Login

russian armor

Any suggestions for a panzerfusilier opening?

19 Jun 2019, 18:41 PM

I've been dicking around a bit with the new fusiliers after the latest patch. While they are good and versatile on paper I have a hard time´figuring out how best to use them in my build rather than just going volks as normal.

Do you guys have any suggestions on how, when and how many to get and when it's best to make this choice rather than something else?
20 Jun 2019, 09:08 AM

I started to play with them mostly after the latest patch with new commander and after some digging here i found a very good guide how to play with them and as OKW in general,here is the link i hope i helped ofc its for team stratefy but it will give you a idea https://www.coh2.org/guides/21675/okw-2v2-ranked-random-guide-the-carry
24 Jun 2019, 13:06 PM

I kind of like them as a shreckwreckers support unit. Volks with STG's are fine until Ober, in my opinion.
24 Jun 2019, 14:16 PM

My impression is that Fusies opening struggles in the early game where Volks do better DPS wise before G43s come online. I think if you want to do Fusies you need to play a bit more conservatively and support them with MG34 until they start to scale and pay off. Would be interesting to try a Mechanized Build where shreked Fusies could protect Luches against Stuart/AC.
24 Jun 2019, 19:13 PM

Seems like as Ethereal said, pfusies kind of struggle at first before they have g43s, but once they get them, they're definitely a lot stronger than volks. I guess you just have to play a bit more conservatively than usual if you're going to open with them, maybe just pick one side and stick to it to make sure you get some resources. Kubel might not be a bad idea to make up for some of that lost power too.
24 Jun 2019, 19:44 PM

At the moment I like to use them in tandem with Volks, Volks don't scale as well put have cheaper upgrades and are more cost-effective in the early-game. Fusiliers take some vet and upgrades to begin scaling well and have overall better combat vet in the mid to late game. Right now I opt for two Volks first to capture the map and follow up with Fusiliers to help deal with the UC, WC51, or M3.
11 Jul 2019, 22:18 PM

Volks are the best starting infantry in the game I don't even know what the point of PFs are except as a schrek blob
13 Jul 2019, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jul 2019, 22:18 PMCODGUY
Volks are the best starting infantry in the game I don't even know what the point of PFs are except as a schrek blob

6 man squad with G43 is quite useful, survives much longer when the indirect fire spam starts in 2v2 and above.

They also fire flares at vet 1 which is a good source of intel.
13 Jul 2019, 15:52 PM

My go-to build with pfuzils is quite strange, but it works.

Fuzils are rather weak at very beggining, withoud veterancy or upgrades. But they have a snare, and that is supereffective against brits with early UC/penal spammer from SU.

So, to compensate for bad scaling at start, i'm going in with double kubels. Together they have enough firepower to force greed-covered tommies to retreat.
And even if they will die eventually (managed to keep them alive whole game only one time), you can salvage them for fuel with your sturmpios.

so, buildorder is kubel -> kubel -> pfuzil X3 -> mech with repair upgrades, the rest is situational
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★