Login

russian armor

Gamescom - Sega revealing new AAA game

15 Aug 2019, 23:17 PM
Patrion 310

Sega is revealing a new AAA title at Gamescom
Live announcements from Geoff Keighley, Canadian video game journalist and presenter:

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/1158741623200600064
Geoff Keighley
@geoffkeighley
More than 15 game publishers will premiere new content and make announcements during
@gamescom Opening Night Live. An exciting show is coming together for Monday, August 19! Hope you get to tune in and watch the stream!

Sega is Revealing a New AAA Game at Gamescom:
https://www.dualshockers.com/sega-reveal-new-aaa-game-at-gamescom/:
This morning, Sega announced its upcoming plans for Gamescom which takes place later this month in Germany. While most of what the publisher will be bringing to the convention is to be expected, there was one teaser for an upcoming announcement that stood out.

Sega said via press release today that it will be announcing a new game later this month. It says that this is “an all-new AAA game that has yet to be revealed to the public.” For those that attend Gamescom, Sega also confirmed that this new mystery title will be available at the company’s booth alongside Catherine: Full Body, Two Point Hospital for consoles, and the SEGA Mega Drive Mini.

Gamescom Opening Conference With Numerous Surprises and Announcements:
https://www.gamepressure.com/newsroom/gamescom-opening-conference-with-numerous-surprises-and-announcem/zcf33
The upcoming gamescom fair will be full of surprises and announcements. There will be fifteen big publishers who will show their games during a special conference. Among them will be Sega, which is to present a completely new AAA title, as well as Sony with the next presentation of Death Stranding.

The upcoming gamescom fair, which will start on August 19 and will traditionally take place in the German city of Cologne, might just have a chance to surpass this year's E3. On the opening day of the event, its organizers intend to organize a special conference, broadcast live (starting at 11am PST), during which numerous surprises and announcements are awaiting the players. The event will be hosted by Geoff Keighley, a well-known presenter and professional journalist. Keighley has just published on Twitter a list of fifteen publishers/developers whose games and projects will be shown during the event. The companies are: 2K Games, Activision, Bandai Namco Entertainment, Bungie, Capcom, Electronic Arts, Epic Games, Google with Stadia, Koch Media / Deep Silver, Private Division, Sega, Square Enix, Sony, THQ Nordic, Ubisoft and Microsoft.

Sega is revealing a new AAA title at Gamescom, but what is it?:
https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/sega-revealing-new-aaa-title-gamescom-3928592
It’s just a few weeks until Gamescom 2019, and as a result we’re starting to get a glimpse at what we might see at the huge gaming event in Cologne.

Today, Sega announced that it had a new triple-A title to show at Gamescom, but they didn’t hint at what we might expect from the title. In fact, the only thing we do know is that it won’t be a new title from Horsham-based developers Creative Assembly, putting a pin in my desperate hope of an Alien: Isolation sequel.

Lead community manager Grace Carroll confirmed it wasn’t a Creative Assembly game on Reddit which means — in real terms — that there’s no new Total War game coming, but also that we won’t be seeing the new game from the Alien: Isolation team, which is reportedly a hero shooter.

Chances are, we’ll see Sega’s new game shown off during the Geoff Keighley hosted Opening Night Live event going ahead at Gamescom. Looking at Sega’s first party studios and engaging some heavy guesswork, i’d My gut says it’s more likely to be a title from Relic Entertainment or Amplitude Studios. Relic are currently working on Age of Empires IV with Microsoft, but Amplitude Studios have just released Love Thyself.

Basically, we don’t really know. Both Relic and Amplitude have been quiet in terms of output recently, and Sports Interactive keep themselves busy with yearly iterations of the Football Manager franchise.

Reddit:
Sega announces Gamescom 2019 lineup, including unannounced AAA title
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/cmrchb/sega_announces_gamescom_2019_lineup_including/
https://gematsu.com/2019/08/sega-announces-gamescom-2019-lineup-including-unannounced-aaa-title

Most likely a new Relic or Amplitude game.
According to job listings/LinkedIn sources Relic has two development teams and plans for a third which could be CoH3?.
Amplitude has outsourced Endless Space 2 expansion to the NGD team
https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/blogs/697-thank-you-for-your-contributions
https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/endless-space-2/blogs/665-the-future-of-endless-space-2-a-new-faction-with-old-friends

What are Amplitude working on?
https://www.reddit.com/r/EndlessSpace/comments/cmouvg/endless_space_2_future_roadmap/
D-AlonsoSariego
They said something about an rts or turn-based strategy game that takes place on the endless universe in one of their streams
https://www.games2gether.com/amplitude-studios/games2gether/blogs/695
Join us for a cold one in Cologne!
August 22nd
GamesCom is right around the corner, so it's time for another Beer2Gether! Come meet the team and chat over drinks (alcoholic or not) and snacks!

15 Aug 2019, 23:32 PM

Seems a little early to announce for Coh3 in the development cycle, nevertheless any relic game made with care would be an exciting holdover. Thanks for the post
16 Aug 2019, 01:11 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Seems a little early to announce for Coh3 in the development cycle, nevertheless any relic game made with care would be an exciting holdover. Thanks for the post

DoW 3 came out over 2 years ago now.

We know that team is working on something....
16 Aug 2019, 01:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 01:11 AMTobis

I agree they could be working on it, but I would expect 2-4 years til we play it considering AOE is still under development.I didn't think studios would announce that far out...but then again its been ages since AOE 4 was announced and it's been dead silent since then.
16 Aug 2019, 05:02 AM
Donator 22

Is it this iPad thing?
https://twitter.com/feralgames/status/1161940823208026113

Is this even new? Is it real?
I never heard about it before.
Is there something to see?

[Edit: best link so far seems pockettacktics: https://www.pockettactics.com/articles/company-of-heroes-ipad/
16 Aug 2019, 07:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 01:11 AMTobis

I hope you're right. Remember the questionnaire Relic send us in 2017? Preproduction of COH3 started in my opinion already with that. They could announce it now with a possible release date in late 2020. At least i hope so...
16 Aug 2019, 09:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 07:11 AMSmartie

I hope you're right. Remember the questionnaire Relic send us in 2017? Preproduction of COH3 started in my opinion already with that. They could announce it now with a possible release date in late 2020. At least i hope so...

You think 3 years of development is enough? I certainly hope so. Btw when was AoE4 announced again? I'm not sure that they can do both with so many veterans leaving as well as their team numbers. Sounds pretty optimistic to me to juggle 2 triple A projects like that and them coming out good.
16 Aug 2019, 10:00 AM

You think 3 years of development is enough? I certainly hope so. Btw when was AoE4 announced again? I'm not sure that they can do both with so many veterans leaving as well as their team numbers. Sounds pretty optimistic to me to juggle 2 triple A projects like that and them coming out good.

The realist in me says that you are 100% right and we should not expect an announcement of COH3 from Gamescom. But there are also many games that get revealed very early - AoE4 is a god example or "Ghost of Tsushima". Maybe Microsoft gives additional ressources to RELIC- COH3 would be a good addition to Microsoft's Project xCloud as an exclusive.

16 Aug 2019, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 10:00 AMSmartie

The realist in me says that you are 100% right and we should not expect an announcement of COH3 from Gamescom. But there are also many games that get revealed very early - AoE4 is a god example or "Ghost of Tsushima". Maybe Microsoft gives additional ressources to RELIC- COH3 would be a good addition to Microsoft's Project xCloud as an exclusive.

Nah I'm not saying that, nor do I care about any announcement or fancy teaser trailer like for DoW3.

All I want is an actually good game that doesn't have pay to win DLC, also good campaigns if possible. I still replay CoH's campaigns from time to time because they were godly made, their cinematics were also well done.
16 Aug 2019, 14:07 PM

They are spending considerable more attention to CoH2, so it could be CoH3. But I doubt it.
16 Aug 2019, 19:19 PM

Probably not CoH3 - Sega teaser site

A trademark for "Humankind" was filed back in April.
18 Aug 2019, 07:25 AM

Thx NoktDraz,

at least we get infos about Age of Empires (4?).

Monday, August 19th @ 17:00 CEST / 8 a.m. PT please tune in to http://mixer.com/xbox for some exciting #AgeofEmpires news! More details about us at #Gamescom2019 are here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2019/08/14/gamescom-2019-new-inside-xbox/ … Stay tuned with us on social media as well, much more to come! See you Monday!

https://twitter.com/search?q=gamescom+2019&ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Esearch
18 Aug 2019, 09:32 AM

dow3 new dlc plz
18 Aug 2019, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 09:32 AMblancat
dow3 new dlc plz

What for? The game is very bad, it died in less than a year, not because the fans are haters. But because the game is objective is very bad.
18 Aug 2019, 10:03 AM

What for? The game is very bad, it died in less than a year, not because the fans are haters. But because the game is objective is very bad.

dow3 have some problems but it can be solved

dow1 and dow2 were also bad games at first, but they became good games through dlc

dow3 was an experimental challenge during the decline of RTS and was undervalued

Why should relic make it similar to a game with fewer than 500 concurrent users?

Would you really be if you were a game developer?

The biggest problem with dow3 is that Relic abandoned the game too soon for AOE4
18 Aug 2019, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Aug 2019, 10:03 AMblancat

dow3 have some problems but it can be solved

dow1 and dow2 were also bad games at first, but they became good games through dlc

dow3 was an experimental challenge during the decline of RTS and was undervalued

Why should relic make it similar to a game with fewer than 500 concurrent users?

Would you really be if you were a game developer?

The biggest problem with dow3 is that Relic abandoned the game too soon for AOE4

DoW and CoH would have been never been so critically acclaimed and spawned games after them if they were as bad as DoW3 when they first came out, and yes I know they weren't so bad, or CoH at least since I played it back in 2006.

DoW3 just came out dead even after people warned and told Relic to not keep the mechanics that were being identified as troublesome but they preferred not to listen and thus doomed their game, they had ample time to make the changes to the cover system, hero units and so forth.

I can't comment on either DoW or DoW2 as I didn't played them on their release.

DoW3 in my opinion was just a badly designed attempt at a cash grab from MOBA playing children but they also included RTS elements in order to appease their fan base so it was basically a compromise, a bad one at that.

It's still possible to fix the game through some sort of DLC or huge, game fixing update, similar to what the No Man's Sky devs did, but it will take a lot of time, effort and resources as well as manpower, obviously, and I don't think Relic want/can do that right now but I hope they come back to it and fix the game one day, even if it's after AoE4 or something.
18 Aug 2019, 17:40 PM

DoW and CoH would have been never been so critically acclaimed and spawned games after them if they were as bad as DoW3 when they first came out, and yes I know they weren't so bad, or CoH at least since I played it back in 2006.

DoW3 just came out dead even after people warned and told Relic to not keep the mechanics that were being identified as troublesome but they preferred not to listen and thus doomed their game, they had ample time to make the changes to the cover system, hero units and so forth.

I can't comment on either DoW or DoW2 as I didn't played them on their release.

DoW3 in my opinion was just a badly designed attempt at a cash grab from MOBA playing children but they also included RTS elements in order to appease their fan base so it was basically a compromise, a bad one at that.

It's still possible to fix the game through some sort of DLC or huge, game fixing update, similar to what the No Man's Sky devs did, but it will take a lot of time, effort and resources as well as manpower, obviously, and I don't think Relic want/can do that right now but I hope they come back to it and fix the game one day, even if it's after AoE4 or something.

A return to DoW3 is pointless. Returning to an existing game is impractical, even if the game was successful and popular. That's why it’s easier to make a new part of the game than to go back to the existing one. And returning to a bad, unpopular and poorly selling game is just crazy.

My main indignation here is that the game died in less than a year, but the remaining three and a half players were not even left with modding tools so that they could create interesting mods with new factions and fix the existing one.

The same applies to CoH2.
18 Aug 2019, 19:32 PM

A return to DoW3 is pointless. Returning to an existing game is impractical, even if the game was successful and popular. That's why it’s easier to make a new part of the game than to go back to the existing one. And returning to a bad, unpopular and poorly selling game is just crazy.

My main indignation here is that the game died in less than a year, but the remaining three and a half players were not even left with modding tools so that they could create interesting mods with new factions and fix the existing one.

The same applies to CoH2.

And what about No Man's Sky then? They somehow magically made a 180 degree turn with that game even tho the devs at first received death threats, called worst devs ever and the game same thing and just large money grab. And now they're praising the dev team's names on billboards and stuff.
18 Aug 2019, 19:41 PM

And what about No Man's Sky then? They somehow magically made a 180 degree turn with that game even tho the devs at first received death threats, called worst devs ever and the game same thing and just large money grab. And now they're praising the dev team's names on billboards and stuff.

Reputation cleaning, if they left everything as happened with No Man's Sky: No Man's Sky was recognized as the lowest Steam user rating among AAA projects: the overall rating of positive reviews was 30%, and 30 days before October 11 - 12 % No one would just buy their next game.
18 Aug 2019, 21:06 PM

Reputation cleaning, if they left everything as happened with No Man's Sky: No Man's Sky was recognized as the lowest Steam user rating among AAA projects: the overall rating of positive reviews was 30%, and 30 days before October 11 - 12 % No one would just buy their next game.

I've never heard of the devs before and I doubt they couldn't just make a new company and just severe all ties with the game or their previous company name. It's what the Chinese are basically doing to advertise stolen real game footage as other games, they're throw away companies that the Chinese legal system allows without repercussions.

It could be just that simple human feeling called shame that made them think how they just simply robbed all of the people that believed in them and in their product. It's possible that there's a little part of humanity left in the nowadays developers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★