Login

russian armor

su76 need adjustments

PAGES (10)down
rqd
16 Sep 2019, 11:50 AM

su76 might be the least favorable lv in soviet t3. Being an at vehicle almost the same price of okw puma, now it is only like a zis-3 with tracks and less damage(120), longer barrage cooldown(more than a minute) and lower pen (nerfed in prev patch).

I think it is ok to buff its barrage ablity like what is done to howitzers in current patch, lower the barrage cooldown a bit to strengthen its supporting role. And since it currently does not have high pen rate vs heavys, vet 2 damage bonus could be added from +20 to +40, make it a td with 160 damage(like vet3 puma) to help it scales better vs mediums if it survives long enough. If vet 2 +40 damage becomes op, it can be move to vet3, like +20 damage each in vet2 and vet3.

Both m5 and t70 can have its role in lategame, but su76 is just up.
16 Sep 2019, 11:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 11:50 AMrqd
su76 might be the least favorable lv in soviet t3. Being an at vehicle almost the same price of okw puma, now it is only like a zis-3 with tracks and less damage(120), longer barrage cooldown(more than a minute) and lower pen (nerfed in prev patch).

I think it is ok to buff its barrage ablity like what is done to howitzers in current patch, lower the barrage cooldown a bit to strengthen its supporting role. And since it currently does not have high pen rate vs heavys, vet 2 damage bonus could be added from +20 to +40, make it a td with 160 damage(like vet3 puma) to help it scales better vs mediums if it survives long enough. If vet 2 +40 damage becomes op, it can be move to vet3, like +20 damage each in vet2 and vet3.

Both m5 and t70 can have its role in lategame, but su76 is just up.
fixed
rqd
16 Sep 2019, 11:59 AM

fixed
Are you sure about that? In my test it still takes 5 shots for a vet3 su76 to kill a panzer4
16 Sep 2019, 12:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 11:59 AMrqd
Are you sure about that? In my test it still takes 5 shots for a vet3 su76 to kill a panzer4
no i mean that's the fix
16 Sep 2019, 12:04 PM

I think the SU76 needs the HE barrage revamped somehow to gain a true dual role that would make it really viable. I think the best solution would be to go the ISU 152 route and give it a 10 second switch into HE rounds.
rqd
16 Sep 2019, 12:20 PM

I think the SU76 needs the HE barrage revamped somehow to gain a true dual role that would make it really viable. I think the best solution would be to go the ISU 152 route and give it a 10 second switch into HE rounds.
That cant be possible, no axis player would like to see his infantry or support weapon being blown up from range. But it might be okay if it works as a timed ability like usf at take-aim.
16 Sep 2019, 12:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 12:20 PMrqd
That cant be possible, no axis player would like to see his infantry or support weapon being blown up from range. But it might be okay if it works as a timed ability like usf at take-aim.

You’d obviously have a lower range and lethality than the current barrage.
16 Sep 2019, 13:11 PM

SU76 has far better penetration than Puma and better range by 10, same damage as Puma. SU76 is the earliest TD anyone can get.

It has a useful 6 shot barrage which is very useful against infantry.

It is not meant to deal with heavies at all. It is a light tank though it will be most definitely having better chances than any other light tank available in game.

16 Sep 2019, 13:32 PM

SU76 has far better penetration than Puma and better range by 10, same damage as Puma. SU76 is the earliest TD anyone can get.

It is not meant to deal with heavies at all. It is a light tank though it will be most definitely having better chances than any other light tank available in game.

Puma has far better mobility than SU76 and better rate of fire, has turret and more damage at vet 3 than SU76 which allows it to 4-hit-kill mediums, while lone SU76 always needs 5 or 6 hits depending on vet.

It has very powerful turret lock shot that allows it to solo mediums in direct combat (engagement in a vacuum).

It also kills snipers easily with the coaxial, self-spots, has defensive smoke and imho is the best LV AT platform in the game atm.

Increasing the dmg bonus of SU76 when vet3 so it deals 160 dmg is not unreasonable, especially considering the late timing of SU76 compared to Puma.
16 Sep 2019, 13:41 PM

Puma has far better mobility than SU76 and better rate of fire, has turret and more damage at vet 3 than SU76 which allows it to 4-hit-kill mediums, while lone SU76 always needs 5 or 6 hits depending on vet.

It has very powerful turret lock shot that allows it to solo mediums in direct combat (engagement in a vacuum).

It also kills snipers easily with the coaxial, self-spots, has defensive smoke and imho is the best LV AT platform in the game atm.

Increasing the dmg bonus of SU76 when vet3 so it deals 160 dmg is not unreasonable, especially considering the late timing of SU76 compared to Puma.

Vet 3 SU76 should definitely have 160 damage like Puma Vet 3. That is definitely fine by me but it vets faster in contrast to Puma since it penetrates far better and more often.

Even SU76 can counter sniper at range with barrage if lucky. Dont have to get close

SU76 has better range at the cost of mobility. Trade off.

Rate of fire is practically similar or the same around 4 seconds with having minor +-0.3 difference.

Barrage is more handy in situations since there is more opportunity windows to use it effectively in contrast.

Smoke for Puma since its penetration is worse.

So yeah, those are my thoughts.

16 Sep 2019, 14:04 PM

u might want to check osther puma
:romeoHype:
16 Sep 2019, 14:06 PM

u might want to check osther puma
:romeoHype:

Nobody plays that doctrine anymore after being tied to tech, 99% of Pumas you see come from OKW and the time needed for you can acquire them is shorter than the time needed to acquire SU76.

Vet 3 SU76 should definitely have 160 damage like Puma Vet 3. That is definitely fine by me but it vets faster in contrast to Puma since it penetrates far better and more often.

Even SU76 can counter sniper at range with barrage if lucky. Dont have to get close

This is a far stretch.

Rate of fire is practically similar or the same around 4 seconds with having minor +-0.3 difference.

Not from my experience, SU76 has additional ~0,9s wind down that Puma doesn't have. Per my understanding this means that Puma fires more or less 5 shots while SU76 fires 4. It is considerable ROF difference. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Barrage is more handy in situations since there is more opportunity windows to use it effectively in contrast.

It can be used more often than the turret-lock shot, but the latter can be more rewarding.

Smoke for Puma since its penetration is worse.

Penetration has nothing to do with smoke, also Puma has relatively high near-mid penetration for a LV which allows it to dive once you use the turret-lock on enemy medium tank.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not here to argue, but I wanted to highlight that Puma is a very strong light vehicle that benefits from 160 dmg at vet3 so applying the same to SU76 would be fair move. Vehicles would still be asymmetrical with different strengths, but SU76 would get similar dmg breakdown treatment with veterancy as Puma.

I didn't count, but SU76 indeed feels like the least used SOV vehicle, vet3 160 dmg would let it scale better and have more impactful damage breakdown.
16 Sep 2019, 14:16 PM

Nobody plays that doctrine
exactly :foreveralone: it even got an hard nerf this patch :foreveralone:
16 Sep 2019, 14:35 PM

The unit is cost efficient.

It XP value is actually extremely low and it should be increased. In that last patch it was actually buffed since it traded penetration for accuracy and got a rotation buff.
rqd
16 Sep 2019, 14:41 PM

That barrage is not really handy.

Yes it fire 6 shots at 80 range, but you dont always have the time window to finish it, usually your opponent will react in time , move the squad away and send at gun or light vehicle to drive you off. Then the super-long ability recharge time makes it pain: it is 80 seconds cooldown, post patch howitzer has only 70 seconds cooldown.

zis-3 barrage has max range 60, fires 4 shots with 30 sec cooldown in contrast, way more easy to use.

16 Sep 2019, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 14:41 PMrqd

That barrage is not really handy.

Yes it fire 6 shots at 80 range, but you dont always have the time window to finish it, usually your opponent will react in time , move the squad away and send at gun or light vehicle to drive you off. Then the super-long ability recharge time makes it pain: it is 80 seconds cooldown, post patch howitzer has only 70 seconds cooldown.

zis-3 barrage has max range 60, fires 4 shots with 30 sec cooldown in contrast, way more easy to use.

The SU-76's barrage is simply superior after vet 2, it does more damage.
rqd
16 Sep 2019, 15:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 14:44 PMVipper

The SU-76 is simply superior after vet 2, it does more damage.

Its only +20 damage, makes it 140 dmg per shot, only good vs lights, like 3-shot the 400hps.

Its far pen now is 160, no guarantee to pen ost p4, hard to say it can be effective against mediums when not in numbers. As for ostwind, it may simply lose to it in a duel.

puma with vet is much better with maneuverability and sight range and damage and survivability. su76 has good pen and range, but thats what a td without turret and armour should have or it will never be used.
16 Sep 2019, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 15:12 PMrqd

Its only +20 damage, makes it 140 dmg per shot, only good vs lights, like 3-shot the 400hps.

Its far pen now is 160, no guarantee to pen ost p4, hard to say it can be effective against mediums when not in numbers. As for ostwind, it may simply lose to it in a duel.

puma with vet is much better with maneuverability and sight range and damage and survivability. su76 has good pen and range, but thats what a td without turret and armour should have or it will never be used.

I was taking about the barrage.

The difference in damage for barrage is substantial at 125%, it one of the cheapest weapons with a kill radius.

It AT capabilities are actually fine and it not only good vs lights.
rqd
16 Sep 2019, 15:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Sep 2019, 15:26 PMVipper

I was taking about the barrage.

The difference in damage for barrage is substantial at 125%, it one of the cheapest weapons with a kill radius.

It AT capabilities are actually fine and it not only good vs lights.

Sorry that I didnt read your post carefully, but it seems that since last year's update the barrage of su76 is using the same dmg/aoe/scatter/cost data as that of zis3's. It has been a 6 shot zis3 barrage with 80 seconds recharging time then, so vet2 incresed damage has nothing to do with the barrage.

The barrage was free serveral patch before, but now it costs 35 mu, it is not fair for it to have such a long recharging time like howitzers.

16 Sep 2019, 20:42 PM

The barrage for SU76 is so useful.

Counters MGs, guys in buildings, stationary targets mostly efficient. In Concentrated/Defensive areas in general is definitely a great counter.

Sometimes it does more than enough damage for you units to finish them off perfectly like countering MGs.

It is still a great support unit though I prefer to use T70 more often since that is a beast unit against AI.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS