Login

russian armor

RAKETENWERFER, Stay or Change. What say you?

Would you like to see changes for the Raketenwerfer? (If so, write what and why)
Option Distribution Votes
63%
13%
23%
Do you think it is good as it is? (If you want, write what and why please)
27%
63%
10%
Remove Camo and replace it for some other ability instead? (If yes, write what you would like to see instead)
10%
55%
34%
Remove Camo completely?
17%
70%
13%
Just improve its rate of fire without sacrificing penetration?
17%
76%
7%
Nerf Penetration for increased rate of fire
10%
87%
3%
Arrive later or keep its timing the same as it is?
25%
71%
4%
Improve its survivability, like giving it 5 man instead?
60%
37%
3%
Instead of giving 5th man, decrease their RA (received accuracy) instead?
32%
61%
7%
Improve its response time, to react faster than it does to shoot targets more quickly?
47%
47%
7%
Do you want changes in the range of the weapon, like improving its current range?
57%
32%
11%
Do you think it currently plays too much a recon rather than a proper AT support unit?
53%
30%
17%
Last one, Is it frustrating to use and do you even like the way it is currently?
30%
33%
37%
Total votes: 382
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
14 Aug 2019, 13:15 PM

Sorry about the immensive amount of questions, just would like to clearly see what you guys think and hopefully the Devs an idea of how we think the Rak is and how it should be.
Every Allied, Axis and Neutral Fanboys/girls are :welcome:

:hansRAGE:Raketenwerfer as many of you know has been an issue for quite a long time. It has not been dealt with properly as it is yet been clearly defined.

I feel its suits too much the recon role that it sacrifices a lot of AT potential, thus making it an overall unreliable AT support unit.

It can be frustrating since the feature of Camo that can move on mobile whilst in disguise for an AT support weapon is simply strong and unrealistic. Frustrating not only for Allies but also for the ones using it on the Axis side.:sibToxic:

Camo, I personally think it should be removed to fulfill a better AT role as it should. Since it fails to meet its class role or to even properly fulfill its AT role.

It has a huge problem in terms of survivability which makes it all the more unreliable.

Not only that its minimal range makes it extremely difficult to make follows-ups and place a second shot. It has a bad response time due to this issue, thus it makes an unreliable independent support weapon.

Range is the biggest factor as to making it a good support weapon because that is the period when it starts aiming. Its current window to aim is too short that its response time feels rather slow.

The fact its shorter than most, it can not live up properly as a decent support weapon. Ends ups always getting too close or too far. There never seems to be a right or suitable spot where it efficiently support.

Being currently forced to get close, meaning increasing its chances of losing Raketenwerfer because of its strong RA modifier. It's chances of dying is increased simulatenously, thus making it nearly a useless weapon to use.

Scaling makes this the worst AT support weapon as it becomes more and more vulnerable, not to indirect fire only but to stronger tanks it can not even handle properly. It dies too easily in my opinion.

It is simply the most stupid unit to play with and against. This is my opinion though I believe some you might feel the same/similar way or otherwise.

Feel free to give your comments and your opinions. I do hope that it will changed because I am really tired of the way it currently functions.

I think it really needs some changes, nerfs and buffs. To improve the gameplay overall.

Anyway, I will leave up to you guys to decide!:wave:

14 Aug 2019, 13:18 PM

the rak is both frustrating to use and to fight against...

on one hand its useless as a lone AT gun as it pretty much melts to a medium under a few hits

on the other if you get two of em you can easily hunt down and kill mediums abusing that retarded camo system...

i suggest the rak be reworked into a proper AT gun... a pak 38 with USF AT gun stats + TWP or some other ability available at vet 0...
14 Aug 2019, 13:28 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Poll count D: but yeah it's frustrating. I'd like changes but idk if they're even considering it on the balance team. :/
14 Aug 2019, 13:45 PM

Poll count D: but yeah it's frustrating. I'd like changes but idk if they're even considering it on the balance team. :/

I really hope they do though. Is it not what most people in this community want.

Change the Raketenwerfer if I am not mistaken?

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 13:18 PMgbem
the rak is both frustrating to use and to fight against...

on one hand its useless as a lone AT gun as it pretty much melts to a medium under a few hits

on the other if you get two of em you can easily hunt down and kill mediums abusing that retarded camo system...

i suggest the rak be reworked into a proper AT gun... a pak 38 with USF AT gun stats + TWP or some other ability available at vet 0...

I feel you also.
14 Aug 2019, 13:59 PM

ohh and never trust poll results... note how many axis noobs voted the MG-42 as the worst MG ingame... kinda proving how much bias exists in the forums...
14 Aug 2019, 14:02 PM

Give it a range extending ability, move camo to vet 1 or 2 and make it reduce vision.
14 Aug 2019, 14:06 PM

that wont solve the "made of swiss cheese" problem... just replace it with a downsized pak 40 model and call it the pak 38
14 Aug 2019, 14:10 PM

Make it 5 men. Make it camo when stationary only. Fixed.
14 Aug 2019, 14:23 PM

Maybe 5 men squad with in cover camo?
14 Aug 2019, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 13:59 PMgbem
ohh and never trust poll results... note how many axis noobs voted the MG-42 as the worst MG ingame... kinda proving how much bias exists in the forums...

That is unfortunately true. Especially some allied fanboys.

It would be great if many could come up with rational ideas and conclusions instead since these responses often bring better results for games.
______

Love all of your guys ideas so far! Very Rational
14 Aug 2019, 14:45 PM

That is unfortunately true. Especially some allied fanboys.

It would be great if many could come up with rational ideas and conclusions instead since these responses often bring better results for games.
______

Love all of your guys ideas so far! Very Rational

well its true theres fanboys on both sides... but it must be noted where the biases of the forums truly lie...

https://www.coh2.org/topic/92491/machine-guns

more people voted for the MG42 (the best axis machinegun) than the 50 cal (best allied machinegun) vickers or even the none option... only the maxim and MG34... the truly underperforming and meh machineguns respectively have higher counts than the MG42...

this is a ridiculous disproportion of bias in favor of axis....

that said... i wonder how a 5 man buff would be useful to the rakaten as opposed to a rework into a pak 38? it would still be made of swiss cheese with 1 model extra and still retain the slightly lower range ang ROF...
14 Aug 2019, 14:55 PM

That MG post, some decision were pretty irrational. I actually think that both MG34 and mostly Maxim should get some improvements.

Back to the topic:

I think changing it simply into a pak38 would simply fix the problem since Raketenwerfer is simply rubbish overall.

But I doubt that since they are not willing to add more units. I think the only alternative is to make changes on the Raketenwerfer. I mean who knows, possibly they have Pak38 in stock and could replace it. Hopefully.

Why I suggested 5 man is because of the fact they die rather easily, which is a huge problem.

They have to camo, in order to get close, and getting closer means increase substantially their overall received accuracy. They already have the worst RA modifier meaning they will die the fastest.

Really the worst support AT weapon designed in game.

How crazy is that. It needs either a replacement or a complete revamp because it is simply poorly designed.
14 Aug 2019, 15:07 PM

I think camo on the move should be taken out for all units.

The raketen got much better after the last changes they did to it (IIRC, they eliminated some of the colliding with terrain). However, I still have times when a vehicle will drive through a large part of the firing arc and the raketen won't fire. I don't know what stat affects this but I'd rather have it improved than getting a 5th man.
14 Aug 2019, 15:17 PM

5 men crew

Faster reaction time

No movement while cloaked
14 Aug 2019, 15:22 PM

Just give a pak 40 or 38 and call it a day. This thing will never work.
14 Aug 2019, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Aug 2019, 15:07 PMGrumpy
I think camo on the move should be taken out for all units.

The raketen got much better after the last changes they did to it (IIRC, they eliminated some of the colliding with terrain). However, I still have times when a vehicle will drive through a large part of the firing arc and the raketen won't fire. I don't know what stat affects this but I'd rather have it improved than getting a 5th man.

You do make a point about rather getting the Rak to actually shoot or even react properly instead of getting 5th man.

I have been experiencing that already too many times to even keep track of it.

The arc Range I think and Width improvements might even help contribute into solving this issue since Raks is totally limited.

Could explain why it has those kinds of problems.
14 Aug 2019, 16:17 PM

usf at gun clone with soviet camo SPEED and first shoot out of stealth+ 200% pen and acc
14 Aug 2019, 16:25 PM

The M42 model can be used and just called a Pak 36, it's stats will be those of the Pak 38 and it could gain the ability to also either garrison as shown here (made possible by Sneakeye):

Or fire a special raketen style projectile called the Stielgranate 41 for extra damage or something as a Vet 1 ability:

I'm also for camo but only when stationary, it just doesn't make sense for something like that to be able to move while camoed, infantry yes, but team weapons no.

Also retreat won't be needed since it won't be so squishy anymore.
14 Aug 2019, 16:28 PM

I've said it before, but change the camo from predator camo to ambush camo and give it buffs there. Increased range, increased accuracy ect when attacking out of camo. Add a 5th man and put it up to 300~ mp PR Remo e retreatand increase range natively but creeping death still has to go regardless
14 Aug 2019, 22:36 PM

usf at gun clone with soviet camo SPEED and first shoot out of stealth+ 200% pen and acc

I would vetlock some of that since the USF AT gun has to pay for APCR
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS