Login

russian armor

Airlanding Officer

14 Aug 2019, 15:04 PM

Any reason he really shouldn't have camo? He's already a weaker version of a commando squad with 4 men instead of 5, and commandos don't really have the RA to be charging around like rangers when they're 35 manpower to reinforce. I like vanguard regiment a lot, but I feel like the airlanding officer is kind of useless if you don't just give him brens and use the squad like a tommy section, but even then it's significantly more expensive to reinforce.

That or just give him rifles and make the squad basically tommies but that's so much more boring IMO. Like who wants to play with or against more infantry sections.
14 Aug 2019, 15:20 PM

Not sure about this but there is a worse issue:

The random chance of crashland, making the plane unable to use the FRP or produce units
14 Aug 2019, 15:20 PM

I don't want any more invisible squads running around on the map. Snipers, rakettens, commandoes, all enough. Remove it from all if you ask me.
14 Aug 2019, 15:56 PM

Any reason he really shouldn't have camo?

One word: Aura.

Heroic Charge + Camo is a bad idea.
14 Aug 2019, 16:29 PM

I agree that heroic charge and camo might be a bit of a weird combo.

The officer itself is in a bit of a weird place though as he is prohibitively expensive when combined with the plane and commando models are average units with excellent ambush abilities...that he does not have.

I think making the plane and him a little cheaper would be a good first step since he probably doesn't need camo in his role.

I think most officers are a bit outside the meta b/c they are slightly weaker than normal combat units. I think they should at least perform at level since they are limited to 1, doctrine specific and come later than regular infantry. They may boost allies by ~20% every fight they pay munis, but why not just get a squad 20% better in the first place.
14 Aug 2019, 16:30 PM

Yea I'm inclined to agree that camo and heroic charge would be disgusting. I mean it's already stupid strong unless I missed a nerf to it (sprint and most importantly - 75% target size, meaning vet 0 Tommies go from 0.8 target size to only 0.20) either way, officers don't duck so camo is right out
14 Aug 2019, 16:40 PM

One word: Aura.

Heroic Charge + Camo is a bad idea.

Yea I'm inclined to agree that camo and heroic charge would be disgusting. I mean it's already stupid strong unless I missed a nerf to it (sprint and most importantly - 75% target size, meaning vet 0 Tommies go from 0.8 target size to only 0.20) either way, officers don't duck so camo is right out

That's true. I think it got nerfed a while ago and it's not quite as OP (IIRC it's not -75% RA anymore lmao who ever thought that was a good idea) but it's still super strong.

Maybe change it to a cheaper all around 3 man utility squad like the US major and make commandos drop with the glider (that way you don't have to spend 500-something manpower on a squad that's not that useful for direct combat just to be able to make commandos later), and just make both units buildable from the glider.
14 Aug 2019, 16:46 PM

That's true. I think it got nerfed a while ago and it's not quite as OP (IIRC it's not -75% RA anymore lmao who ever thought that was a good idea) but it's still super strong.

Maybe change it to a cheaper all around 3 man utility squad like the US major and make commandos drop with the glider (that way you don't have to spend 500-something manpower on a squad that's not that useful for direct combat just to be able to make commandos later), and just make both units buildable from the glider.

Making them both buildable from the glider sounds good, players can choose how they want to use the ability,
14 Aug 2019, 17:30 PM

I think most officers are a bit outside the meta b/c they are slightly weaker than normal combat units. I think they should at least perform at level since they are limited to 1, doctrine specific and come later than regular infantry. They may boost allies by ~20% every fight they pay munis, but why not just get a squad 20% better in the first place.

This.

All doctrinal officers could get some tweaks so we can actually start seeing them ingame. Here are my ideas:

- Arty Officer. Strong abilities, but very inefficient as a combat unit. It could use Assault Grenadier reinforcement cost (30mp -> 26mp) and a better RA bonus with veterancy. Remove diversion if it makes the squad too strong after these changes.

- Sturmoffizier. Worst designed officer by far, needs a total rework IMO. Remove the permanent +9% accuracy aura, compensate by making his two abilities 25% cheaper. Remove nearby units retreating when the officer dies, allow the squad to gain veterancy, lower the reinforcement cost from a hilarious 35mp to something like 31mp and give the officer an STG (after all, the guy is an assault officer).

- NKVD officer. Its combat performance is fine, but the buff abilities are a total meme. It gives marginal combat improvements to a single unit on a doctrine that doesn't even have the option for elite infantry. I see no one bothering with it. Replace the two combat abilities with a timed aura buff, like the arty officer, or an ability that weakens an enemy squad, like the sturmoffizier. Make the new ability cost like 25-30 muni and remove the drawbacks.

- Airlanding Officer. Make it a call-in unit for 340 manpower and allow it to call-in the HQ command glider for 200 manpower, limited to 1 at a time. This would allow far more flexibility. Add a fifth men with veterancy. Possibly nerf the bonusses of battle cry, but make it last slighty longer and increase the radius a bit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★