, 22:04 PMTurtle

If the commissar in the commissar squad is killed, every unit under its influence immediately retreats.

Is that a big enough negative for you? ;)

Not really, since its not hard to hide out of sight or in building and its not like a wall of buffed infantry screening it is easy to get through.
6 Nov 2013, 22:12 PM

I just realized there are added achievements on Steam. If you scroll all the way down, you can see they are probably bulletins for new units. For example: KV-2 Heavy Assault Tank -
Get 100 kills using a KV2. (Seems like the names of these bulletins aren`t finished yet as they are just names of the units.)

"Kill 200 units with a single Tiger Ace" woah :D

So I guess we're also getting Elite troops commander, not free most likely :)
6 Nov 2013, 22:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2013, 21:56 PMTurtle

Simple, I counted what's been announced.

They announced and showed the two Defensive Commanders.

They announced that two commanders from ToW are coming to multiplayer.

Then, they showed a tiny bit of Soviet Advanced Warfare, and German Air Superiority.

Thus, at least 6 new commanders.

Just because they showed a bit of Soviet Advanced Warfare and Ger Air Superiority.. does not mean they are out this patch. Brad said in the stream dont take everything in the BETA SERVER at face value. Some of it will be added, some not.

They said 4 new commanders, so thats the 2 from ToW and the two defensive ones.

My guess is that those other two will be paid DLC. (in a later patch).. but we will find out next week.

Mega props to Relic for everything in this patch being free though :D

The Sov officer comes in the ''No retreat'' commander, so that at least gives a blob a weakness... get good arty on it, should take good damage.

Or better yet, use Strafe, if they cant retreat.. they will just be stuck suppressed, so strafe and mortars, or whatever.

Mass retreat when officer dies... not surer about that, all it means is they run back to base to get a new officer lol.

6 Nov 2013, 22:22 PM

Not really, since its not hard to hide out of sight or in building and its not like a wall of buffed infantry screening it is easy to get through.

It's still infantry.

Commissars will still cost resources.

We don't know the bonuses, and how they stack.

We don't know the buff range.

Still plenty of weapons that can get past it and kill the officer.

etc.

etc.

Also, guys. Those achievements are for the singleplayer and ToW mode. The Tiger ace is part of case blue.
6 Nov 2013, 22:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Nov 2013, 22:22 PMTurtle

It's still infantry.

Commissars will still cost resources.

We don't know the bonuses, and how they stack.

We don't know the buff range.

Still plenty of weapons that can get past it and kill the officer.

etc.

etc.

Also, guys. Those achievements are for the singleplayer and ToW mode. The Tiger ace is part of case blue.

Not sure, why would it say then with a SINGLE Tiger Ace? In ToW mission all you have is one Tiger, plus I don't know if there even are 200 enemy units, since there isn't so much infantry (played on general). And what unit are Soviet Irregulars? And I don't mean Partisans.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS