Login

russian armor

Retail Animations/Animation Fix

1 Jul 2019, 21:38 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

As you might have seen while playing the game, the current state of the infantry animations is poor to say the least. It wasn't always like this, so today im giving you a (less buggy) glimpse into the past/a fix.

I dont plan to hold onto this for too long, so get it while its hot; Click Here!

This only works for single player/non-mp. It completely breaks the Brits, so dont use them. Read the Readme for the installation instructions and additional info.
2 Jul 2019, 20:04 PM

Wait so, these are the original vanilla animations back from 2013/2014 or something? Because it says retail, I'm guessing that's what it means.

Which is surprising, I thought that they "improved" them, especially the SMG wielding units after the British Forces.
3 Jul 2019, 04:24 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Wait so, these are the original vanilla animations back from 2013/2014 or something? Because it says retail, I'm guessing that's what it means.

Which is surprising, I thought that they "improved" them, especially the SMG wielding units after the British Forces.

Yeah, these are the original vanilla animations back from 2013/2014. The animations weren't improved after the British forces, they actually broke them instead. These animations have more cooldown animations, no movement bugs/slow-turning, and less buggy death animations (especially for on-fire deaths). I would provide a video comparison if I could, but I dont have the rig for it.
3 Jul 2019, 06:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2019, 04:24 AMLugie

Yeah, these are the original vanilla animations back from 2013/2014. The animations weren't improved after the British forces, they actually broke them instead. These animations have more cooldown animations, no movement bugs/slow-turning, and less buggy death animations (especially for on-fire deaths). I would provide a video comparison if I could, but I dont have the rig for it.

Interesting, I haven't tried them yet but I've saved the file to my dropbox, might also be able to help you with the comparison video when I get the time since I'm gonna be busy with work for at least 2 more days.
3 Jul 2019, 08:02 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Interesting, I haven't tried them yet but I've saved the file to my dropbox, might also be able to help you with the comparison video when I get the time since I'm gonna be busy with work for at least 2 more days.

Well if you ever get the time, and you want to do that, that'd be great! There's a few other things that I was planning to compare from CoH1, like fidget/flinch animations, squad-ai, and reaction behavior, before I found out that I can only record at 10 fps.
3 Jul 2019, 09:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2019, 08:02 AMLugie

Well if you ever get the time, and you want to do that, that'd be great! There's a few other things that I was planning to compare from CoH1, like fidget/flinch animations, squad-ai, and reaction behavior, before I found out that I can only record at 10 fps.

Wait, you want me to compare retail COH2 infantry animations with the new animations or CoH to CoH2 animations, or are you talking about entirely other comparisons? Sorry but I just kinda got confused.

And yeah dude I know your pain, I only recently got a rig capable of recording, before that I was in the same boat as well, that's why I wanna help you.
3 Jul 2019, 10:33 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Wait, you want me to compare retail COH2 infantry animations with the new animations or CoH to CoH2 animations, or are you talking about entirely other comparisons? Sorry but I just kinda got confused.

And yeah dude I know your pain, I only recently got a rig capable of recording, before that I was in the same boat as well, that's why I wanna help you.

Oh I meant the CoH1 Animations to CoH2. CoH2 has had a bit of a downgrade, and I was planning to show that in a video, comparing a normal infantry fight in coh1 vs coh2, and maybe some other stuff. Here's the list I wrote down;

11 Sep 2019, 10:33 AM

Assault Grenadiers running is buggy, the run so funny and unnatural.
11 Sep 2019, 20:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2019, 10:33 AMLugie
The back gunner cowers when he cant shoot (Jeep is driving away in combat).

This is used in CoH2 on the rare occasion a Kubelwagen or WC 51 get the Gun Destroyed critical.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★