Login

russian armor

Rebirth of the Sherman Jumbo idea.

7 May 2019, 23:19 PM

Could a test mod proof of concept help? Stick it in T3 as a Tuning Pack, maybe.
7 May 2019, 23:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2019, 23:19 PMLago
Could a test mod proof of concept help? Stick it in T3 as a Tuning Pack, maybe.

Agreed, I think letting the community test it out and decide based on feedback is the best route to go.
8 May 2019, 22:44 PM

I see three issues here:
1. No skin support (due to every first 76-mm sherman skin nned to be double with short gun)
2. in front of the gun will be untextured hole, from where usually shells launched. I supposed that‘s why all screens were made from the side, but not from the front with perspective.
3. Shells still will be fly from the default point, iow - from nowhere in front of the tank (since gun shorter)

So I just stumbled on your comment today, I guess I missed it before. Decided to make a quick and short video.

1. That would be no problem as if it is added officially then it's "skin" becomes the default one, thus other skins can be applied on top of it.

2. Yes you are sadly correct on that one, I asked Trapper about it and he said it's not possible to fix sadly. Still you'd have to be seriously nitpicking in order to notice it.

He has given it proper shell spawning and it's own sounds so it doesn't look out of place at all.

Here's a couple of more pictures as well:

And a link to the mod itself for whoever wants to try it out for themselves: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=904421369

Just make sure you also subscribe to the Realism mod Skinpack as well or else it will look like the regular 76 Sherman. He also added a few more vehicles using the same method like the StuH42, M4A4 Sherman in British service (cut Firefly basically), Panzer III (cut Panzer IV) and several others.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★