Login

russian armor

Moving the Camera, Micro Best Practices

21 Aug 2019, 23:47 PM

I think something not much discussed is how you move the camera, select and move your units around.

I started playing around with the middle mouse button for panning instead of going to the edge of the screen, and using the tac map a little with a new side mouse button. I use the minimap tons, but i just realized like yesterday you can drag the camera everywhere instead of just cliking.

Does anybody else have experience learning these tools or have any other Tips? I have...a lot of hours in game but I'm hoping investing a little in building new habits will pay dividends.
21 Aug 2019, 23:52 PM

Rebind middle mouse button to space bar. opie opie
WeX
22 Aug 2019, 04:18 AM

I find that just keeping an eye on the banners on the top right, and then double clicking on them is quiet fast - It allows you to quickly flash to a unit without having to go to Tac-Map, but you do lose a bit of strategic vision.
22 Aug 2019, 04:28 AM

Play in windowed-mode, so edge-scrolling doesn't work; use the arrow keys instead :hyper:

Really though, I just rely heavily on clicking/dragging on the mini-map. That and double-pressing control groups to focus on them.
22 Aug 2019, 07:58 AM

22 Aug 2019, 08:57 AM

Rebind middle mouse button to space bar. opie opie

yes. i do this also.
22 Aug 2019, 09:27 AM

double-pressing control groups to focus on them.

This mostly.
22 Aug 2019, 14:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Custom keybinding with grid hotkeys.

ASDW as pseudo arrow keys and tact map rebind on the mouse.
22 Aug 2019, 15:21 PM

Spacebar sounds like something I should Try, I do use control groups for all my infantry, but I think I need to scrap like 4,5,6,9(mouse button 2) to use for vehicles once i get them, or at guns which i always seem to a move into the enemy on prioritize vehicle :oops:

I tried gridkey's twice and totally got the hang of it, but could never get over the retreat button being shared with reverse so I switched back. Mistakes are less punishing when you try to retreat your vehicle or reverse your infantry :romeoPro:. Maybe rebinding would help with that one, but I think they would still be shared wherever I placed it. I do find that default hotkeys are not too bad. The only mistakes i make with great frequency are pressing N or M and often that is because I forget what the right button is for a grenade. (Sometimes E, sometimes n, sometimes M). That and picking the wrong build menu on engies/pios.

The tac map seems great in 1v1 too, but in 4v4 sometimes it looks like all my units are stacked on top of each other. Quite useful for seeing how your allies are doing on the other side of the map though without scrolling over.
22 Aug 2019, 17:06 PM

Login change my page :(
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight