Login

russian armor

My prediction: Ostheer > OKW

3 Nov 2019, 00:37 AM

Ostheer has been fairly meh in the past, but the last few patches have adjusted it to the point it is among the strongests faction in almost every respect

Why? Ostheer has always been an all round versatile faction with strong units of all types hamstrung by very weak line infantry leaving low room for mistake when using its high performing weapon teams as line infantry could not by itself pull the slack.

This has now changed, ostheer has been consecutively given mainline buffs: pzgren accessibility, assault grenadiers with 5-6 mans, 5 man grens blobs that self heal, with no nerfs to their previous toolkits. This was still somewhat mitigated by the fact assgren&pzgren are incredibly map dependent and countered by vehicles, 5 man gren locked you into a doctrine.

What really closed the circle is now pzg g43 has been buffed to high heavens, yes pgren g43, which seemed like a meme concept until this patch. Don't just shake your head and think this is troll thread, try them out, now on open maps ost has incredibly mainline infantry choices so look as he picks the right mainline for the map.

Meanwhile, OKW despite being still strong, has been completely changed and play a lot like Soviets in that its very dependent on crutch OP units such as 5 man raketen blobs, fallschirm blobs, and to much lesser extent stuka and luchs on some maps.

My prediction: in upcoming tournaments running current patch, ostheer will surprise everyone by being the favored of all axis factions, and be the outperforming faction in every match up

ostheer being a fragile, high micro faction is a complete meme.

3 Nov 2019, 00:49 AM

I wouldn't call OKW "still strong". Fallschirmjägers carry the faction. But other than that they are pretty mediocre.
3 Nov 2019, 01:11 AM

I wouldn't call OKW "still strong". Fallschirmjägers carry the faction. But other than that they are pretty mediocre.

3 Nov 2019, 03:41 AM

While falls are very strong i dont think they “carry the faction”
3 Nov 2019, 07:54 AM

?

What is it that you don't understand?

3 Nov 2019, 08:39 AM

If you complain about pgren with g43s being better than cons or RM at something please remember that in order to get them they require:

-BP2 teched
-340MP
-no snares
-you need doctrine with g43s

It's only fair that they perform that well compared to 280MP units that you can get from the get go. In my opinion they still should perform better with all these things in mind.
3 Nov 2019, 09:16 AM

What is it that you don't understand?

There is another phrase for it
3 Nov 2019, 09:44 AM

If you complain about pgren with g43s being better than cons or RM at something please remember that in order to get them they require:

-BP2 teched
-340MP
-no snares
-you need doctrine with g43s

It's only fair that they perform that well compared to 280MP units that you can get from the get go. In my opinion they still should perform better with all these things in mind.

how does getting g43 pgrens require having no snares?
3 Nov 2019, 10:14 AM

There is another phrase for it

Outside of Fallschirmjäger strats I find USF and Soviets better than OKW.

Soviets are really strong now because even just going 3 Cons + Guards/Shocks into T70 is an absolute pain in the ass to deal with. The previous T1 strats work better than before too because you don't get outnumbered by Volks as hard anymore. In late game, OKW is without a doubt worse than Soviets. But that was true before the last patch already. Have fun trying to deal with vet 3 guards + ISU or IS2 + shocks + Zis wall + Katy. Obers and KT don't cut it unless you out micro your opponent hard.

UKF on open maps still has an relatively easy time against OKW too, you can abuse sniper and MGs very effectively. 5 man double Vickers are still strong in mid to late game. OKW can't countersniper and relying on cloaked units to kill a sniper is often not a reliable counter depending on the map. And diving with Luchs is just not worth it against good players either. That being said UKF is without a doubt the worst Allied faction and pretty shit in general due to their lacking unit roster and being so easily cheesed out of the game by Ostheer.

USF doesn't struggle early game against OKW anymore. Once the officer + LV hits OKW is on the backfoot and basically has inferior units all over the board. USF has better MG, better ATG, better infantry, better indirect fire. Stock mobile healing and reinforcement with ambulance. USF late game isn't as good as Soviets but to compensate they are stronger in early to mid-game. Volks don't scale well whatsoever so in order to fight USF infantry you have to rely on Obers which are not cutting it against USF either. Have fun using them effectively against HE Shermans and Calliopes.

So in that sense not really. OKW late game was already mediocre before the last major patch but now without the turbo early game snowballing it can be really hard to play OKW. Talking about 2v2 only here.

And btw the first rounds of the 1v1 tourney kinda showed the same. Ost was picked over OKW plenty of times despite 1v1 being arguably Ostheers weakest mode. And OKW didn't do too well in the games I watched either.
ddd
3 Nov 2019, 12:27 PM

It wont surprise anyone after what we saw so far in tournament, ostheer being most picked faction with best winrate. Especially games where lower rank players playing ostheer stomped higher rank were very telling. Panzergrenadiers are insane right now, you can use tham as mainline infantry.
3 Nov 2019, 13:14 PM

>DDD
>Saying the truth
:snfPeter:
3 Nov 2019, 13:27 PM

>DDD
>Saying the truth
:snfPeter:

He does have a point. One of the few upsets so far was Bulat's win over Noggano with Ost against USF.
3 Nov 2019, 13:48 PM

He does have a point. One of the few upsets so far was Bulat's win over Noggano with Ost against USF.
so larger win rates now 90 % ? U have to fall really low to agree to with 1# usf fan boy
3 Nov 2019, 14:18 PM

so larger win rates now 90 % ? U have to fall really low to agree to with 1# usf fan boy

Not sure what you are trying to say with the question. Just because he is #1 USF fanboy doesn't mean everything he writes is wrong. Everyone predicted OKW-USF in every game before the tournament and as it turned out Soviets and Ost were picked frequently as well.
3 Nov 2019, 17:08 PM

OKW build orders are too limited

I think at least MG34 should be able to use like MG42 without any unlock

And plz nerf ridiculous Falls(JLI 2.0 that can use faust)
3 Nov 2019, 17:44 PM

OKW build orders are too limited

I think at least MG34 should be able to use like MG42 without any unlock

And plz nerf ridiculous Falls(JLI 2.0 that can use faust)

The MG34 would be overpowering combined with OKW's infantry strength that early. Nobody needs to deal with Sturm Sturm MG34.
3 Nov 2019, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2019, 12:27 PMddd
It wont surprise anyone after what we saw so far in tournament, ostheer being most picked faction with best winrate. Especially games where lower rank players playing ostheer stomped higher rank were very telling. Panzergrenadiers are insane right now, you can use tham as mainline infantry.

Well no surprise here. Nobody expects Ostheer to be good, so you have a relaxed game in your mind and suddenly we have units actually behaving like potent units and BOOM, defeated.
3 Nov 2019, 18:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Nov 2019, 17:44 PMLago

The MG34 would be overpowering combined with OKW's infantry strength that early. Nobody needs to deal with Sturm Sturm MG34.

What's left of OKW's infantry strength in early game?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★