Login

russian armor

StuG life not viable

PAGES (12)down
13 Aug 2019, 12:49 PM

ohh i just tested it on cheatmods... when tested vs a conscript squad at minimum range the katyusha wipes at the 3rd to 4th salvo... the panzerwerfer is an instant wipe at the same range...
13 Aug 2019, 12:58 PM

o yea 1 test surely is enough to prove ur point, hey yesterday i tested CE vs ober they won once , does that make them OP ? don't worry about showing the actual photage u have to TRUST ME :romeoHype:

btw as i already explained kat will better with stationary target and team weapons as they take time to relocate and will generally take 3/4 salvo before they can run

pwefer is better vs blobbed inf, that's why it has suppression

and the kat has much more range too, so stop with " IT'S BETTER THAN KAT" they have different roles

edit: and here is something u can test ur self with no need for many tries, first fire the pwefer then fire the kat, u will actually see that even when u use the kat after the pwefer the salvo will only come down after the second salvo of the kat , so u technically have more time to move with pwefer than kat even if it fires them all together
i believe it's due of the fire aim time being 1,5 second vs the 0,13 of the kat and the actual missile speed + angle being much slower and stepper so the missile of the wefer come down later than the kat second salvo

btw can we turn back on topic ? i know u like to dearly everything but this is like the fourth thread u derail, its about the stug here
13 Aug 2019, 13:24 PM

test them yourself then and see how quickly the panzerwerfer wipes compared to the katy...
13 Aug 2019, 13:26 PM

i did .... by the time the pwefer missile land kat already wipes .... thanks to the faster firing time....
now can u stop with ur nonsense and get back on topic please ?
13 Aug 2019, 13:28 PM

i did .... by the time the pwefer missile land kat already wipes .... thanks to the faster firing time....
now can u stop with ur nonsense and get back on topic please ?

did you test it on a conscript squad? because the katy on my end would only get wipes at the 3rd to 4th volley... never gotten a first volley wipe unless u intentionally clump up my infantry which would inflict bias to the results
13 Aug 2019, 13:31 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2019, 13:28 PMgbem

did you test it on a conscript squad? because the katy on my end would only get wipes at the 3rd to 4th volley... never gotten a first volley wipe unless u intentionally clump up my infantry which would inflict bias to the results
by the second volley it killed volks , u can test ur self take a volks a pwefer and a kat, make the volks enemy make the pwefer and the kat fire at the same squad, the kat will kill volks or leave it 10% hp before the pwefer rickets actually lands
13 Aug 2019, 13:39 PM

by the second volley it killed volks , u can test ur self take a volks a pwefer and a kat, make the volks enemy make the pwefer and the kat fire at the same squad, the kat will kill volks or leave it 10% hp before the pwefer rickets actually lands

not for a conscript... on my end the first barrage leaves between 2 to 4 men...

and i recommend to test them out on different targets in order to do a proper MTTK... panzerwerfer 90% reliably kills on the first volley (9 out of 10 tests)... katy takes between the 2nd volley to the 4th volley to do a full wipe

also i have screenies of one of my tests but no ways to upload it
13 Aug 2019, 13:59 PM

Yes but if the second volley comes before the first volley of the pwefer , then it’s the same , or better for the Kat as the first volley will be impossible to doge unlike pwefer
13 Aug 2019, 14:08 PM

out of 5 katy tests volks seem to survive till the 3rd salvo 3 times... it must be noted that conscripts instead survive till the 4th salvo 4 out of 5 times... id guess the 6th man makes it more hardy to rocket barrages...

another quirk ive noticed is that if a piece of cover is placed near the barrage zone the units automatically run out of the barrage and into cover... this of course lessens the effect of the katy

either ways my testing seems to conclude

1. the panzerwerfer is much more consistent at dealing damage and wiping... consistently killing every volley
2. the katyusha lands its rockets a bit quicker but wipes arent a guarantee
3. the panzerwerfer does take more time to land... soo a micro god might be able to run away fast enough to prevent a wipe... on the other hand its quite difficult to doge the first volley of the katyusha
4. in turn however the first volley isnt really likely to produce wipes... the panzerwerfer is much better off at wiping if the enemy decides not to move...

conclusions
1. at high level 1v1 play id surmise the katy may have the advantage being much more difficult to doge even for a micro god... yes it may be alot less consistent but at least it hits

2. at lower level 1v1 play the panzerwerfer is the clear choice capable of wiping an unattended blob with consistency and ease

3. at wiping weapon teams the panzerwerfer leaves no window for escape... shells land faster than u can pack up and run... and is prolly the superior choice here

4. at area denial the katyusha is the superior choice capable of denying

everything changes in teamgames though

1. in most cases micro is saturated soo hard by the amount of things going on that paying attention to a specific sound might be difficult

2. in teamgames eventually somebody`s gonna fuck up and that pwerfer is going to get a sweet sweet blobwipe

3. though a katy may hit its target more consistently its a bit less damaging than a panzerwerfer

this means that for a regular pub teamgame the panzerwerfer is superior... the same gamemode where durable AI is kinda needed

but in a 1v1 tourney the katy is superior... its a bit of a lesser niche soo its prolly still an argument to the panzerwerfer being better... but id rather put it as the katyusha being more situational than the panzerwerfer...
13 Aug 2019, 14:51 PM

Did u forget team weapons need time to pack up ? They will eat all 4 volley of the kat cause they need to repack, while u can try to dodge the pwefer if u ear it
(Example : at gun hears kat, it kill 1 of the drivers and repack, with the wefer u can maybe get out in 3 seconds)

and again u are completely ignoring the range advantage

btw u say situational but i saw kat every game in the tournament and in team games normaly

calling an unti used 100% of the times situational is a bit of a stretch , hell i see less pwefer than kat
13 Aug 2019, 15:19 PM

delete
13 Aug 2019, 16:47 PM

Katitof, be polite and leave the community. Would be best for all of us.

Did you ever made something for the game, beside trolling and making the community salty?

13 Aug 2019, 19:43 PM

Did u forget team weapons need time to pack up ? They will eat all 4 volley of the kat cause they need to repack, while u can try to dodge the pwefer if u ear it
(Example : at gun hears kat, it kill 1 of the drivers and repack, with the wefer u can maybe get out in 3 seconds)

btw u say situational but i saw kat every game in the tournament and in team games normaly

calling an unti used 100% of the times situational is a bit of a stretch , hell i see less pwefer than kat

AT guns are terrible example, because its one unit that gets more wipes then any other unit in game from literally all sources. You could use the exact same argument to say conscripts are as strong as obers, because both will stop ATG from retreating if they are in range by forcing crew to repick it all the time until its dead.
13 Aug 2019, 19:53 PM

a moratr an mg they still need to pack up
13 Aug 2019, 20:06 PM

And talking about Walking Stuka. That is an absolute shit unit in game because of its enormous predictability. That unit is just a wailing siren (so that every can hear it loud and clear) and the fact that it takes a long 5 seconds before it arrives on impact, makes it a complete disaster. Why Relic.

It is only useful against those who take long to repack meaning only versus support weapons. Overall, it is a real shit/worst investment compared to either Katusha and Panzerwerfer.

I really disagree with Greyshotproductions saying Walking Stuka being useful against blobs, lol. It is simply the easiest arty piece to counter.

I simply had way better chances with both Panzerwerfer and Katusha.

It does come early but does not make it all any good. Same goes for shitty Rak.
13 Aug 2019, 20:22 PM

And talking about Walking Stuka.
noooooo please stop this is about stug there are other thread @Gbem already derailed the thread enough by shifting it to soviet AI

13 Aug 2019, 20:33 PM

Back to the topic. I think STUG would be more viable if it had a special shell for penetrating heavier units.

It's current ability is useless it does half damage and hardly even stuns. Stuns enemy only for 2 seconds literally. Really no point in that.

The Pak 40 which has the same ability is way more efficient and defined. Since it does full damage and stuns better.

STUG needs a different ability, Penetration shell like what Jackson and Wolverine has to combat heavier armour.

There is currently no point in using STUG really. Just against mediums which is quite useless all in all. As a tank destroyer, it needs something to enhance its capabilities against heavier armour.

Then there would be more reason to use it. Same goes for Jagdpanzer which apparently has also a hard time against heavier vehicles.

Panther seems to always do a better job penetrating tanks than either of these 2.
13 Aug 2019, 20:34 PM

it does not stun anymore it just disable main gun for about 5 sec so a reload cycle

i think a timed range buff ability like the USF m57 AT gun would be better for it
13 Aug 2019, 21:10 PM

it does not stun anymore it just disable main gun for about 5 sec so a reload cycle

i think a timed range buff ability like the USF m57 AT gun would be better for it

IRC it depended from target - for mediums disable gun, for TD stun. Same mechanic as pak40 have.
13 Aug 2019, 21:14 PM

a weapon team packs up fully in the 2nd volley/around the time the werfer`s rockets land if the retreat order is made when the sound is heard

do you even play the game?

kats are used in 4v4s because the soviets dont have panzerwerfers... meanwhile in tourneys panzerwerfers arent used since wehr has the brummbar/ostwind

likewise in every 4v4 ever a panzerwerfer is a very very common sight...
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS