Login

russian armor

More uniformity between factions

21 Apr 2019, 04:06 AM

+1
I think exactly the same, it shouldnt be too hard to code the smoke pot to spawn a few meters in front of the tank and a little (realistic) delay too.

As an upgrade sounds too controversial, unless it is dirt cheap (40 muni or so) since you already pay each time you use it. Maybe turning smoke into a expensive upgrade (100 muni) and making it free will reduce its "spammability" at least on every single OST armour. LVs would never use it tho

If it was an upgrade I'd have it cheap, like 25-30mu cheap and maybe knock 5-10 off per use but I personally prefer the slight delay and front firing. Maybe still knock a smidge off its price if we go that road too.
21 Apr 2019, 07:54 AM

No no no, the factions have differences for a reason.
21 Apr 2019, 08:08 AM

Allied unit like the M20 and Scott also have "instant" smoke. It is not allied or Axis thing.
21 Apr 2019, 13:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2019, 08:08 AMVipper
Allied unit like the M20 and Scott also have "instant" smoke. It is not allied or Axis thing.

And they could/should be adjusted too
21 Apr 2019, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Apr 2019, 21:09 PMKatitof

That would be nice.
Flamer engies always reach vet3 relatively fast anyway and don't get much of rec acc anyway and the moment you pick sweepers, you pretty much concede the possibility to ever get more then vet1.

Yes especially the EFA pioneers and engineers suffer from this flaw. Especially when you consider that their better repair stats are hidden behind vet, which you will reach very painfully with sweepers.
21 Apr 2019, 14:40 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2019, 03:44 AMPereat

Where is it written that commander abilities should be better versions of things? Are flamers that okw/ukf get better than stock for other factions?

And I stand by my assessment that shock ostwind is a terrible idea as its new dmg coupled with its speed will wipe squads on retreat like nothing. And you most likely could a-move a ost+p4 to enemy base and go afk that early in the game for a win.

And yes, this is coming from a guy who doesn't have an avatar with a terrible taste;)

You obviously haven't given your thread a shred of thought. U can't just pick and choose what aspects of a faction u want another faction to have. If Ost got 5man grens stock, I'm sure you'd rage about it all day, all night. What about all factions get free vehicle crews like USF, or double upgrades.

It's clear that u likely have never used the Ostwind before if u think the live Ostwind is perfectly fine. If u claim the live ostwind can be rushed and send to the enemy base to gg the other player, UKF has a centaur that arrives just as or even faster than the ostwind due to cheaper Brit teching costs. And every player will tell u centaur is hands down better than ostwind.

21 Apr 2019, 14:48 PM

How is a shock Ostwind any different to a shock Luchs or T-70?
21 Apr 2019, 14:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Apr 2019, 14:48 PMLago
How is a shock Ostwind any different to a shock Luchs or T-70?

The massive difference in durability, mostly (one of the large distinctions there being that the ostwind can't be snared by a single at nade). For the preview mod ostwind, the massive difference in lethality too.
22 Apr 2019, 08:57 AM

This thread has become a good illustration of how asking for actual balance doesn't get any traction. People are more interested in an axis power trip than a fair game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★