Login

russian armor

Feedback on UI changes of the game

12 May 2020, 15:37 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2020, 13:33 PMVipper
OKW and Ostheer seem to use the same icon for smoke pod when the abilities are different. Think one could remove the "eye" from ostheer ability since it provides less sight.

Correct me if i am wrong, they are the same on 90%, except mentioned sight
12 May 2020, 15:50 PM

Correct me if i am wrong, they are the same on 90%, except mentioned sight

they also come at different CP.

Actually I was mistaken the OKW use the reckon icon.

My suggestions would to have Ostheer with smoke without the "eye" and OKW with smokes and the eye.
12 May 2020, 16:05 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2020, 15:50 PMVipper

they also come at different CP.

Actually I was mistaken the OKW use the reckon icon.

My suggestions would to have Ostheer with smoke without the "eye" and OKW with smokes and the eye.

Well, if difference is really-really big. Can you provide stats for comparison?
I was suggesting to give them the same icon, because they used in the same way (recon + cover). Also, OKW has two doctrines with this ability, but with different icons.
12 May 2020, 16:22 PM

Well, if difference is really-really big. Can you provide stats for comparison?
I was suggesting to give them the same icon, because they used in the same way (recon + cover). Also, OKW has two doctrines with this ability, but with different icons.

OKW
"Stuka smoke reconnaissance"
Uses reconnaissance icon

CP 2 cost 40

Ostheer "Smoke bomb"
Uses smokes bomb icon + eye

CP 4 cost 40.

Actually it seems they patched the Ostheer one and currently provides similar vision.

Main difference is CP and icons both OKW are CP 2 luft is using reckon the grand is using smoke bombs, all Ostheer ones use smoke bombs.
21 May 2020, 09:43 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I was thinking about shells ability separation and would like to get some new ideas about it. As far as i see, all abilities can be separated on three types:
1. Switching
2. Timed
3. Single shot

The idea, which i got is pretty simple - add small indicator to the icons:
1. Switching
To icons for this type can be added small symbol, which also used for increased reload speed bulletins. Easy and fast.

Second variant will require more time and effor, and will continue the concept from these icons. The shell, which gonna be activated will be with color. This one will take more time and more difficult.

2. Timed
There is a symbol, which used for some icons. I think it's spick and span

3. Single shot
I don't have any ideas yet, but i think it can stay as it is, if other changes will be applied.

Though?
21 May 2020, 10:16 AM

Nice. I would also suggested that they are color coded for even easier distinction.

Especially HE and AP rounds. HE could have more red and AP more "steel" color.
23 May 2020, 15:20 PM

Since Ostruppen use a similar mechanism with UKF infatry maybe add the similar cover bonus icons to their portraits?
23 May 2020, 18:43 PM

the new ppsh icon for cons is an abdomination, liked the old one much more
23 May 2020, 18:58 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2020, 15:20 PMVipper
Since Ostruppen use a similar mechanism with UKF infatry maybe add the similar cover bonus icons to their portraits?

Maybe, but it's low priority. Osttruppen have all indicators and icon for UI indicator on the portrait is good enough to show increased accuracy.

the new ppsh icon for cons is an abdomination, liked the old one much more

Failed to see how old one is better than new one. It doesn't match with real and in-game PPSh-41 in any way, unlike the new one.

Real PPSh for comparison

23 May 2020, 20:20 PM

Maybe, but it's low priority. Osttruppen have all indicators and icon for UI indicator on the portrait is good enough to show increased accuracy.

Failed to see how old one is better than new one. It doesn't match with real and in-game PPSh-41 in any way, unlike the new one.

Real PPSh for comparison

Yea it more a consistency change and a way to get more info like you can get from UKF units.

I like new PPsh and SVT better actually.
23 May 2020, 20:21 PM

+1 for the new Soviet weapon icons, they're much better. Great job on those!
30 May 2020, 10:52 AM

all one has to add is the gray/color icon in the portrait similar to UKF infatry. It would make sense since they have a similar cover bonus mechanism
23 Jun 2020, 17:20 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As far as i see, the only new stuff in the last patch is these two icons:

Since they already were mentioned in the general winter 2020 patch, no no need to present them again.
26 Jun 2020, 10:09 AM

@Osinyagov

You have some great artwork here; some has made it into the game, but some has not - would you mind me using some of the unused assets in my own mod? You'd be credited, of course.
26 Jun 2020, 12:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

@Osinyagov

You have some great artwork here; some has made it into the game, but some has not - would you mind me using some of the unused assets in my own mod? You'd be credited, of course.

Actually, you don't have to credit me, since these assets were done for CoH 2 official patches. Also, not all of them mine, Kasarov and SneakEye are authors of these "packs" as well. :)
26 Jun 2020, 12:30 PM

Actually, you don't have to credit me, since these assets were done for CoH 2 official patches. Also, not all of them mine, Kasarov and SneakEye are authors of these "packs" as well. :)

Many thanks!
27 Jun 2020, 11:53 AM

@Osinyagov

Actually, there is a pretty large oversight you could correct, and I'm surprised this has never been fixed yet. I don't think I've even seen it pointed out.

The MG 34 has never had a portrait in the game. The 'light' hand-held version has one, but the normal tripod version never has.

Must be worth mentioning, as it's the only squad MG in the game that uses the incorrect portrait - IIRC it either uses the MG 42 portrait (which is another conversation!) or the 'light' version.

Ideally, an artist here could make a proper tripod version and submit it for inclusion.

Thanks.
28 Jun 2020, 18:21 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

@Osinyagov

Actually, there is a pretty large oversight you could correct, and I'm surprised this has never been fixed yet. I don't think I've even seen it pointed out.

The MG 34 has never had a portrait in the game. The 'light' hand-held version has one, but the normal tripod version never has.

Must be worth mentioning, as it's the only squad MG in the game that uses the incorrect portrait - IIRC it either uses the MG 42 portrait (which is another conversation!) or the 'light' version.

Ideally, an artist here could make a proper tripod version and submit it for inclusion.

Thanks.

Thank you, i was thinking about it too, and some ideas to try out, but can't promise anything.

If Relic announce QoL patch, like a lot of people asked for past weeks, this one will be in the list to do.

By the way, thank you again!
28 Jun 2020, 20:42 PM

Thank you, i was thinking about it too, and some ideas to try out, but can't promise anything.

If Relic announce QoL patch, like a lot of people asked for past weeks, this one will be in the list to do.

By the way, thank you again!

No problem - I really like what you guys are doing to improve the UI; It's something I did myself some years ago in my old mod, and am now picking up again now. I hope some more of your content gets into the game!
1 Mar 2021, 19:40 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Here is a new patch, with lots of changes to UI! I hope you liked them, but if you don't - feel free to leave your feedback here. I will try to attach the list of new assets for last patch here later.

Not all changes made it to the game, but i hope they will in the future.

Special thanks i want to say to SneakEye and Kasarov! Their help in assets creating and brainstorming is invaluable!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★