Login

russian armor

IS-2 and soviet tank veterancy

23 Apr 2019, 12:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Since the balance team has finally acknowledged the bad state of maxim and the conscripts and want to fix them a little bit I thought to myself that one thing that is really lacking is the veterancy 1 of soviet armor. Namely the heavies and mediums such as the IS-2 and KV-1.

I know the balance team has limited time and resources and dont get paid but just hear me out.
As it stands IS-2 and the KV-1 get a totally useless ability to disable weapons and capture a point at Vet 1. I personally have never ever seen this ability be used and I can't come up with a reason why anyone thought this is a good idea to slap on tanks like the IS-2. As opposed to this the ostheer and okw? get Blitzkrieg which is really useful and lets you run out of a lot of sticky situations even when being snared on a road. Even more so with Panzer tactician. UKF also gets useful smoke shells/nades if memory serves me right.
With the Kv-1 u could simply change it to inspire like in the kv-8 for example since it is fitting for a breakthrough tank. Even for the IS-2. I personally do not like the ability but it would be far more useful as an ability than the garbage "Suicide the IS-2 for the last VP " ability. The IS-2 is quite lacking until it hits the veterancy 2 and we all know that takes a good while. Maybe less so in 1v1's where the meta is to stall for a heavy with soviets being the biggest offender. But thats another can of worms and should be addressed separately, maybe, and make call-ins require t4. Although IS-2 would probably need stat adjusting a bit in general to make it more consistent in general and reliable. Not buff it per se but adjust it.

And tbh, the same goes for the T-34's. As it stands the stock t-34 is just a more expensive t-70 that can eat another faust with AT capabilites that leave something to be desired and you need to get that vet 2 to make it somewhat more useful. Yes its an okay tank for its price although I don't think the 10 fuel nerf was needed in one of the patches. Anyhow i think it is pretty bad even in the t-34 and rarely would you use it to capture anything. T-70 does the same while costing less and having a recon while doing so. Nobody is going to spend 90-145-200+ fuel to have an armored point capturer when u can get a CE for 170mp or conscripts for 240.

The main catch im getting here is kind of the trend that follows some soviet units like the maxim and conscripts where theyre garbage as they are and dont scale and require veterancy to do anything. More so the maxim in this comparison.
The point is to make the units more consistent as they come out. I have heard that the vet 1 being so poopy is balanced out by the "CRAZY" Vet 2 and 3 of the soviets but that can be addressed by adjusting veterancy if it is the case. Doubtful, but im sure people who know more about stats know better.
Hell make the ram vet 1 and adjust things around a little even.

And again, as far as the IS-2 goes the changes should probably be though only if heavy call-ins ever become t4 as they should
23 Apr 2019, 12:14 PM

Heavy tanks(except KV series) have good vet(except for obvious vet1).
T34 also have good vet, vet1 could be changed here, but its not as useless as on IS-2.
23 Apr 2019, 12:29 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2019, 12:14 PMKatitof
Heavy tanks(except KV series) have good vet(except for obvious vet1).
T34 also have good vet, vet1 could be changed here, but its not as useless as on IS-2.

What heavy tanks are you referring to? The IS-2? Im not sure how outdated the tables are but it gets gun rotation speed instead of reduced scatter like the normal Tiger, correct? Both get the same range and accuracy bonus. At vet 2 that is.

And I agree its not as useless on the T-34 but still quite useless. I don't think I have personally ever used it and I don't think people really ever use it. Especially compared to the blitzkrieg. I am not really sure what the T-34 vet 1 could be replaced with, though.
23 Apr 2019, 12:31 PM

IS-2 and Tiger get the same vet bonuses(except for the range and obviously, vet1).

23 Apr 2019, 12:36 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post23 Apr 2019, 12:31 PMKatitof
IS-2 and Tiger get the same vet bonuses(except for the range and obviously, vet1).

Oh yeah my bad after i rechecked the stats i noticed IS-2 gets more range at vet 2 but has less from the start. I hope I got that right, I thought the 20% instead of the +5 in the Tiger was just put in like that because reasons
23 Apr 2019, 13:06 PM

This ability is blocked for me. I try to use it, but it's greyed out, just like passive abilities such as the penals vet 1 to the last man ability. When I press it nothing happens.

This is for all tanks, from t70 to is2.
23 Apr 2019, 15:46 PM

This ability is blocked for me. I try to use it, but it's greyed out, just like passive abilities such as the penals vet 1 to the last man ability. When I press it nothing happens.

This is for all tanks, from t70 to is2.

Penals' vet 1 ability is a passive; once you have the vet it automatically increases your squad's stats when models drop.

The t-70 specifically is also passive, you put the commander out and you can cap territory once it's activated.

Dunno what's up with the other ones.
23 Apr 2019, 20:33 PM

The t-70 specifically is also passive, you put the commander out and you can cap territory once it's activated.

I believe he's referring just to capture mode, which I too have noticed is greyed out sometimes and can't be toggled.
23 Apr 2019, 22:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I believe he's referring to capture mode, which I too have noticed is greyed out sometimes and can't be toggled.

Recrewed vehicle ?
23 Apr 2019, 22:41 PM

Recrewed vehicle ?

Ooo that's possible. But I feel like I've seen it more than once on a t70 and I don't remember being able to recrew many of those
23 Apr 2019, 22:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ooo that's possible. But I feel like I've seen it more than once on a t70 and I don't remember being able to recrew many of those

What i mean is that IIRC there are bugs with how vehicles interact with active abilities as this one, once the vehicle gets decrewed and then recrewed. Not been able to return to it's original state, because it's part of a vet ability which it can no longer acquire (at least in a realistic way) as the vehicle is now vet 0.
23 Apr 2019, 23:53 PM

Capture mode is greyed out because it's not its own ability any more, it's tied to recon mode. The greyed icon should just be letting you know that it's not restricted by vet anymore
24 Apr 2019, 00:06 AM

I believe he's referring just to capture mode, which I too have noticed is greyed out sometimes and can't be toggled.

Yeah I meant that with the t-70 specifically it is a passive ability that works while you have the commander out.
24 Apr 2019, 00:09 AM

Yeah I meant that with the t-70 specifically it is a passive ability that works while you have the commander out.

Gotcha, yeah I didn't realize it was tied to recon mode now. Thanks guys
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS