Login

russian armor

Early game soviet weapon team spam

31 Oct 2019, 16:32 PM

It's pretty normal to make multiple MG's if you're ahead to lock down or atleast delay your opponent. I see all factions do it, with Soviets to a lesser extent (because Maxim is Maxim).

Haven't seen an Ostheer start with 3 MG's though, even the Pgren rush is double Pio + double MG42, instead of Pio + triple MG42.
31 Oct 2019, 16:33 PM

Maybe u should try to execute the MG42 spam as Ost and report back. You'll get screwed over by the poor setup and pack up times as well as poor traversal speed.

That was my point

MG spam of any kind doesn't work. Even the best MG going with its LV counter button doesn't cut it.
31 Oct 2019, 16:50 PM

"Suppress large group of inf?" More like see your gunner getting repeatedly gunned down by the blob especially since you'll lack spotters for your mgs since you've invested most of your MP into MGs. And using incendiary rounds vs LV is fairly tricky to pull off outside a building. Won't be one shotted by nades? In what way are the MG42 crew more resistant to nades compared to other crews?

Where are your pio,s with bonus vision? You start with them. None of the allies have that. This gives you ample time to supress.

Sov have no real nades without doctrines. Usf and ukf dont tech them mostly. Because that no single allied inf can approach a mg42 frontaly and nade it, means it wont get one shooted with nades very often. And mg42 has teleport on retreat greatly increasing its chances to escape unlike maxims.

Try again.

31 Oct 2019, 16:53 PM

That's not a spam. He only went for 2 MGs initially and supported decently with agrens. 3+ is a spam. He only got his 3rd mg at the 9 min mark when mg spam is more counterable. By that time MG spam is entirely counterable. Would u call 2mg3gren build an mg spam? And the SU player got what he deserved, he was con spamming (4cons) so Von did what was best against that build - get a 3rd MG. Are u gonna cry about that? Wahhh somebody countered my build order!!!!

When was the last time you saw someone winning a highrank matchup with FOUR maxims? :foreveralone: Just saying. I dont say that "early" MG42 spam is the best idea but dont give me this "bad MG42 unit stats" crap, its a formidable MG
31 Oct 2019, 16:58 PM

Permanently Banned

dont give me this "bad MG42 unit stats" crap, its a formidable MG

Never said it was a bad mg, just said that it's not ideal for spamming. And yes in my opinion, maxims are better suited for spamming than the 42 due to better packup and setup, but I'm also not saying that maxim spam is OP, it can work, and it can also be countered.
31 Oct 2019, 17:03 PM

Permanently Banned

Where are your pio,s with bonus vision? You start with them. None of the allies have that. This gives you ample time to supress.

Sov have no real nades without doctrines. Usf and ukf dont tech them mostly. Because that no single allied inf can approach a mg42 frontaly and nade it, means it wont get one shooted with nades very often. And mg42 has teleport on retreat greatly increasing its chances to escape unlike maxims.

Try again.

Bruh, if you're spamming MGs it means your MGs outnumber your pios so some of your MGs don't have a spotter. If you use a pio to spot for multiple MGs, it means your MGs are in close proximity to each other meaning, you're using a lot of MP to guard a small area of the map putting you at a large resource disadvantage will the opponent will use that to crush you with tank spam. UKF nade tech is only TEN fuel. Dirt cheap. And who trys to "frontally" nade MGs? It's called flanking. Even if you don't entirely get out of the arc, the 42 has such a poor traversal speed, it doesn't matter sometimes.

tRy aGaiN.
31 Oct 2019, 18:46 PM

Bruh, if you're spamming MGs it means your MGs outnumber your pios so some of your MGs don't have a spotter. If you use a pio to spot for multiple MGs, it means your MGs are in close proximity to each other meaning, you're using a lot of MP to guard a small area of the map putting you at a large resource disadvantage will the opponent will use that to crush you with tank spam. UKF nade tech is only TEN fuel. Dirt cheap. And who trys to "frontally" nade MGs? It's called flanking. Even if you don't entirely get out of the arc, the 42 has such a poor traversal speed, it doesn't matter sometimes.

tRy aGaiN.

So you expect a lone nearly or completly unsupported mg42 to pretty much deal with spread out inf all the time? Its a support unit, you know that right? I should not be alone.

Doesnt matter if the ukf nade is dirt cheap. It does not change the fact that most dont get it an thus almost never gets used. Thus mg42 getting nades less esp frontaly.

Volks can nade frontaly very often. A gren long range rifle nade gets shot before suppression sets in vs a maxim. Both axis have more chance and ability to do so.

The slow tranverse speed is there to balance against its quick suppressen and big aoe suppression. This allows you to use spread out squads against it. Its also lessen the impact of the ap ability.

31 Oct 2019, 19:04 PM

Permanently Banned

So you expect a lone nearly or completly unsupported mg42 to pretty much deal with spread out inf all the time? Its a support unit, you know that right? I should not be alone.

Doesnt matter if the ukf nade is dirt cheap. It does not change the fact that most dont get it an thus almost never gets used. Thus mg42 getting nades less esp frontaly.

Volks can nade frontaly very often. A gren long range rifle nade gets shot before suppression sets in vs a maxim. Both axis have more chance and ability to do so.

The slow tranverse speed is there to balance against its quick suppressen and big aoe suppression. This allows you to use spread out squads against it. Its also lessen the impact of the ap ability.

That's the point: I DON'T expect unsupported 42 to deal with large # of inf, SeductiveCardboardBox tried to claim mg42 spam as a viable strategy which I laughed at. Only volks attempt to frontally nade maxims. Try that against vickers or 50cal and you'll get supressed before it happens. Rifle nades take a long time to fire so the extra range doesn't help against frontally nading mgs cuz even the maxim has enough time to supress grens loading a rifle nade.
1 Nov 2019, 00:48 AM

This is completely true as I mostly play 3v3 or 4v4w. How is that fair when soviet at guns can launch god dam nukes at my infantry let alone the 6 man squad. Either buff axis at or nerf soviet team weapons. No other faction got this 6 man nonsense. Reminds me of the days when ppl just amove their maxims.
1 Nov 2019, 00:59 AM

I'm coming from a team game perspective. As soviet team weapons have a 6 man squad, it's almost impossible to wipe them effectively with nades. Again because they have 6 man squads,it takes a lot longer to force a relocate with mortars which is further hindered by the quick pack up/set up time compared to axis hmgs. I simply don't see how this is fair when u compare Soviet team weapons with allied ones.

A lot of ppl are saying go for light vehicles. Soviet t70 is the best light tank, even the su76 is very formidable if used correctly. This Soviet weapon team spam issue def needs to be looked at.

I mainly play 3v3 or 4v4w
1 Nov 2019, 01:00 AM

and the OP is banned. seems like the mods are just blind ally fanboys.
1 Nov 2019, 01:18 AM

and the OP is banned. seems like the mods are just blind ally fanboys.

Oh man, really?

If you go on page 1 you will see that the posts between #2 and #7 got deleted by mods. OP decided to go mad by using nazi propaganda and terminology here. I hope you don't tolerate that either. Thats the reason he was banned.

(thinking about it you have 4 new posts in total... just by chance you are him personally...)
1 Nov 2019, 01:36 AM

Oh man, really?

If you go on page 1 you will see that the posts between #2 and #7 got deleted by mods. OP decided to go mad by using nazi propaganda and terminology here. I hope you don't tolerate that either. Thats the reason he was banned.

(thinking about it you have 4 new posts in total... just by chance you are him personally...)

no i am not him but i just think this soviet team weapon spam issue needs to be looked at in general esp in team games(which i play mainly). a lot of ppl think maxim and zisgun are trash which is completely not the case when u pair them with a 6 man squad. (maxim SQUAD members can actually kill stuff).

i would like bring how unfair the soviet team weapons are esp the zis gun into the spot light since most of the fourm are ally fanboys crying about "axis OP" even though allys have higher win rate in team games. this is especially apparent in the last patch (prior to the IS nerf) where brit DOMINATED 1v1 tournaments while ally fanboys still screaming axis OP.
1 Nov 2019, 02:32 AM

I'm coming from a team game perspective. As soviet team weapons have a 6 man squad, it's almost impossible to wipe them effectively with nades. Again because they have 6 man squads,it takes a lot longer to force a relocate with mortars which is further hindered by the quick pack up/set up time compared to axis hmgs. I simply don't see how this is fair when u compare Soviet team weapons with allied ones.

A lot of ppl are saying go for light vehicles. Soviet t70 is the best light tank, even the su76 is very formidable if used correctly. This Soviet weapon team spam issue def needs to be looked at.

I mainly play 3v3 or 4v4w

The ost mortar has a better barrage and smoke barrage for that reason. They work wonders vs setup teams.

The maxims packup time and setup time have been changed its nowhere near as mobile as before.

The maxims supression and aoe suppression are weaker then most mg,s esp the axis mg,s.

Soviet units with few exceptions are only good when doubled up or even spammed imo. Esp in big game modes. Because flanking in those maps is next to impossible they spamm them.
1 Nov 2019, 06:54 AM

The ost mortar has a better barrage and smoke barrage for that reason. They work wonders vs setup teams.

The maxims packup time and setup time have been changed its nowhere near as mobile as before.

The maxims supression and aoe suppression are weaker then most mg,s esp the axis mg,s.

Soviet units with few exceptions are only good when doubled up or even spammed imo. Esp in big game modes. Because flanking in those maps is next to impossible they spamm them.

the maxim set up/pack up time is still way superior compared to axis HMGS. when spammed it can even supress large blobs of axis infantry.
i disagree with wehr having a better mortar as soviet mortar is 6 man and will out barrage a wehr mortar everytime. along with the zis gun firing nukes, the state of soviet weapon team spam is unhealthy. the soviet mortars also have flare at rank 1 (IIC).
if u look below this thread an ally fanboy just made a thread about buffing zis gun barrage. i would like to see how ally players feel when my pak40 can fire nukes as well
1 Nov 2019, 07:44 AM

the maxim set up/pack up time is still way superior compared to axis HMGS.

it isnt... its pack time is 1 second faster but its setup time is comparable...

it also ignores all the other disadvantages the maxim has...
1 Nov 2019, 08:18 AM

I think hans/devm made maxim spam in rail metals during last 2v2 championship. It is still op because of its fast motion and 6 man squad. I dont think maxim is as dastardly as allies try to make up. Just saying.
1 Nov 2019, 08:18 AM

I think hans/devm made maxim spam in rail metals during last 2v2 championship. It is still op because of its fast motion and 6 man squad. I dont think maxim is as dastardly as allies try to make up. Just saying.

then lets give the MG-42 maxim stats if you think its "soo OP"
1 Nov 2019, 09:05 AM

Bruh, Maxim has terrible suppression, death loop, no AP rounds ,no special extra suppression rounds but its Op. MG 42 has all of those and its okay to you. The ZIS has barrage(it dosent shoot nukes(nerfed alr), pzgren throw nukes btw), the PAK have snare. Judging by ur post your a huge Wheraboo
1 Nov 2019, 09:08 AM

No im saying maxim spam is more viable than others. Maybe 50cal could but it comes too late.

We seen han/devm play meta normally. It is obvious they purposefully play few matches with maxim spam and it is cause maxim allows it.

Maxim spam is viable and hard for Wehr to counter still. Maxim has some strong attributes that dont make ze worse mg like claimed

You can pull it off still is all im saying. The OP is not wrong to say. We shouldn't dismiss that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight