Login

russian armor

Enough is enough

28 Oct 2019, 03:34 AM

Ramed + il 2 strike = dead tiger.

Is2 Fausted and 50% hp. Hits perfect Stuka AT gun strike and is2 suvives with ease.

Balance team?
Vaz
28 Oct 2019, 03:48 AM

IL2 bomb strike vs the gun on the stuka? Really? The Stuka is a directional weapon and may not penetrate the IS2. The IL2 bomb has extremely high penetration to the point where it doesn't matter where it hits. What's the cost difference between the two attacks?
28 Oct 2019, 04:25 AM

Snared KT and a perfect rocket hit from strafing support => survive. How about that ?
28 Oct 2019, 04:36 AM

Yes you are right.

I think Allies off map AT strikes are WAY better than Axis especially what Wehr have.

IL2, Tank bombs, p47, hawker. These are remnants of when Axis tanks are superior. Needs some look at or at least make Wehr stuka strife more equally devestating.
28 Oct 2019, 04:46 AM

a 200 muni easily dodged, small AOE, plane off map that directly hits should do some damage. Granted, There's a low margin of error with a engine critted tiger, but it still is possible to survive if you can determine where the plane is coming from in time. Even rammed, on the map border, a rammed Tiger can still recover and move fast enough to avoid most if not all of the bombs. IF you lined up a near full health tiger to get all bombs to directly hit it, or your opponent made it impossible for you to do so, you probably just got out played.
28 Oct 2019, 10:34 AM

Is2 Fausted and 50% hp. Hits perfect Stuka AT gun strike and is2 suvives with ease.

Balance team?

I'll remind you that the sov player paid 90 fuel and 300 mp as well to pull that off, wehr fuel-based snares when?
28 Oct 2019, 10:46 AM

Ostheer has Target Weak Point as a good non-doctrinal option to deal with heavies. Can't be used as aggressively as ram, but it's still a death sentence for most tanks if you can get it off.

OKW has.. determination.

Not all factions use the same tools to accomplish the same goals.

Vaz
28 Oct 2019, 21:52 PM

a 200 muni easily dodged, small AOE, plane off map that directly hits should do some damage. Granted, There's a low margin of error with a engine critted tiger, but it still is possible to survive if you can determine where the plane is coming from in time. Even rammed, on the map border, a rammed Tiger can still recover and move fast enough to avoid most if not all of the bombs. IF you lined up a near full health tiger to get all bombs to directly hit it, or your opponent made it impossible for you to do so, you probably just got out played.

I think he got outplayed, that maneuver sounds like it was well executed.

Doing the same thing with the stuka and target weakpoint isn't really necessary, since the stuka will track the target. Really the two shouldn't be compared, the better comparison would be the stuka dive bomb plus a target weakpoint for the wehr side. Last I checked that's a solid 500 damage, always penetrates, plus you can get off at least 2 shots from the pak for an addition 320hp. That's enough to destroy almost any allied armor. I'm not sure about IS2HP and Churchill HP, they might need a few more licks from the pak.
29 Oct 2019, 07:53 AM

Balance team?

even a brummbar will seem underpowered when you measure its viability by how quickly you can destroy tanks... its simply not what its meant to do...

the stuka isnt an AT strike... its an anti infantry strike team weapon wiper and a blobwiper... use it vs machineguns AT guns mortars or blobs and you will get really good results....

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Oct 2019, 04:36 AMmrgame2
Yes you are right.

I think Allies off map AT strikes are WAY better than Axis especially what Wehr have.

IL2, Tank bombs, p47, hawker. These are remnants of when Axis tanks are superior. Needs some look at or at least make Wehr stuka strife more equally devestating.

give it red smoke, make it cost more, make it shootable by AA and remove/reduce its infantry killing ability and youve got yourself a deal
30 Oct 2019, 06:27 AM

Il2 bombing strike is the slowest of all the offmap air strikes in the game. You need actual skill to execute this strategy. And it might back fire.
If someone can't dodge it its more likely a l2p issue
30 Oct 2019, 20:43 PM

What's Tha? 300mp,90fu and 200mu ontop of outplay the tiger player? Seems plenty reasonable to me...
30 Oct 2019, 21:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

To do the maths:
Tiger - T90 = 340 MP + 140 FU

Basically an OKW P4, this is what they won, at the cost of 200 mun and quite some micro with the risk that it won't work and they pay everything without getting anything.

I think this would be a problem if the maneuver was easy to pull off, but I imagine it is not.
30 Oct 2019, 21:59 PM

To do the maths:
Tiger - T90 = 340 MP + 140 FU

Basically an OKW P4, this is what they won, at the cost of 200 mun and quite some micro with the risk that it won't work and they pay everything without getting anything.

I think this would be a problem if the maneuver was easy to pull off, but I imagine it is not.

Deduct the MU cost of pintle MG...
31 Oct 2019, 03:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Oct 2019, 21:59 PMVipper

Deduct the MU cost of pintle MG...

Heh
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %