Login

russian armor

UKF mortar pit garrison buff - bugged?

26 Sep 2019, 11:45 AM

Hello,

recently I was testing the capabilities of mortar pits, whether the garrison buff is worth it or not. I found out that the doesn't reduce the reload time at all. Only thing I noticed is, that it reduces the cooldown of the barrage by approx. 30 %. But I find this pointless, since until the barrage is finished, the cooldown is ready anyway.

I conducted the test by placing 2 mortar pits next to themselves in the cheat mode. One was empty, the other garrisoned. Then I used both attack ground / barrage on both pits simultaneously. The time between shots was the same, roughly 8 seconds / 6 seconds.

Could anyone test this out and confirm it? The mortar pit guide on the forums says that it should increase rate of fire by 50 %, which would be a pretty good deal, but this information is from 2017 I think, so it might be outdated. Is this intended, or is it a bug? If yes, can it be fixed in the upcoming hotfix? For clarification, I am not a simcity user, but I think that sacrificing the presence of one sapper squad for a few seconds might give me the upper hand against mg spams, which I find pretty common after the pgren and ostwind change against ukf.
26 Sep 2019, 11:51 AM

Garrison bonuses were completely removed or made completely pointless long time ago.
26 Sep 2019, 11:59 AM

Hello,

recently I was testing the capabilities of mortar pits, whether the garrison buff is worth it or not. I found out that the doesn't reduce the reload time at all. Only thing I noticed is, that it reduces the cooldown of the barrage by approx. 30 %. But I find this pointless, since until the barrage is finished, the cooldown is ready anyway.

I conducted the test by placing 2 mortar pits next to themselves in the cheat mode. One was empty, the other garrisoned. Then I used both attack ground / barrage on both pits simultaneously. The time between shots was the same, roughly 8 seconds / 6 seconds.

Could anyone test this out and confirm it? The mortar pit guide on the forums says that it should increase rate of fire by 50 %, which would be a pretty good deal, but this information is from 2017 I think, so it might be outdated. Is this intended, or is it a bug? If yes, can it be fixed in the upcoming hotfix? For clarification, I am not a simcity user, but I think that sacrificing the presence of one sapper squad for a few seconds might give me the upper hand against mg spams, which I find pretty common after the pgren and ostwind change against ukf.

Mortar Pit
The Mortar Pit was too efficient at locking large portions of the map compared to the minimal amount of user input required to operate it.

Auto fire range from 115 to 90
Barrage cooldown from 75 to 40
Smoke Barrage no longer shares a cooldown with the main barrage and only uses one mortar
Smoke range from 120 to 150
Barrage reload from 4 to 3/5
Barrage aim time from 0.5/1 to 0.125
Garrison bonus changed from reload bonus to -25% barrage recharge
Veterancy 1 reduces Smoke Barrage cooldown by 25%
26 Sep 2019, 13:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2019, 11:59 AMVipper

Mortar Pit

Garrison bonus changed from reload bonus to -25% barrage recharge

Worthless - aka Working as intended.

I've had several 2v2 and 4v4 randoms that went south after UKF teammate decided to build emplacements. When I tried to get one to stop (after 5-6 emplacements destroyed) he protested that "It's a core feature of UKF."

Slightly off topic, but similar subject, the new Bofors can't protect itself even from infantry now. They put up smoke, close in with a couple of Pgrens or Pfusiliers, attack ground for a bit and the Bofors is gone. It's also been nerfed to uselessness. It would have been better had the balance team just removed it from the game.
26 Sep 2019, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2019, 13:04 PMGrumpy

Worthless - aka Working as intended.

I would actually call the change of the garrison bonus a buff since the barrage is stronger than the autoattack and without garrison the pit should be able to fire at 30 second instead 75 pre patch.

The mortar would probably be in worse state if it had the old garrison bonus.

Not that I would claim that pit got buffed overall.
26 Sep 2019, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2019, 14:36 PMVipper

I would actually call the change of the garrison bonus a buff since the barrage is stronger than the autoattack and without garrison the pit should be able to fire at 30 second instead 75 pre patch.

The mortar would probably be in worse state if it had the old garrison bonus.

Not that I would claim that pit got buffed overall.

The barrage is stronger than auto indeed but if cooldown already just a couple of sec after each barrage then what is the point of garrison now ?
26 Sep 2019, 16:11 PM

The barrage is stronger than auto indeed but if cooldown already just a couple of sec after each barrage then what is the point of garrison now ?

10 seconds...
I did not made any command about how good the garrison bonus actually is.
I simply pointed out that it is probably an improvement compared to old one with nerf to all mortar's autofire.
26 Sep 2019, 18:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2019, 16:11 PMVipper

10 seconds...
I did not made any command about how good the garrison bonus actually is.
I simply pointed out that it is probably an improvement compared to old one with nerf to all mortar's autofire.

The changes to the mortar pit itself is an improvement, indeed. But my point is that the change to the garrison bonus take away too many. I'm not asking the old bonus back but rework it to provide other benefit will be very welcomed, just simple little things, such as repair from inside.

Emplacements in general are at the bottom line of usable now, they need some care.
26 Sep 2019, 23:13 PM

The changes to the mortar pit itself is an improvement, indeed. But my point is that the change to the garrison bonus take away too many. I'm not asking the old bonus back but rework it to provide other benefit will be very welcomed, just simple little things, such as repair from inside.

Emplacements in general are at the bottom line of usable now, they need some care.

Actually they need a redesign. They need to have tech cost attached to them so that their effectiveness depends on how much one is willing to invest in to them...
27 Sep 2019, 00:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2019, 23:13 PMVipper

Actually they need a redesign. They need to have tech cost attached to them so that their effectiveness depends on how much one is willing to invest in to them...

And this come to what we already discuss in your other thread.
13 Oct 2019, 12:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Sep 2019, 23:13 PMVipper

Mirage fla had a mod for this.
Basic mortar had 1 mortar for cost of 200. You paid extra if you wanted the 2nd mortar.
13 Oct 2019, 13:29 PM

Mirage fla had a mod for this.
Basic mortar had 1 mortar for cost of 200. You paid extra if you wanted the 2nd mortar.

And relic said no to it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS