Login

russian armor

Thoughts on OKWs Flak Half Track

PAGES (7)down
16 Sep 2019, 11:14 AM

Ok, so just refuse to learn and keep making balance threads on COH2.org hoping the balance team will help you win.

No, that is not the point.

I do not mind if you show me a replay, it is always nice to watch but I that am just stating an obvious issue.

Med base, what is really only good for in 1v1 is mostly mortars and rushing last base. FHT is very situational.

OKW has a tech issue unlike other factions except SU T2 also but it is just Maxim which should too be fixed.

OKW has FHT (nerfed, liability in many situations) and Infrared Halftrack (OP in team games and useless in 1v1). All being situational and sometimes not viable at all. 1v1 is definitely situational and Infrared not being viable at all since you waste AI and AT capabilities for nothing. FHT can feel like that too sometimes. Depends on how often you sustain damage, what you are against. Many to take into consideration.

I am open for improvements, vids, replays etc. Improvements are my only intentions for this game as well as for other factions. There is really nothing of importance to state really the wrongness in WEHR, USF and UKF which I believe in a better and viable support without having any real nerfed units.

OKW (mostly the whole med base tech) and SU (Conscripts and T2 Maxim) are the only ones I see having issues. Due to some elements being in a bad and nerfed spot.

This is a nerfed unit that needs to be made stronger and be more viable. Viability is my point.
16 Sep 2019, 11:36 AM

This is a nerfed unit that needs to be made stronger and be more viable. Viability is my point.

You’re completely off on your argument. The unit itself is good and can tilt a game decisively in 1v1s especially vs soviet T1 builds that lack AT guns early. If you’re having trouble vs clown cars just put units around the HT. You should have a snare with BGHQ up. The taketen is also 55 range now so it should help you better.

The main issue is that Mech HQ completely overshadows the BGHQ. Why would I spend fuel on the flak ht when I can get a luchs&puma combo that’s gonna carry me until I can get the Panther/Cmd Panther out? There’s even a Stuka HT if my opponent blobs support weapons to counter my inf. You can’t make the flak HT more giable by buffing it. The only thing you can do is put a strong vehicle in BGHQ to make the FlakHT&Unit 2 combo viable vs Luchs&Puma.
16 Sep 2019, 12:41 PM

You’re completely off on your argument. The unit itself is good and can tilt a game decisively in 1v1s especially vs soviet T1 builds that lack AT guns early. If you’re having trouble vs clown cars just put units around the HT. You should have a snare with BGHQ up. The taketen is also 55 range now so it should help you better.

The main issue is that Mech HQ completely overshadows the BGHQ. Why would I spend fuel on the flak ht when I can get a luchs&puma combo that’s gonna carry me until I can get the Panther/Cmd Panther out? There’s even a Stuka HT if my opponent blobs support weapons to counter my inf. You can’t make the flak HT more giable by buffing it. The only thing you can do is put a strong vehicle in BGHQ to make the FlakHT&Unit 2 combo viable vs Luchs&Puma.

That is not it the the reason why it is even overshadowed. You got it all wrong.

It is due to its performance because it is underwhelming.

Luchs on its own stands far better than FHT for just a price difference in 5 to 10 fuel or any other light vehicle for that matter.

FHT suppression is not that great nor can it even hit consistently.

It is vulnerable, meager and above all cost inefficient.

Putting FHT in mechanized will make it much more useless since everyone would rush Luchs in med and dominate the field.

FHT will still be ignored. HOW DOES THIS EVEN HELP???

The only worth then going for Mech is Puma and Walking Stuka. FHT would be a waste.

Literally the same thing as doing SU T3 Halftrack AA. None uses it since it is not viable due to its later timing though it is better than FHT, it is vulnerable and cost inefficient as hell.

It does not fix anything. In fact you will just make things worse. Worse state of balance and gameplay. No improvements.

This is really a bad idea.

Make FHT so it stands out like the USF AA Halftrack or even as well as the Luchs. That is what it needs in order to be not overshadowed.

It is all due to performance and its strengths. Not timing, not placement. It is performance mainly, plain and simple.

Lol, bad idea imo.
16 Sep 2019, 13:03 PM

bla bla

You are super stubborn and clearly don't use your flak HT as a support to your inf, or your army composition/positioning is bad, or you misuse it some other way if it has to solo M20 etc. Blvckdream and I both gave you advice on when it's best to use it. Surprisingly enough, we both gave you the same advice, which would suggest it's not just an opinion of an individual but a common knowledge.

Please, show some humility and practise more with it, it's a synergy weapon. Your faust platform and Spios should always be somewhere around to give it a quick repair or snare enemy lights. You can also use it as a bait for stuart or T70 if you have rak/mines around. Flak HT struggles most when enemy has AT gun or AEC, this is why it's most useful vs SOV T1 and USF LT opening, both of which are good vs OKW.
16 Sep 2019, 13:07 PM

That is not it the the reason why it is even overshadowed. You got it all wrong.

It is due to its performance because it is underwhelming.

Luchs on its own stands far better than FHT for just a price difference in 5 to 10 fuel or any other light vehicle for that matter.

FHT suppression is not that great nor can it even hit consistently.

It is vulnerable, meager and above all cost inefficient.

Putting FHT in mechanized will make it much more useless since everyone would rush Luchs in med and dominate the field.

FHT will still be ignored. HOW DOES THIS EVEN HELP???

The only worth then going for Mech is Puma and Walking Stuka. FHT would be a waste.

Literally the same thing as doing SU T3 Halftrack AA. None uses it since it is not viable due to its later timing though it is better than FHT, it is vulnerable and cost inefficient as hell.

It does not fix anything. In fact you will just make things worse. Worse state of balance and gameplay. No improvements.

This is really a bad idea.

Make FHT so it stands out like the USF AA Halftrack or even as well as the Luchs. That is what it needs in order to be not overshadowed.

It is all due to performance and its strengths. Not timing, not placement. It is performance mainly, plain and simple.

Lol, bad idea imo.

Can you actually read? Where did I suggest putting the flak HT on mechanized? A couple pages back I suggested putting the Jagdpanzer 38 on the BGHQ as the best solution, to make it a choice between BGHQ and MechHQ same as Soviet T1 vs T2.

As for then flak HT there is only one solution for you: git gud
16 Sep 2019, 13:16 PM

You are super stubborn and clearly don't use your flak HT as a support to your inf, or your army composition/positioning is bad, or you misuse it some other way if it has to solo M20 etc. Blvckdream and I both gave you advice on when it's best to use it. Surprisingly enough, we both gave you the same advice, which would suggest it's not just an opinion of an individual but a common knowledge.

Please, show some humility and practise more with it, it's a synergy weapon. Your faust platform and Spios should always be somewhere around to give it a quick repair or snare enemy lights. You can also use it as a bait for stuart or T70 if you have rak/mines around. Flak HT struggles most when enemy has AT gun or AEC, this is why it's most useful vs SOV T1 and USF LT opening, both of which are good vs OKW.

You are block-headed, you dont read the messages and understand what the intended message is. Dont ignore and create some bullshit that does not make sense or does not even follow up.

I use it that way and have been, using it as a support unit. I am stating its performance wise as I had always mentioned, not how to use it.

It is not meant to solo. It is meant to support which it does NOT seem to provide as much as it should.
16 Sep 2019, 13:20 PM

Can you actually read? Where did I suggest putting the flak HT on mechanized? A couple pages back I suggested putting the Jagdpanzer 38 on the BGHQ as the best solution, to make it a choice between BGHQ and MechHQ same as Soviet T1 vs T2.

As for then flak HT there is only one solution for you: git gud

As you stated.

"The only thing you can do is put a strong vehicle in BGHQ to make the FlakHT&Unit 2 combo viable vs Luchs&Puma."

Cuz that is how you intended the message. Combo FHT with Puma instead. Definitely not FHT & Luchs as a combo, would not make sense.

Otherwise what other unit are you referencing as a "Unit 2" combo.

What other unit can you combo, duh.
16 Sep 2019, 13:22 PM

As you stated.

"The only thing you can do is put a strong vehicle in BGHQ to make the FlakHT&Unit 2 combo viable vs Luchs&Puma."

What other unit can you combo, duh.

Well FlakHT&Unit 2 vs Luchs&Puma obviously means any unit other than Luchs&Puma, which could be any light vehicle or Ostheer light vehicle. Stuka HT, Opel Blitz, 222, 250, 251, Jagdpanzer 38 are all possibilities.
16 Sep 2019, 13:30 PM

Well FlakHT&Unit 2 vs Luchs&Puma obviously means any unit other than Luchs&Puma, which could be any light vehicle or Ostheer light vehicle. Stuka HT, Opel Blitz, 222, 250, 251, Jagdpanzer 38 are all possibilities.

Definitely wont be much a combo with any of those mentioned units except Jagdpanzer but it would be mostly likely be unbalanced a unit to add in addition.

Maybe combo 250.

or

Just replace OKW FHT with Osteehr 250 Halftrack doctrinal. It does a better job anyway even in suppressing. Plays more a supportive role and is definitely much more viable.
16 Sep 2019, 13:39 PM

Definitely wont be much a combo with any of those mentioned units except Jagdpanzer but it would be mostly likely be unbalanced a unit to add in addition.

Maybe combo 250.

or

Just replace OKW FHT with Osteehr 250 Halftrack doctrinal. It does a better job anyway even in suppressing. Plays more a supportive role and is definitely much more viable.

Jagdpanzer 38 plus FlakHT plus Leig would synergize perfectly.

Flak HT provides mobile suppression and flank support.

Jagdpanzer 38 is fast to reposition and fire on light vehicles, while also having camouflage. It zones out T70s and protects the flak HT.

Leigs punish players who go hard on support weapons to zone out your vehicles.
16 Sep 2019, 13:45 PM

Jagdpanzer 38 plus FlakHT plus Leig would synergize perfectly.

Flak HT provides mobile suppression and flank support.

Jagdpanzer 38 is fast to reposition and fire on light vehicles, while also having camouflage. It zones out T70s and protects the flak HT.

Leigs punish players who go hard on support weapons to zone out your vehicles.

Would you not say that Jagdpanzer is too early. It just the same as getting early an SU 85.

It would counter every enemy lights and wont give them much a chance use them at all effectively.

Renders every allied lights as useless.

16 Sep 2019, 14:07 PM

Would you not say that Jagdpanzer is too early. It just the same as getting early an SU 85.

It would counter every enemy lights and wont give them much a chance use them at all effectively.

Renders every allied lights as useless.

Does the Puma render them useless? If not why would the Jagdpanzer 38? It’s not a SU85, it has lower damage, pen and range (I think range). It’s
Iike a Puma, except it trades mobility and stun shot for range and camouflage.
16 Sep 2019, 15:53 PM

Does the Puma render them useless? If not why would the Jagdpanzer 38? It’s not a SU85, it has lower damage, pen and range (I think range). It’s
Iike a Puma, except it trades mobility and stun shot for range and camouflage.

I see. That would be a nice idea.

Jagdpanzer 38 (also known as "Hetzer") would be a nice vehicle to have as a combo. Replace the IHT.

Would be a good combo.

Hetzer should be something alike SU-76.
18 Sep 2019, 04:00 AM

You are block-headed, you dont read the messages and understand what the intended message is. Dont ignore and create some bullshit that does not make sense or does not even follow up.

I use it that way and have been, using it as a support unit. I am stating its performance wise as I had always mentioned, not how to use it.

It is not meant to solo. It is meant to support which it does NOT seem to provide as much as it should.

This is 2nd highest ranked 2v2 game going on as 2xOKW Battlegruppe vs USF LT+CPT and SOV T1. As you can see, both flak HT of purple and red player are doing well with 1 being vet 4 and 27 kills and the other vet 5, 47 kills. High kill numbers in just under 24min game show that there is nothing wrong with this unit, it's rather an issue of SOV not backteching to zis gun. This is why what I'm saying is not "some bullshit", as you describe it, but an advice that you continue to reject and that was also given to you by Blvckdream. Each of these players also had a raketen nearby their flak HT, etc.

I don't feel like there is anything left to discuss in this topic.
18 Sep 2019, 12:07 PM

It only achieves kills as you see now when it only starts to acquire Vet 2.

Anything before that is simply not good because it takes a good long while before even Vet 2 is acquired.

Vet 2 simply enables the unit to perform better and more consistently from an underwhelming state.

Vet 2 provides the damage which it lacks from the beginning, suppression which it also lacks in the beginning and accuracy which it also lacks in the beginning. Check the stats.

It is an underwhelming unit from the start, only good when Vet otherwise not so good.

It can definitely be good when used correctly in team games but how often does that even happen in contrast to using Luchs for instance.

As I have said good in team games but sucks in 1v1 for 1 very strong reason. Not enough area to cover nor to support properly. That is when FHT fails.
18 Sep 2019, 23:42 PM

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/479646624

Watch Pauladsic use the FHT or simply watch the whole game. It arrives 41:42

My summary is simple. It was ineffective and it costed him the game.

Damage was meager, kills were impossible to achieve and vet even.

Played against SU.

T70 acquired Vet 1 faster and came later by 2-3 min than FHT arrived. Check 45:34.

T70 has kills while FHT had 0 (zero) although FHT was there longer. FHT is a joke.

FHT has zero real ground or area denial in comparison to T70 which can deal with infantry far better.

T70 denys ground and manpower. FHT cant do either properly, not one even properly.

FHT its first kill 47:12. It takes roughly 6 minutes to even get a kill while T70 can already achieve that upon arrival and even deny ground more successfully.

In T70 is a T70 in T3 but how about FHT is a FHT. T70 is good and FHT is crap.

T70 got roughly around 4 times the amount of kills which FHT could ever achieve. T70 could push 2-3 times more efficiently in engagments in contrast. Most of all, it does even more damage overall. Watch the game to see.

There is even another clip in the replays OKW Pauladsic vs SU Jove. FHT was also useless. Both guys are around top 10.

How long does it take for anyone to even realise that FHT is actually complete shit. Click retreat, no mp drain.

FHT is terrible. Particularly even in 1v1.

PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS