Login

russian armor

All faction engineers upgrade additional man upgrade

9 May 2019, 12:09 PM

So I was thinking. In order to make the engineers used in some factions used more often for both combat and repair purposes. I was thinking of an upgrade which all can aquire. Since Brits already have to option to increase an additional man, why not other factions also.

USF
WEHR
SU
Will have the option to purchase for 30 ammo, +1 guy. USF potentially by vet 3, can get 6 man. Make SU and WEHR have better repairs and better combat engagements. Can get in the beginning

OKW Sturmpio will have also but it will cost them double. Becomes available after 1 base built the upgrade.

Even Brits but will cost them 45 ammo. Not until last base they can get the option. This will remove 1 slots of weapons they can carry and 1 will only be available. A Dilemma between more men or weapons held.

Potentially SU, WEHR and USF can already get 5 man engineer and pios in the beginning. This will help them further deal with their repair issues (SU, WEHR) and make them more viable for combat.
9 May 2019, 12:44 PM

Id rather make re:s just 5 man squad from the get go and change vet that gave bigger squad, so they could get more use as other than minesweeper only unit and occasional light at infantry
9 May 2019, 12:51 PM

30 ammo for a pioneer, 45 for a Royal Engineer? Seems arbitrarily harsh.

I also never want to see 5 man sturmpios, thanks.
9 May 2019, 13:18 PM

None of the WFA Engineers need this buff.

Pioneers and Combat Engineers could do with the Sturmpioneer's ability to stow their sweeper.
9 May 2019, 13:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 May 2019, 13:18 PMLago
None of the WFA Engineers need this buff.

Pioneers and Combat Engineers could do with the Sturmpioneer's ability to stow their sweeper.

I think that would be good.
9 May 2019, 13:33 PM

I would prefer that the Soviet engineers could buy PPSh-41 (compatible with a flamethrower), because the first echelon of engineers was used as the assault troops and most of them were armed with submachine guns.
9 May 2019, 13:33 PM

30 ammo for a pioneer, 45 for a Royal Engineer? Seems arbitrarily harsh.

I also never want to see 5 man sturmpios, thanks.

How about for Sturmpio, "Veteran Training". Shoots more consistently and accurately, a purchase vet bonus costing 60 ammo. Buys its way directly to Vet 2 (which provides those accuracy bonus as mentioned) since it vets one of the slowest. No additional man, would be strong maybe.

I think all engineers should be made more viable especially Sturmpio. Sturmpio drop relatively fast or do not seem to scale well in combat mid game. So it would not be actually a problem for them being 5 if that increases their chances of combat in mid game. It would cost more especially to refill. Instead of using Volks only.
9 May 2019, 13:35 PM

I would prefer that the Soviet engineers could buy PPSh-41 (compatible with a flamethrower), because the first echelon of engineers was used as the assault troops and most of them were armed with submachine guns.

Soviet engineers would be a nice change. How many PPSH, how much would it be?
9 May 2019, 13:39 PM

Soviet engineers would be a nice change. How many PPSH, how much would it be?

four PPSh-41, three with a flamethrower. I would suggest the same PPS-43 between the PPSh-41 and STG-44 for engineers and paratroopers, but we cannot have new models.
9 May 2019, 13:46 PM

four PPSh-41, three with a flamethrower. I would suggest the same PPS-43 between the PPSh-41 and STG-44 for engineers and paratroopers, but we cannot have new models.

"STG-44 for engineers and paratroopers".

Do you mean STG for Wehr pios or what do you mean by that?
9 May 2019, 13:49 PM

"STG-44 for engineers and paratroopers".

Do you mean STG for Wehr pios or what do you mean by that?

PPS-43 for Soviet paratroopers and engineers, weapons that would be intermediate characteristics between PPSh-41 and STG-44. As an option, give Soviet engineers two captured STG-44.
9 May 2019, 13:53 PM

PPS-43 for Soviet paratroopers and engineers, weapons that would be intermediate characteristics between PPSh-41 and STG-44. As an option, give Soviet engineers two captured STG-44.

Interesting. Maybe Pios should get an upgrade providing maybe 2 guys with STG 44.

What do you think about having 5 man for Engineers tough?
9 May 2019, 14:02 PM

Interesting. Maybe Pios should get an upgrade providing maybe 2 guys with STG 44.

What do you think about having 5 man for Engineers tough?

I think this is a good option. OKW engineers have four STG-44, British get 5 people but can buy any weapon. Wehrmacht engineer can get the 5th person with STG-44 as a sergeant. Soviet? Maybe 5 people and 2-3 PPSh-41 or SVT-40. Since there is no possibility of adding new models, I have no other options. PPS-43 would be appropriate for the Soviets.
9 May 2019, 14:10 PM

I think this is a good option. OKW engineers have four STG-44, British get 5 people but can buy any weapon. Wehrmacht engineer can get the 5th person with STG-44 as a sergeant. Soviet? Maybe 5 people and 2-3 PPSh-41 or SVT-40. Since there is no possibility of adding new models, I have no other options. PPS-43 would be appropriate for the Soviets.

Conscripts have mostly mosins and hopefully by default upgrade option SVT. It would better for the engineer to have PPSH similar to the style Wehr Pios have with close range DPS or focus.

The fact Brits engineers can become more powerful seems clearly unfair. I think every other faction deserves more out of their default engineer/pio units.
9 May 2019, 14:19 PM

Conscripts have mostly mosins and hopefully by default upgrade option SVT. It would better for the engineer to have PPSH similar to the style Wehr Pios have with close range DPS or focus.

The fact Brits engineers can become more powerful seems clearly unfair. I think every other faction deserves more out of their default engineer/pio units.

Yes, I also find it ridiculous:
STG-44 produced 445,000 pieces, give the STG to each infantry unit
PPSh-41 produced 6 000 000 pieces
PPS-43 produced 2 000 000 pieces
SVT-40 produced over 1,700,000 pieces
you only get a weapon in the doctrine!

Maybe AVT-40 as an option for engineers, this is all the same SVT-40 but automatic fire will work as an ability for about 10-15 seconds.
9 May 2019, 14:27 PM

Yes, I also find it ridiculous:
STG-44 produced 445,000 pieces, give the STG to each infantry unit
PPSh-41 produced 6 000 000 pieces
PPS-43 produced 2 000 000 pieces
SVT-40 produced over 1,700,000 pieces
you only get a weapon in the doctrine!

Maybe AVT-40 as an option for engineers, this is all the same SVT-40 but automatic fire will work as an ability for about 10-15 seconds.

Sounds very interesting. An ability when equipped with the weapon upgrade for engineers. Maybe something also similar for pios would be great too.

I like the facts by the way. Nice that you have mentioned that.
9 May 2019, 15:13 PM

Ostheer and Soviet engineers yes...the rest no
9 May 2019, 15:25 PM

Ostheer and Soviet engineers yes...the rest no

That is actually true. Those were my initial thoughts. These units need to see more fit for combat. Do you think 30 ammo cost for additional man is good?
9 May 2019, 15:43 PM

Aren't those represented by Shock Troops?
9 May 2019, 15:44 PM

Yeah how about no, since Merge is a thing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 84
South Africa 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak