Login

russian armor

Tiger Ace Skin

10 Jul 2019, 15:04 PM

The default tiger ace skin hurts my eyes, but I can't find any alternatives in the workshop. Can anyone suggest a solution for this?
10 Jul 2019, 15:07 PM

L2P :romeoHairDay:
10 Jul 2019, 15:17 PM

L2P :romeoHairDay:

Too much work. Next
10 Jul 2019, 15:22 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

How about this?
It is looks like vanilla CoH 2 skins, created by RitaRush and Stormless for KotH, but rejected to be added to the game for some reason.
10 Jul 2019, 15:54 PM

There's this, but it's for the default Tiger sadly: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=473762059&searchtext=Tiger+Ace

There's no way to force the Ace to use another skin unless it's with a tuning pack mod.

Relic in their infinite wisdom decided to not go with the community's wishes to replace the golden (piss) skin when they tweaked it.

But yeah that skin in my opinion is wayyyy better and even has the Tiger Ace icon on the turret, AND it was in the original CoH as well.

Plus Black looks better than Gold hands down.
10 Jul 2019, 16:25 PM

Relic in their infinite wisdom decided to not go with the community's wishes to replace the golden (piss) skin when they tweaked it.

With "the community" you mean a grand total of 63 voters of which 22 voted no anyway?
The Tiger Ace skin is Relic's artistical property, has a gameplay role as a very clear visual communication tool to players and is something people paid for on top of that. We couldn't just change that because some people think it's ugly.
10 Jul 2019, 16:42 PM

Tiger Ace skin sucks balls.
10 Jul 2019, 16:45 PM

How about this?
It is looks like vanilla CoH 2 skins, created by RitaRush and Stormless for KotH, but rejected to be added to the game for some reason.

OH MY GOD YEEEEEEEEEEEES
10 Jul 2019, 17:00 PM

With "the community" you mean a grand total of 63 voters of which 22 voted no anyway?
The Tiger Ace skin is Relic's artistical property, has a gameplay role as a very clear visual communication tool to players and is something people paid for on top of that. We couldn't just change that because some people think it's ugly.

If you want a poll I suggest you also make one on the Facebook page, Steam forums, CoH official Forums and so forth, or make it like the one for the commanders. The polls on here mean nothing when most people are just here to troll. If you want something more official, you ask the entire community.

Second, it looks weird, is ugly and apart from basically yelling "HEY I'M A SPECIAL TIGER!" means nothing. The black one is from CoH and looks wayyy cooler and communicates that it's in fact, the ace of aces because the unit icon is even printed on the turret top.

Third, never did I say that you were at fault, I said Relic, which I know are calling the shots. So I don't know why you always have to be so defensive thinking that whatever bad thing somebody says about the changes and balance or the lack thereof they mean the community team. I am well aware of who's pulling the strings.
10 Jul 2019, 17:24 PM

I don't need it to be officially changed, I'm just looking for a mod that changes what I see on my screen when I use it. Sounds like that doesn't exist.
10 Jul 2019, 18:23 PM

If you want a poll I suggest you also make one on the Facebook page, Steam forums, CoH official Forums and so forth, or make it like the one for the commanders. The polls on here mean nothing when most people are just here to troll. If you want something more official, you ask the entire community.

If you don't know what the community wants, and you're using nothing as evidence, then you shouldn't say the community wants a certain thing. You and others want it, and that's completely fine, but that doesn't mean everyone does. The poll I quoted confirmed that most people don't care, and that 1/3 of the people who bothered to vote voted "no", so there is nothing to indicate the community wants a different skin.

Third, never did I say that you were at fault, I said Relic, which I know are calling the shots. So I don't know why you always have to be so defensive thinking that whatever bad thing somebody says about the changes and balance or the lack thereof they mean the community team. I am well aware of who's pulling the strings.

For the record Relic never called this shot, because we never brought it up. I personally never brought it up for the reasons I stated above (which is why I explained them), because I don't think it's our job as a community balance team to mess with Relic's artistic assets. And Relic doesn't work on the game anymore, besides putting our balance suggestions in.

I don't need it to be officially changed, I'm just looking for a mod that changes what I see on my screen when I use it. Sounds like that doesn't exist.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think it's possible to change it for automatch because it uses a special skin.
10 Jul 2019, 18:42 PM

If you don't know what the community wants, and you're using nothing as evidence, then you shouldn't say the community wants a certain thing. You and others want it, and that's completely fine, but that doesn't mean everyone does. The poll I quoted confirmed that most people don't care, and that 1/3 of the people who bothered to vote voted "no", so there is nothing to indicate the community wants a different skin.

For the record Relic never called this shot, because we never brought it up. I personally never brought it up for the reasons I stated above (which is why I explained them), because I don't think it's our job as a community balance team to mess with Relic's artistic assets. And Relic doesn't work on the game anymore, besides putting our balance suggestions in.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't think it's possible to change it for automatch because it uses a special skin.

I know for certain that most people who DO care don't like the skin and want it replaced, like you've already stated that more people voted on here to replace it than not, for me personally preferably by the original one, but I don't really care at this point if it's just anything than golden (piss) yellow. Of course there's people that won't care, as with everything.

And if you want your indication for certain, instead of us just solely going over polls from here, then make a community wide poll about it similar to the commander votes, asking everybody. Then you will have your answer as to who wants a change and who doesn't care, and the 1% that actually likes the current skin.

I'd do it but I wouldn't be able to have as far as a reach as something posted by Relic themselves altho if you keep saying that you don't believe most people want it I might just do it and prove you wrong.
10 Jul 2019, 18:58 PM

I'm surprised how much attention this particular skin gets.

It's fine. I'd rather energy/time be spent on fixing bugs/mechanics/balance than the skin of a single doctrinal unit.

10 Jul 2019, 19:56 PM

I'm surprised how much attention this particular skin gets.

It's fine. I'd rather energy/time be spent on fixing bugs/mechanics/balance than the skin of a single doctrinal unit.

Because it doesn't take much effort to exchange a skin.
10 Jul 2019, 21:11 PM

I want a new ace skin. Those who voted no are probably trolls or alliebabies

I bet my balls that if a poll were made saying: change tiger ace skin and in return nerf it with less main gun power. All those 22 votes would say yes.

It is simply not logical to defend A rubber duck yellow tank skin
10 Jul 2019, 21:23 PM

I want a new ace skin. Those who voted no are probably trolls or alliebabies

I bet my balls that if a poll were made saying: change tiger ace skin and in return nerf it with less main gun power. All those 22 votes would say yes.

It is simply not logical to defend A rubber duck yellow tank skin

We need to be specific on what to change it to tho, it could go from yellow to brown if you know what I mean.
10 Jul 2019, 21:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2019, 19:56 PMFarlion

Because it doesn't take much effort to exchange a skin.

Eh, it's of no consequence to me.

I don't mind it if they do or don't -- I also wouldn't mind it if they just flagged it as a normal heavy so the heavy tank skins would apply too (the icon is already unique so it stands out regardless of what the skin is).
12 Jul 2019, 06:24 AM

I personally like the skin. Its quite suprising that this many people dislike it.
12 Jul 2019, 12:21 PM

I personally like the skin. Its quite suprising that this many people dislike it.

One of the reasons I like coh2 (and I don't think I'm alone) is the WW2 theme, and for me the tiger ace skin is like a 14 year old fortnite player got hold of a tiger tank.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★