Login

russian armor

Thoughts on World Championship 2019 so far?

10 Nov 2019, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 09:26 AMmrgame2
But i don't care about the glory and the wins of rankings. I hope we can make this game unique and fairer especially Wehr whose design have been continually diluted over time

Literally nothing but improvements happened to wehr as they got stock sandbags, engineer recon, T0 hmg, improvements to teching pace, more affordable late game tech, ability to skip early tech and so on.

Are you sure we play same game?
10 Nov 2019, 09:33 AM

I dont know man. Those got to change because it is needed and not improvements. As seen in the latest competition, top players rather take okw and even then, allies choice seem to result in wins
10 Nov 2019, 09:34 AM

That's still a shitton of improvements, no matter how you want to call it.

Or are you want to say as well that soviets didn't got any improvements, because its all things that needed to be changed?

That's LITERALLY THE DEFINITION of improvements.
10 Nov 2019, 09:42 AM

No im saying wehr is worse off now and also as seen in top 1v1 2v2.
10 Nov 2019, 09:57 AM

Yep. Allies dominate. Be it Sov or USF. My favourite is 200mp jeep. So far it wins in my personal 'get more than you pay for' ranking. Jesulin vs Jove - one of their games was largely about puma trying to get rid of THE CAR because it was afraid of its mark target. Don't even know what to say...
10 Nov 2019, 09:59 AM

Yes where did the jeep meta came from? Double jeep 50cal upgrade, dominate early game resources. Lol

Once again 50cal upgrade > mg pintle upgrade. Wehr having best of basics is so old and outdated
10 Nov 2019, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 09:34 AMKatitof
That's still a shitton of improvements, no matter how you want to call it.

Or are you want to say as well that soviets didn't got any improvements, because its all things that needed to be changed?

That's LITERALLY THE DEFINITION of improvements.

Don't bother mate.

He will just keep twisting his interpretation of a definition and keep moving the goal posts until....well until it has the theme of every post and thread he has made.....see if you can spot the pattern.
10 Nov 2019, 10:25 AM

I disagree. Imo some players have gotten too comfortable with net allies factions buffs, over the years. It can get uncomfortable once we talk about how wehr have fallen.

Let see today games if allies continue winning maga
10 Nov 2019, 11:23 AM

If you mr2 think Ost design is bad, allow me to introduce you to UKF.
10 Nov 2019, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 09:59 AMmrgame2
Yes where did the jeep meta came from? Double jeep 50cal upgrade, dominate early game resources. Lol

Once again 50cal upgrade > mg pintle upgrade. Wehr having best of basics is so old and outdated

Ever face quad kubel in 4v4 yet ? Quad mg42 opening, quad stum rush anyone?
10 Nov 2019, 11:29 AM

Ever seen game 3 of amstrong vs creativename ? USF is like taking the lead throughout fist 3/4 of the game, 4 time of VP, persing come out fist, etc. Then ost hit Tiger ace, boom, usf surrender. Just an example.
10 Nov 2019, 11:55 AM

Its true i haven't seen ukf in last night games. I didnt watch all. But that's because ukf is based off wehr, a more hardier wehr with lesser flexibility imo. So yes ukf have suffered as a by product of wehr.

That said, in 4v4 imo the openings dont mean much. Maps are big, shared resources are plenty. You can easily overcome openings.

As for game3, no i haven't. But to lose because
Of tiger ace after big lead, the player is probably tired out.

I did watch Hans vs noggano game1 yesterday. Hans sov was trailing most of the game, then bam cheap sov units outflank okw and made a comeback. I think that game is better judge of similar levels and fresh battles
10 Nov 2019, 11:58 AM

Back to tournament talk, any idea why allies factions are winning mostly? Its like coin toss, you should play allies first, so if it gets to game5, at least you end with allies.

Did okw volks delayed got too serious nerf in gaining early game presence now we seen high levels plays?
10 Nov 2019, 12:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 11:58 AMmrgame2
Back to tournament talk, any idea why allies factions are winning mostly? Its like coin toss, you should play allies first, so if it gets to game5, at least you end with allies.

Did okw volks delayed got too serious nerf in gaining early game presence now we seen high levels plays?

At this point in the tournament, what's deciding matches is the difference in tournament seed, not faction.
10 Nov 2019, 12:16 PM

Idk man. Last night games faced off against familiar top foes, and games went to game5.

Either they're close. Or perhaps when your turn to use allies, you get the win
10 Nov 2019, 12:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 12:16 PMmrgame2
Idk man. Last night games faced off against familiar top foes, and games went to game5.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
10 Nov 2019, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 12:10 PMLago

At this point in the tournament, what's deciding matches is the difference in tournament seed, not faction.

True till to certain point. IN the first rounds its very obvious that the higher seeds win easily.
But the top16 had quiete good matchups: I dont think that Noggano / Hans was decided by the seating, same for the VOn/PFC series.
Yes, we get a better impression after the quarterfinals but right now it really feels that USF is dominating and USF mechanized is the new spec ops - a commander almost used in very game. It would be really interesting to know what the winning percentage of USF players are in general, how often US Mech was picked and what the winning percentage of US players is who chose Mechanized.
10 Nov 2019, 12:59 PM

I already have a hunch that OKW is being strongly favoured over ostheer. Also I have a feefee that the vast amount of winning ostheer strats revolve around going for 0CP units. Grens seem to be rarity. This should signal to the balance team that something is off, if the benchmark for the whole mainline infantry does not see as much use as it statistically should, or players opt to play OKW.

The issue with t0 hmg compared to t0 grens is that you always are severely behind in map control because you have to build t1 with pioneers and hmg takes ages to build. You also have to use pioneer and hmg in tandem causing you to lose even more capping potential. The t0 HMG was introduced 4 years ago as a way to "promote combined arms", but I think that the real reason was that grens couldn't fight against western faction mainline properly.

Now when significant changes have been made in an effort to balance out allied mainline it could be high time to try and revert this t1->t0 hmg update and return grens to t0. Instead of being forced to go assgrens or osttruppen if you want to have early map presence.
10 Nov 2019, 13:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Nov 2019, 12:16 PMmrgame2

Will you shut up and stop whining?

You can only see the Axis losing, and you can't see Britain going extinct in the tournament, can you?
10 Nov 2019, 13:55 PM

I already have a hunch that OKW is being strongly favoured over ostheer. Also I have a feefee that the vast amount of winning ostheer strats revolve around going for 0CP units. Grens seem to be rarity. This should signal to the balance team that something is off, if the benchmark for the whole mainline infantry does not see as much use as it statistically should, or players opt to play OKW.

That's not what we saw yesterday. OST seems to be the tournament pick in defiance of the meta, and we even saw MG-less Grenadier builds from Luvnest.

If tournament results are any indication, the Balance Team has done an incredibly good job on making a balanced and strategically diverse Ostheer.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 46
Germany 750
unknown 19
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L