Login

russian armor

Commander Reworks

12 Jun 2019, 19:56 PM

We were able to vote on 2 commanders per faction, and in that selection process, it was mentioned that some are so bad that they should be left behind. I understand why they asked this, to cut down on work and make sure the result is as good as possible. But what about now? Let's talk about them.

I'd like to start with my suggestion for improving Defensive Tactics.
2 HM-38
2 M-42
3 Defensive Construction (PMD-6, Tank Traps, DShK Bunker)
5 Conscript Repair
12 Anti-Tank Overwatch Artillery
12 Jun 2019, 20:10 PM

There's a ton in the Soviet and Wehrmacht line-up that need to be reshuffled, or just outright scrapped.

The design philosophy of dozens of overlapping commanders to allow for "subtle customization" didn't work out, and the post WFA method of about 1 dozen commanders that are distinctly different and situationally useful is much better.

Worse yet, some of them are holding the real estate of potentially "good" ideas that are not executed well, and so they end up being doubly disappointing in that they not only do not work well but also stop the potential to come up with a better working version of it until a remix of it comes along.

I actually wish we _weren't_ getting new commanders and instead were reshuffling older ones. Oh well.

I'll start with one that should it be made, I'd actually play quite regularly in team games.

Soviet Tank Hunter Tactics.

Replace ML-20 with B-4.

I am a happy lad.

12 Jun 2019, 20:14 PM

For Wehrmacht, I think Festung Support could be made interesting with the simple addition of a Forward Headquarters. Likewise, add Fallschirmjägers to one of the Luftwaffe doctrines, slightly rework them and they'd be really interesting.

12 Jun 2019, 20:25 PM

From the real thing in the game are thematically related to defense:
- the concrete bunker (uses the German model) combined with a trench which conscripts can build

- ZIS-3 anti-tank position ability - shooting with sabotage rounds (British 17-pound position with ZIS-3)

- PMD-6 minefield or TM-39 mine (copies German Riegel Mine)

- This commander also needs an ability that spends ammunition - even having mined the entire map, the commander has nowhere to spend ammunition.
12 Jun 2019, 20:26 PM

What if Partisan tactics were reworked?

0CP - Radio Intercept
2CP - Sabotage enemy infrastructure “For 50 munitions an enemy point is disabled until an enemy unit walks into its circle.”
2CP - Partisan tank hunters “4 man partisan squad with 2 ptrs rifles and camouflage that can lay TM35 mines and throw standard AT grenade”
4CP - Designate partisan command building “For 200mp designate any building on the map as a partisan command building. All enemy units within 60m appear on minimap. Appears neutral until enemy unit is within 10m and can be reverted to neutral when enemy unit enters building”
9CP - Partisan aid package - 100 munitions. Area behind enemy lines spawns medic crates and for a short time units can reinforce with partisan units near that area.
12 Jun 2019, 20:59 PM

OKW Scavnge Doc
Ostwind—— replace by StumPantherIV
Thorough Salavge ——no need more time,and allowed Pioneer build cache

OKW FireStorm Doc
FlamePanzer return to call in,but need any two HQ deployed
Incendiary ammo——replace by 250 mortar HT
Supply truck——replace by Medic Truck
12 Jun 2019, 22:25 PM

There's a ton in the Soviet and Wehrmacht line-up that need to be reshuffled, or just outright scrapped.

The design philosophy of dozens of overlapping commanders to allow for "subtle customization" didn't work out, and the post WFA method of about 1 dozen commanders that are distinctly different and situationally useful is much better.

Worse yet, some of them are holding the real estate of potentially "good" ideas that are not executed well, and so they end up being doubly disappointing in that they not only do not work well but also stop the potential to come up with a better working version of it until a remix of it comes along.

I actually wish we _weren't_ getting new commanders and instead were reshuffling older ones. Oh well.

I'll start with one that should it be made, I'd actually play quite regularly in team games.

Replace ML-20 with B-4.

I am a happy lad.

They tested the b4 in that commander actually. It didn't suit the theme however because th b4 is a piece of shit that can't reliably hit the target meaning the enemy was less likley to dive for it meaning the ambush a themed abilities were pointless. The ml20 is consistent enough that the enemy wants to knock it out. The b4 CAN make or break the game of course but it's not as threatening because of its inconsistency.
12 Jun 2019, 23:59 PM

I 100000000000% disagree and was actively posting in favor of it when it was thrown out as an idea.

B4 also thematically fits the 'anti-tank' concept since it has the direct shot, and just does a better job of it overall.

Nevermind that multiple commanders have ML-20 but only 1 has the B4.

/shilling over
13 Jun 2019, 01:00 AM

As long as we're talking about B4:

580 damage from 640
crew stun for tanks
suppress within 20m, recovery time 8 sec
direct shot cost: 45
AoE radius 12 from 10
AoE dam 1/.25/.075 from 1/.15/.05
AoE dist 1/3.5/7.5 from 2.5/5/7.5
Reduce scatter by 50%
reload to 50 from 60

Available for testing in my mod
13 Jun 2019, 01:10 AM

Replace ML-20 with B-4.

I am a happy lad.

Yeah,too many ML20 for Soviet,I remember relic said they will replace some ML20 by B4 if we vote another new commander……So maybe next commander rework will do this?I guess……
13 Jun 2019, 06:49 AM

I 100000000000% disagree and was actively posting in favor of it when it was thrown out as an idea.

B4 also thematically fits the 'anti-tank' concept since it has the direct shot, and just does a better job of it overall.

Nevermind that multiple commanders have ML-20 but only 1 has the B4.

/shilling over

It suits thematically but not in gameplay because the b4 is a joke.
Direct fire is a vet ability that costs a massive 90mu and can miss! And even then the enemy has to be driving right at it or it won't fire as an example of how gutted the porr thing is

An overhauled B4 might be worth it but live b4 isn't.
13 Jun 2019, 16:12 PM

We can agree to disagree.

13 Jun 2019, 17:10 PM

For okw i think only scav doc requires complete revamp. Breaktrough reqires only sturmofficer changed, assault artillery made to be activated in other than sector (for example in ring like zeroing) and maybe small boost in breaktrough tactics like +20 suppression resistance.

Ost CAS or supply doctribe could be reworked to include some ground units, like falls or luftwaffe jägers (using pak crew skin) festung support could use buffs as well, changing it into more infatry focused or entirely arty focused.

13 Jun 2019, 17:59 PM

USF rifle company

field defense/ flare+sprint(delete penalty, 5sec)/ white phosphorus barrage/Ez 8(add HVAP)/ assault engineer(cant sprint)

USF tactical support

M1919a6/ air supply drop/ recon flight/ P-47 rocket strike / caliope
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight