Login

russian armor

Flare rework proposal

13 Sep 2019, 19:39 PM

Right now, flares provide uncounterable vision, which is very powerful.

I propose that instead of the flares sighting units themselves, they grant a sight range bonus to all units in the flare’s radius.

This way, flares will no longer be able to grant uncounterable vision on back lines, while still providing bonus sight.
13 Sep 2019, 19:41 PM

Definitely an interesting idea. I still think flares providing any vision is silly, especially in a game with no day/night cycles
13 Sep 2019, 19:54 PM

Interesting idea, but increase sight range seem overlap with command panther's aura.

My idea is to make recon flare be called in from the command panther and have a range. With that flare will required the command panther in range to be use, meaning take some risk, at the same time, open a slot in the Commander to add another ability.
13 Sep 2019, 20:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think he also means other flares such as the SOV mortar and Panzerfüsiliere
13 Sep 2019, 21:00 PM

Why everyone is too whiny about this while brits have the better version, sov has it on sniper and mortar...
13 Sep 2019, 21:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The UKF is also way too cheap and badly designed, but at least you cannot send it to the enemy base, only on the front line. It should be reworked though.

SOV flares are very different (just as Panzerfüsilier flares), since they require a unit to be in range. In case of the sniper it's even a very squishy one.
13 Sep 2019, 23:36 PM

I think he also means other flares such as the SOV mortar and Panzerfüsiliere

I did have applying the same rework to mortar/sniper and PFusiliers flares in mind.

This wouldn’t really effect PFusiliers and snipers, because they usually stay near their flares, but it’d make it so sov mortar doesn’t get 24/7 uncounterable vision also
14 Sep 2019, 00:08 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2019, 21:00 PMJilet
Why everyone is too whiny about this while brits have the better version, sov has it on sniper and mortar...

1 click vision in any part of the map, without risking a unit been on the front to do so.
This wine has aged well, cause it's been there since 5 years ago.
14 Sep 2019, 01:43 AM

because the okw take no effort form the player at all compare to sov mortar that have a range nad a unit is needed to do so, sov sniper need vet and ukf only trow flare on adjacent teritory not necesssarly the one you want to scout also this ability is sometime bugged and never lauch where okw just spend some ammo and get vison on any spot of the map for a faction that already have IR halftrack
14 Sep 2019, 02:42 AM

If you thing ukf early warning is a better version, why dont we swap these two?

Early warning only drop flare directly above the points that next to your font line, sometimes it light up a lot of thing, but if there are an uncaptured point, it dont work, and if i need sight on a howitzer built deep behind the line, early warning cant help, cause most of the case, axis player built their howitzer next the their base sector.

I dare say that Ukf have worst recon options among factions, early warning is buggy, air recon from command vehicle only fly around the vehicle at range and can be shoot down, recon sweep from air landing officer required to vet him up and be in range to use, also easy to be shoot down. Meanwhile, all other factions have 1 click recon everywhere they want. Talking of "better version", you can find a 10 time better version of UKF's early warning in Ovewatch doctrine, which also belong to OKW.

Soviet flare actually required an unit to be in range to use.

All other recon ability come in form of a plane flying around, which is counterable. Recon flare is 1 click sight everywhere, uncountable, cheap, last long and short cooldown, aka a nobrainer.
14 Sep 2019, 03:31 AM

Maybe at your level it's possible to get a sniper close enough uncontested to flare an enemy arty but for the rest of that have moved beyond easy bots being able to provide uncounterable recon anywhere any time with a single click is a big deal...
14 Sep 2019, 13:00 PM

This thread is about flares in general, not just specops flares

It makes little sense for a flare to provide much of anything in broad daylight
14 Sep 2019, 13:29 PM

Make flares give the same pseudo vision that IRHT gives...
All problems fixed.

Damn, even OKW arty flare gets normalized with it, no Acc bonus for indirect fire neither skillshots.
14 Sep 2019, 14:13 PM

This thread is about flares in general, not just specops flares

It makes little sense for a flare to provide much of anything in broad daylight

I'm fine with that. But everyone that quoted me in that tread except you think otherwise I guess.
14 Sep 2019, 14:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2019, 14:13 PMJilet

I'm fine with that. But everyone that quoted me in that tread except you think otherwise I guess.

Well specops flares are the best so I think that's the reason for the focus on them. There's no restriction to where you can use them

14 Sep 2019, 15:07 PM

Well specops flares are the best so I think that's the reason for the focus on them. There's no restriction to where you can use them

Thats the whole point of the ability...
14 Sep 2019, 15:41 PM

Actually thatss the point of it and why it occupies a doctrine slot. That doctrine also does not have a off-map unlike its UKF counterpart. Its retarded agreed but if SpecOps flares will be touched than other flares should be touched too IMO.
14 Sep 2019, 15:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2019, 15:41 PMJilet

Actually thatss the point of it and why it occupies a doctrine slot. That doctrine also does not have a off-map unlike its UKF counterpart. Its retarded agreed but if SpecOps flares will be touched than other flares should be touched too IMO.

I disagree. Other flares don't need to be changed because arty flares need changed because other flares are not the problem. Other flares need an entire unit somewhat close to what you want to flare, arty flares needs you to be able to click twice. It's not necessarily the mechanic of flares that's the issue but the application. The only other flare abilities that isn't tied to a unit are brit ones that they don't actually have control over its location which do a great deal to lessen their impact.
14 Sep 2019, 16:57 PM

I disagree. Other flares don't need to be changed because arty flares need changed because other flares are not the problem. Other flares need an entire unit somewhat close to what you want to flare, arty flares needs you to be able to click twice. It's not necessarily the mechanic of flares that's the issue but the application. The only other flare abilities that isn't tied to a unit are brit ones that they don't actually have control over its location which do a great deal to lessen their impact.

It gives the WHOLE GOD DAMN FRONTLINE and that doctrine also has shitloads of arti + offmap.
14 Sep 2019, 17:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Sep 2019, 16:57 PMJilet

It gives the WHOLE GOD DAMN FRONTLINE and that doctrine also has shitloads of arti + offmap.

Who need to light up the whole god damm frontline if what i need is to gain sight on a god damm howitzer in your god damm base's door. And early warning is buggy as fuck because if there are an uncaptured point in the line, it dont fucking work.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★