Can't rewind, let me try to remember.

German Defensive commander gets:
Tank Traps
Trenches
Sector Arty
PaK43
Hull Down
5 Nov 2013, 21:51 PM

Leaks always happen and will always happen.

No way around it really. In the end only a small audience really reads the leaks. So long as you track down leakers and apply appropriate penalties they will be discouraged enough for the leaks to really hit mainstream acceptability.

As a player I take anything unofficial with a grain of salt.

Bottom line, leaks at this late stage really are not that bad for the game and the benefit of getting things play tested outweighs any downside to a leak.

Just my opinion.
5 Nov 2013, 21:54 PM

German Air Superiority Commander seem to have some kind of giant carpet bomb.
5 Nov 2013, 22:08 PM

Thanks..I'm sure everybody is curious as to what the 2 other commanders are as well (air supremacy, advanced warfare).
5 Nov 2013, 22:17 PM

So far, they've only mentioned that the two defensive commanders are free. With the way they specifically say free in response to those commanders, Air Superiority and Advanced Warfare are probably paid DLC.

But there are two commanders previously limited to ToW that are now usable in MP, so that's 4 new free commanders, and 2 paid.

Also looks like if you mouse over a unit, it displays the player name that controls it.

Edit 1: Just confirmed in beta via stream, engine damage will cancel Blitz.
5 Nov 2013, 22:35 PM

Finally old Britt players got their toys :)
Anything on new units/veterancy?
5 Nov 2013, 23:03 PM

He is using a soviet commander with what appears to be a woman's (or boyish?) face.

It has 3 things that I can see: KV-2, vehicle self repair, KV-8. The other two , I don't know.
5 Nov 2013, 23:05 PM

There's a new common unit, looked like Partisans.

KV-2 confirmed, he's using a commander with it right now, but it's just a test commander, lots of placeholders.

Buildings speeds in the beta stream are definitely changed, however, in the test server it was set to an extreme value, so they are testing it.

Some kind of repair station also confirmed just now.

edit: Oh heck, that looks like the commander has a Repair Station (6 engineers spawned around it), and Hull down for soviet tanks! And as above, it also has the KV-8, vehicle self repair, and the KV-2.
5 Nov 2013, 23:28 PM

He is using a soviet commander with what appears to be a woman's (or boyish?) face.

It has 3 things that I can see: KV-2, vehicle self repair, KV-8. The other two , I don't know.

it was:
increased production(fast building buildings and tanks), buildable repair station, self-repair, KV-8, and KV-2.
5 Nov 2013, 23:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Nov 2013, 23:05 PMTurtle
There's a new common unit, looked like Partisans.

KV-2 confirmed, he's using a commander with it right now, but it's just a test commander, lots of placeholders.

Buildings speeds in the beta stream are definitely changed, however, in the test server it was set to an extreme value, so they are testing it.

Some kind of repair station also confirmed just now.

edit: Oh heck, that looks like the commander has a Repair Station (6 engineers spawned around it), and Hull down for soviet tanks! And as above, it also has the KV-8, vehicle self repair, and the KV-2.

That wasn't hull down, it was the KV-2 assault mode. Looks like it becomes immobile, but fires like a mortar... A VERY powerful mortar.
5 Nov 2013, 23:30 PM

Ah yes, it wasn't hull down.

That increased production ability is strange and interesting. Makes it easy to go straight into vehicle heavy play.
5 Nov 2013, 23:34 PM

Is this 'advanced warfare'? I totally missed the 'Air supremacy' commander.
5 Nov 2013, 23:39 PM

It is most likely the Soviet Advanced Warfare commander since it has the most unique abilities and units.

The German Air Supremacy commander really wasn't seen enough, so we don't know what it has other than a 4 plane carpet bomb style ability that blows up a large area. It's hard to miss on the minimap when you see 4 planes fly along a path.
5 Nov 2013, 23:46 PM

If this 'air supremacy' commander was a mash-up between Luftwaffe/Airborne doctrine from the original COH I would fist pump..

6 Nov 2013, 00:16 AM

Defensive Tactics(Soviets):
Dshk 38 Heavy Machine Gun, PMD-6 Anti personnel mines, tank traps, m-42 45mm AT gun, 120mm mortar.

Defensive Doctrine(German):
trench, Defensive fortifications(tank traps), hull down, pak 43, sector artillery.

Also saw a soviet commander looking unit but didn't see enough of it to tell what it does.
6 Nov 2013, 00:25 AM

So tanktraps are being added with a commander?

Really dissapointing, and something I feared all allong. I was hoping that som of the basic features missing from vCOH would eventually be added to the factions, not only commanders, making the factions themselves more complete.

If this is true I guess it makes the excuses that were thrown arround earlier for why FHQs and tanktraps were gone look rather strange.
6 Nov 2013, 00:31 AM

So tanktraps are being added with a commander?

Really dissapointing, and something I feared all allong. I was hoping that som of the basic features missing from vCOH would eventually be added to the factions, not only commanders, making the factions themselves more complete.

If this is true I guess it makes the excuses that were thrown arround earlier for why FHQs and tanktraps were gone look rather strange.

Personally I prefer them this way. Tank traps were very potent in Vcoh and heavily favored german players. It wasnt odd to see them trap out an entire side and then put a 88 flak or a tiger on the other denying the americans only advantage of mobility
6 Nov 2013, 01:11 AM

Yep. I also prefer all these abilities put into commanders.

Tank traps are really potent if used well. You are, in effect, changing the map to disallow vehicle movement in some very important ways.

And tank traps can be pretty difficult to remove once placed.

If you want the ability to do that, then you choose to lose effectiveness in other areas.

Which isn't to say I agree with powerful abilities like FHQ being locked behind paid commanders. Just that it balances things a bit more to have powerful things as trade offs.
6 Nov 2013, 02:46 AM

Judging after the stream today and observing the vetted units I think the "leaked" patch notes are not made up. The one that I notice the most was on that Vet2 Panther, where the turret was turning way faster. So if you check the patch notes you can see that at vet2 the panther will get +40% turret rotation.

Panther:
· Veterancy 2
o +30% Armor
o +40% Turret Rotation

6 Nov 2013, 03:56 AM

I just realized the defensive tactics gives you a substitute for every T2 unit.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS