Login

russian armor

Rebirth of the Sherman Jumbo idea.

6 May 2019, 22:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 22:05 PMddd

The only things that wouldnt prove problematic in your eyes are 5 men conscript squad and 4 men maxim crew. Every single thing that is not absolute trash "would prove problematic". But only in USF feedback threads.

Can we simply skip the personal comments. Claiming that others are biased does not help the progress of a debate at all.
6 May 2019, 23:13 PM

Cute and stuff but...

How would it work?

Cost, stats, veterancy.
In which Commanders would it be added?
Let's talk about the good stuff.
7 May 2019, 07:20 AM

than not having a Jumbo with a visual 1mm of an armor slab added to it's hull and turret armor.

And I don't think 1mm of slab armor on the model is the same as a fixed superstructure but alright.

It's over an inch of extra armor, not a millimetre, which makes the front hull noticeably bulkier. Then there's also the mantlet that should look completely different.

As far as ingame visual communication goes, if this was a professionally added asset, it would probably get some other very distinctive features on the model that it really needs to make it stand out, like sandbags on the front hull or having crew equipment all over it - just like how the 105mm Sherman comes with the dozer (even though IRL most of them weren't fitted with those) or the unique skin on the Tiger Ace.
7 May 2019, 07:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2019, 22:45 PMVipper

Can we simply skip the personal comments. Claiming that others are biased does not help the progress of a debate at all.
but yeah he is talking true evrything what is good for usf is problematic for you.
Its nothing "personal" but you are not right.
Firefly and churchill combo will be still better.
Pershing and jackson combo - i guess this one is damn op for you but this still will be better
Maybe just write here list not op usf units plx im curious
Ambulance?
7 May 2019, 07:48 AM

Ambulance?

Ambulance op, healing and reinforcement in 1 unit outside of base op!
And worst of all, it supports RIFLES OF DOOM!
ddd
7 May 2019, 08:03 AM

Repainted tiger with slightly increased stats = cool

Sherman with new distinctive model and entirely different role from other usf tanks = bad

Not to mention this sherman also has cool "first in bastogne" skin, but i guess we need more eyeraping yellow and tiger stripes for it to stand out.
7 May 2019, 08:06 AM

It's over an inch of extra armor, not a millimetre, which makes the front hull noticeably bulkier. Then there's also the mantlet that should look completely different.

As far as ingame visual communication goes, if this was a professionally added asset, it would probably get some other very distinctive features on the model that it really needs to make it stand out, like sandbags on the front hull or having crew equipment all over it - just like how the 105mm Sherman comes with the dozer (even though IRL most of them weren't fitted with those) or the unique skin on the Tiger Ace.

It's literally a millimeter of armor on the model in-game if you zoom in at max, there is no possible way for someone to notice it in the middle of combat.

And the Tiger Ace skin you're referring to is only liked by 2 whole people on this entire site, I can probably even name them.
7 May 2019, 08:18 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I see three issues here:
1. No skin support (due to every first 76-mm sherman skin nned to be double with short gun)
2. in front of the gun will be untextured hole, from where usually shells launched. I supposed that‘s why all screens were made from the side, but not from the front with perspective.
3. Shells still will be fly from the default point, iow - from nowhere in front of the tank (since gun shorter)
7 May 2019, 08:21 AM

but yeah he is talking true evrything what is good for usf is problematic for you.
Its nothing "personal" but you are not right.
Firefly and churchill combo will be still better.
Pershing and jackson combo - i guess this one is damn op for you but this still will be better
Maybe just write here list not op usf units plx im curious
Ambulance?

One someone accuse some else of being biased it is personal.

M36 is superior to the Firefly and USF have better indirect fire weapons.

In addition the USF have stronger early and mid game and have little reason to have stronger late game also.
7 May 2019, 10:11 AM

It's literally a millimeter of armor on the model in-game if you zoom in at max, there is no possible way for someone to notice it in the middle of combat.

And the Tiger Ace skin you're referring to is only liked by 2 whole people on this entire site, I can probably even name them.

The bulkier front armor is easily noticeable from a distance. Furthermore it doesn't matter if people like the Tiger Ace skin or not, the point is that it's used to make it stand out (visual communication) from a normal Tiger so people can instantly recognize it's a vehicle that has vastly different stats.
7 May 2019, 10:18 AM

i dont think US needs more armour pershing is already fine and E8 jumbo wont be even that special imo
7 May 2019, 10:45 AM

The bulkier front armor is easily noticeable from a distance. Furthermore it doesn't matter if people like the Tiger Ace skin or not, the point is that it's used to make it stand out (visual communication) from a normal Tiger so people can instantly recognize it's a vehicle that has vastly different stats.

coh 1 tiger ace skin when
ddd
7 May 2019, 11:53 AM

i dont think US needs more armour pershing is already fine and E8 jumbo wont be even that special imo

What are you talking about?

1. Commander we are talking about doesnt have access to pershing.

2. Its not "e8 jumbo", its M4A3E2 "Jumbo".

3. It would be very special, if it was somewhere between KV1 and Churchill this would be unit type USF has no access to.

Best thing would be to slap some special skin on it (or existing skin in different color), limit it to one and make it buildable from major tech, similar to OKW tiger.
7 May 2019, 12:11 PM

This is like requesting the Jagdpanther to be in CoH2 and just proposing to use the Panther model with the turret stuck facing forwards because they kinda look the same from a distance.

I can't tell the difference between a short-barrelled 76mm Sherman and a Jumbo. What am I missing?
7 May 2019, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 12:11 PMLago

I can't tell the difference between a short-barrelled 76mm Sherman and a Jumbo. What am I missing?

Glasses.

7 May 2019, 12:16 PM

Glasses.

i walked straight into that one

But seriously, what's different? Same hull, same turret.

He explained to me that a custom skin was used to "cut" the barrel of the 76mm Sherman.

If this works the way I think it does (make the barrel texture transparent) then the main visual concern here is no texture on the end of the gun.
7 May 2019, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 12:11 PMLago

There is no short barreled 76mm Sherman or Sherman with a 75mm gun equipped 76 turret tank.

The 76's turret was used because of it's increased weight limit, that's why the Jumbo used it for the increased armor.

So unless you put your glass on and zoom out all the way in-game in the middle of battle you will not notice the lack of literally 1mm of the armor on the model and can't confuse it it with the 76 Sherman.

Whoever has at least a basic knowledge of WW2 and American Armor, which includes Sherman variants for the most part, will be fine with a shorter barreled 76 Sherman with a different icon and text.
7 May 2019, 12:33 PM

There is no short barreled 76mm Sherman or Sherman with a 75mm gun equipped 76 turret tank.

The 76's turret was used because of it's increased weight limit, that's why the Jumbo used it for the increased armor.

So unless you put your glass on and zoom out all the way in-game in the middle of battle you will not notice the lack of literally 1mm of the armor on the model and can't confuse it it with the 76 Sherman.

Whoever has at least a basic knowledge of WW2 and American Armor, which includes Sherman variants for the most part, will be fine with a shorter barreled 76 Sherman with a different icon and text.

One millimetre? That's less than the width of these text characters.

I'm not sure the game can even render that.
7 May 2019, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 12:33 PMLago

One millimetre? That's less than the width of these text characters.

I'm not sure the game can even render that.

This is the CoH model from mods:

Like I said, you can barely notice the extra slabs of armor unless you zoom all the way in and even then it's hard to distinguish.

The shorter 75mm gun in the 76 gun turret is the biggest visual communication.

Of course the 76mm gun equipped Sherman Jumbo in CoH's mods are a little hard to distinguish from the regular 76mm Sherman as well unless they're right next to each othere where you notice that one of the 2 is thicc boi.
7 May 2019, 12:54 PM

There’s already two unique M4 variants in the game that barely see any use. Why would a third one make any difference?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
United States 7
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak