Greetings, I'm mainly a 1v1 player and I play in the lower mid brackets (fluctuating between lvl 9 and 10+). My playstyle is mostly aggressive early capping, focusing on denying my opponent resources and maximising my resource gain for early tech advantages. My standard build order is Kubel-Volks-Volks-battlegroup (ISG+MG) into earliest possible Luchs or Puma.
So far, my win rate against USF is about 25%, 80+% against British and 60+% against Soviets. I struggle sometimes with Penals into t70 but USF really takes (robs the cake).
Here's the list of problems I face against USF
1) 0 cp military truck (DOES ANYONE NOT REALISE HOW RIDICULOUSLY OP THIS THING IS???!!!) - too fast and mobile for a raketenwerfer to take out (which also tends to miss at mid range against moving units) OKW don't get panzerfausts until Battlegroup hq is done, and even then it's easy to stay out of panzerfaust range, or just simply kill 3/4 of the squad while panzerfaust is loading. It's an early game nightmare that bleeds MP like crazy and leads to the opponent having a lot more resources than he normally would. It also has the most nonsensical chase-down ability - it's basically a 0 CP call-in scout car with upgraded armour that is built as the third unit of the game, and you can put a rifle squad inside to wipe any squad retreating even with 3 soldiers.
2) Rifle blob with mortar support - Seems to be the best individual infantry unit from T0, and even when I win early engagements the mid-game 3 rifle blobs with Lieutenant gives the USF a lot more infantry units out on the field then I do. I struggle in the mid-game and normally Panzer 2 is the only way I can turn the tide.
Late game rifles are also the best standard infantry with dual LMGs - 2 or 3 star Obersoldaten squads or 5 star Volks squads can't hold their own against rifle squads 1 for 1.
The ISG is awesome but USF mortars are T0, which means USF can house-rush without getting punished. Overall their mortars are just better because they're cheaper and never get killed or captured because they can easily retreat.
3) Engineers with bazookas vs OKW handheld anti-tank - Sturmpioneers need 90 munitions for a single panzershrek, terribly cost-inefficient. USF can make cheap, mobile, infantry-based anti-tank with Rear Echelon troops and dual bazookas, which effectively shuts down light vehicle play and helps a lot later on against OKW tanks. Wehrmacht also pays 120 munitions for 2 anti-tank weapons, but they give up valuable anti-infantry firepower to do so. Cheap and easy access to infantry-held anti-tank weapons gives USF a big advantage compared to all 4 factions.
4) USF vehicle crews - USF vehicle crews are always two units in one. Mobile repair, can capture points....This is beyond ridiculous.
5) Stuart - nonsensical skill that causes enemy vehicles to lose mobility. Ensures the Stuart can't be chased down by a Puma, or even better, ensures the enemy light tank gets killed by your bazooka wielding infantry. Incredibly mobile and accurate on the move, great dps against infantry, beats the Panzer 2 in a firefight easily but is fast enough to chase it down.
6) Pershing - 3 models dropped per shot. It doesn't have the health or anti-tank damage of a Jagdtiger but it's reasonably mobile for a heavy tank, which allows it to escape easily, and with decent mobility, range, and firepower, it's the most well-rounded heavy tank. Its anti-infantry shots allow it to gain Veterancy at a ridiculous clip, because it gets 3 models on a single squad reliably. The Panther/Konigstiger usually get 1 guy, sometimes 2. Worst part is that the Pershing is not expensive, and coupled with the 120? fuel you save from the Major, it can turn the tide of a losing battle easily. It's a common situation where I hold my fuel and more strat points, while constantly disrupting or seizing his fuel, but I haven't really crippled him. He holds out long enough for more LMGs/bazookas on his squads and calls in a Pershing by skipping Major to reverse the situation.
Panther needs 300mp and 135 fuel for the HQ, before you spend another 490mp and 200fuel to get the Panther
It's very painful for OKW that teching to P4/Panther costs as much or more than a Jagdtiger. Having such poor access to medium tanks often means you have to rely on Puma and anti-tank guns against the dreaded USF mortars (since you don't even have proper handheld anti-tank) and will struggle to close out games in which you've been doing well in terms of map control and resource games.