Login

russian armor

Playing against Ostheer

16 Jul 2019, 19:40 PM

Hey people, I've been trying to pick up 1v1 Soviets recently but I've been having huge problems with playing against Ostheer.

Whenever I go up against them I seem to face a wall of AssGrens backed up with an MG42 going for my cutoff. Going T1 seems to be absolutely useless as Penals get suppressed/killed with mp40s and scout car gets annihilated by a wall of assGrens or normal grens with fausts.

I may be trash at the game and my viewpoint could be absolutely wrong but I'd appreciate any advice regardless :).
16 Jul 2019, 20:07 PM

A replay would be useful.

Go to your documents -> my games -> coh2 -> playback, there will be a file called "temp" which is a replay of your latest game. Upload here on coh2.org in the "replays" section.
16 Jul 2019, 20:07 PM

If enemy go to your cuoff you can go to enemy cutoff. Assgrens don't have faust and very vulnerable against M3 with flame engeeners. Also try to use new soviet airborne commander, on 1 CP you could buy ppsh for 45 muni for your penals. It make assgrens less effective, because they will take more damage. When you got T-70 mg-42 and assgrens will become very weak.
Always lead to golden rule - if you weak don't go straight to enemy positions, go to another side (left or right).
16 Jul 2019, 20:44 PM

A replay would be useful.

Go to your documents -> my games -> coh2 -> playback, there will be a file called "temp" which is a replay of your latest game. Upload here on coh2.org in the "replays" section.

I've played a couple of games since then so I cannot do it right now, but I'll make sure to upload a replay if a game like that happens again.

The biggest problem early game in my eyes is that I have simply less infantry power than the Ostheer player. When I get my first penal the OH player has 1 gren, MG42 and pioneers when I only have 2 combat engineers (which are nowhere near as effective at combat as pioneers) and a penal squad.
By the time the scout car comes out the OH player is likely to have another squad of grens/AssGrens out to cover the MG. I feel that if I don't make a super effective play with the clown car I simply lose the game outright.
16 Jul 2019, 21:14 PM

Replay

Here's a replay from my last game. My micro wasn't really on point but what happened was the same old story.
I was struggling all game to keep my fuel connected and when pgrens + Ostwind came on the field I was out of options.

I'm quite new to soviets and I'm really out of ideas on how to deal with this.
16 Jul 2019, 21:16 PM

I've played a couple of games since then so I cannot do it right now, but I'll make sure to upload a replay if a game like that happens again.

The biggest problem early game in my eyes is that I have simply less infantry power than the Ostheer player. When I get my first penal the OH player has 1 gren, MG42 and pioneers when I only have 2 combat engineers (which are nowhere near as effective at combat as pioneers) and a penal squad.
By the time the scout car comes out the OH player is likely to have another squad of grens/AssGrens out to cover the MG. I feel that if I don't make a super effective play with the clown car I simply lose the game outright.

It's not wrong to go with 2 or even 3 penals before a scout car if your not getting enough impact from the early car. I would also recommend checking out some map guides such as This one by Jesulin If you improve your capping order and position your units correctly, you will put yourself in the best chance to win the first engagement. ex. penals coming from two angles, attacking where there will be green cover, using houses to scout or stall.
16 Jul 2019, 21:18 PM

It's not wrong to go with 2 or even 3 penals before a scout car if your not getting enough impact from the early car. I would also recommend checking out some map guides such as This one by Jesulin If you improve your capping order and position your units correctly, you will put yourself in the best chance to win the first engagement. ex. penals coming from two angles, attacking where there will be green cover, using houses to scout or stall.

I'll make sure to have a look, thank you.

I'm aware that I have much to learn and I guess that's why I'm here. :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS