Login

russian armor

Assault Grenadier Spam

16 Aug 2019, 16:38 PM

Seriously, how do you beat this as USF? They tear up rifles, they run straight through HMGs, they get free grenades. I can't see a way to beat a half competent Ost player that uses them.
16 Aug 2019, 16:43 PM

Free grenades? Run through mgs? Man can I get those ass grenns?
16 Aug 2019, 16:48 PM

Free grenades? Run through mgs? Man can I get those ass grenns?

Great reply, troll.

Yes, their grenades need no tech and they can use sprint to easily avoid HMG.
16 Aug 2019, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 16:48 PMZugZug

Great reply, troll.

Yes, their grenades need no tech and they can use sprint to easily avoid HMG.

And you only have an mg, that is not supported by other units? Ah so no tech grenades are "free" now? Great, then shock trooper grenades are free too? Good!
16 Aug 2019, 16:57 PM

Please don't reply to this thread if you can't be constructive.

Take your issues elsewhere, troll. No one wants your bulls*** on here.
17 Aug 2019, 10:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

And you only have an mg, that is not supported by other units? Ah so no tech grenades are "free" now? Great, then shock trooper grenades are free too? Good!

If you thought about it for just one second, you might have found out that the "free grenades" was meant as "no tech". I assume that was too much to ask from you. Better start trolling new forum members and then make lopsided comparisons. Great stuff mate. I'll remind you of that next time you complain about the CoH2 player base being too small.

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 16:38 PMZugZug
Seriously, how do you beat this as USF? They tear up rifles, they run straight through HMGs, they get free grenades. I can't see a way to beat a half competent Ost player that uses them.

Alright, on a serious note:
I've also had problems as USF against this tactic. not sure what the best thing to do is. AA Halftrack maybe if you make it that far probably. Haven't tried an early BAR upgrade yet, could be a decent idea as well.
Mortar or other indirect won't help you much. MGs only in small corridors. And I think you mostly have to ignore the CQC parts of the map until the mid game. USF is a tough one against Assault Grenadiere, but maybe the balancing of the next patch might change a bit here.
17 Aug 2019, 13:03 PM

If you thought about it for just one second, you might have found out that the "free grenades" was meant as "no tech". I assume that was too much to ask from you. Better start trolling new forum members and then make lopsided comparisons. Great stuff mate. I'll remind you of that next time you complain about the CoH2 player base being too small.

If you actually read my response, you see I refer to free being no teching involved as you stated yourself, thus shock troops have free nades too. Don't come here and ramble on to me about trolling when I replied fully to your comment.
17 Aug 2019, 13:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

If you actually read my response, you see I refer to free being no teching involved as you stated yourself, thus shock troops have free nades too. Don't come here and ramble on to me about trolling when I replied fully to your comment.

You're missing the point. I fully understood your comment. You know, you could have asked for what exactly he meant with "free" or just accept the fact that a probably new player was not super specific in his wording. You also did not adress his question with a single serious word. Just mockery.
You know, you could have been helpful instead.
Disappointing.

Now, before this gets further derailed, let's get back to topic. Write me a PM if you really want to drag this on further.
17 Aug 2019, 14:26 PM

You're missing the point. I fully understood your comment. You know, you could have asked for what exactly he meant with "free" or just accept the fact that a probably new player was not super specific in his wording. You also did not adress his question with a single serious word. Just mockery.
You know, you could have been helpful instead.
Disappointing.

Now, before this gets further derailed, let's get back to topic. Write me a PM if you really want to drag this on further.

Fair enough.
17 Aug 2019, 21:23 PM

Go LT and go M20 (AssGrens can't do anything to it) and .50s cals, that usually works for me, specially if you can handle out some Zooks to fend off 222s, depending on how it's going you can go Captain for ATGs for the Prostwind that is being rushed behind this tactic or get Shermans if you could hold onto your fuel.

17 Aug 2019, 22:50 PM

Go LT and go M20 (AssGrens can't do anything to it) and .50s cals, that usually works for me, specially if you can handle out some Zooks to fend off 222s, depending on how it's going you can go Captain for ATGs for the Prostwind that is being rushed behind this tactic or get Shermans if you could hold onto your fuel.

It can be a good trick to swap the M20 crew with your Rear Echelon squad and use the bazooka on the M20 crew and the one on the Lieutenant to ambush a 222 if he gives chase to your M20. He will assume that your M20 crew is in the M20 itself, for obvious reasons. Don’t forget to lay mines, especially if you have a commander with Riflemen field defenses or Assault Engineers.

For that matter, Assault Engineers can be a good counter to Assault Grenadiers. Depending on the map, you can plant a few mines with them to counter 222s and stop charging Assault Grenadiers. Just use your Assault Engineers conservatively and use them to back up your Riflemen and Rear Echelon troops against charging Assault Grenadiers. Just be careful to not be lured into charging into Grenadiers who may be backed by Assault Grenadiers the same way.
18 Aug 2019, 00:38 AM

Wow, nice way to treat someone new asking for help. Hurr durr allies get free grenades too reee.

It's not even the same faction he was asking for help with. Shocks have nothing to do with USF lol.

I find AAHT to be a good choice against builds with lots of assault grenadiers, since they'll oftentimes back it up with schreck pgrens since they know they have no fausts, but schrecks don't do very well against the AAHT if you micro it well since they'll get suppressed before they can fire. Like Sidaroth said M20 can be a good choice too, but I prefer AAHT since it'll fend off the schrecks too and you also get access to AT guns, so it's the much safer option. That being said if I go LT I'll usually go airborne company so I have access to AT guns, and that's great for this scenario too since you'll get paras and either kind (1919s or thompsons) tears up assault grenadiers with good micro. Also, I like mixing a pathfinder into my early game build too since they seem to be a bit of a force multiplier for your rifles. In case you didn't know they have 2 scoped rifles that don't have a ton of DPS but are very accurate and will "snipe" infantry models under a certain health threshold (IIRC it's 40%) and kill them instantly. They also have 2 carbines that are 1-1 superior to riflemen garands and have a really long sight range that's useful for finding mg42s or even just infantry and stuff, but are squishier and more expensive to reinforce than rifles and get no abilities beyond beacon planting.
18 Aug 2019, 01:19 AM

Like LoopDloop said, Paratroopers with Thompsons are a very strong counter to Assault Grenadiers, but you’ll have to survive long enough to get them. Just like Assault Engineers though you’ll want to be careful to not charge into a trap. Thompsons have good mid range power compared to other SMGs so you can afford to keep your distance against Assault Grenadiers and let them come to you.
19 Aug 2019, 14:47 PM

and have a really long sight range that's useful

this is the best part, get your pathfinders to Vet 1 and than crew your .50 cal. It'll have a huge sight range and can suprress infantry from further than they can see you :).
19 Aug 2019, 14:52 PM

this is the best part, get your pathfinders to Vet 1 and than crew your .50 cal. It'll have a huge sight range and can suprress infantry from further than they can see you :).

The models crewing the .50 cal will have the stats of vet 0 Pathfinders, so getting your Pathfinders to vet 1 before recrewing is not necessary.
19 Aug 2019, 14:57 PM

M20 rush or Cav riflemen from mech doc
that can upgrade thompsons early
3 Oct 2019, 12:40 PM

Armor Doctrine, Assault Engineers, have a rifleman back them up. Bleed them heavily. Done.
26 Dec 2019, 17:44 PM

Sooo...back to this thread after losing (again) to this ridiculous doctrine. Ostheer low rank player goes Ass Gren, mg, then four more assault grens.
I get my center defense up with an emplacement with mg and a second mg for the flankers. In between I go two rifles, a Pathfinder and drop in 1 airborne.

Ass grens capture both wide cap points and we contest the center cap while we each hold our own fuels. He then brings a halftrack and clown cars my Center mgs which draws in my airborne and Lt just to hold mid.

At this point I need an ambulance to heal my bleed but damage is about equal on both sides. I am behind on resources so I skip light vehicles , zook up the Lt. and go Capt for the AT.

In 15 minutes the first Pz IV arrives and solidifies his hold on the two flanks and starts rushing my fuel with ass gren pairs. I get damage on the first Pz IV but can’t kill it. I need to tech my weapon rack but lack resources since Ostheer is clearly racing to Tier III.

He rolls a second Pz IV to destroy my mid and base rape me for game over. I have seen so many variations of this as a USF player I’m giving up on them for a while. I was a 50% winner but recently I’m down about 20 games from .500

I play Soviets rarely but win half my games vs Wehr without really knowing build orders, etc. Somethings wrong with USF IMHO...

I read all the suggestions below but AA halftrack sucks a bag of rocks as one Pz gren with AT knocks it out rather easily...It’s hard to get 100% efficiency with it.
26 Dec 2019, 17:49 PM

Nothing’s wrong with USF, you’re just not good at it.

Buffed riflemen tear down Assgrens with ease. Assgrens are not viable vs usf. You’re just facing better players.
26 Dec 2019, 18:30 PM

Sooo...back to this thread after losing (again) to this ridiculous doctrine. Ostheer low rank player goes Ass Gren, mg, then four more assault grens.
I get my center defense up with an emplacement with mg and a second mg for the flankers. In between I go two rifles, a Pathfinder and drop in 1 airborne.

Ass grens capture both wide cap points and we contest the center cap while we each hold our own fuels. He then brings a halftrack and clown cars my Center mgs which draws in my airborne and Lt just to hold mid.

Just go to assault enges or mechanized company with mg-jeep and cavalry. Also, if you not in cover and want to fight in open place 1 squad vs 1 assgren with sprint...better forget about it. Retreat or kite or hide in building (if you have somewhere near another squad to help), reorganize troops.

At this point I need an ambulance to heal my bleed but damage is about equal on both sides. I am behind on resources so I skip light vehicles , zook up the Lt. and go Capt for the AT.

In 15 minutes the first Pz IV arrives and solidifies his hold on the two flanks and starts rushing my fuel with ass gren pairs. I get damage on the first Pz IV but can’t kill it. I need to tech my weapon rack but lack resources since Ostheer is clearly racing to Tier III.

15 minute is very close to gold standart of arriving for 1-st p4. If he want to rush to T3 without T1 and T2, you could see p4 on 11-12 minute. Ostwind could be 1 minute sooner.
In that case, go to captain, build ATG. If you have doctrine with LMG upgrade for rifles, it help you a lot in fight against assgrens and pgrens, while ATG can keep at bay any medium armor.

He rolls a second Pz IV to destroy my mid and base rape me for game over. I have seen so many variations of this as a USF player I’m giving up on them for a while. I was a 50% winner but recently I’m down about 20 games from .500

I play Soviets rarely but win half my games vs Wehr without really knowing build orders, etc. Somethings wrong with USF IMHO...

I read all the suggestions below but AA halftrack sucks a bag of rocks as one Pz gren with AT knocks it out rather easily...It’s hard to get 100% efficiency with it.

Build 2-nd ATG. Build pak-howi to bleed mgs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★