Login

russian armor

Storm trooper rework is awful

22 Apr 2019, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 16:35 PMAlphrum

then they need to be given a 5th man like every other cqc ambushing squad

Like Partisans or Falls?

Only 1 cqc ambush unit has 5 men.
That same unit has the worst combat vet in game, getting lowest values for accuracy and rec acc.
22 Apr 2019, 17:13 PM

I tend to lean this towards the L2P issue. Wanting Storms to perform better with their intended role and then defending that saying they can't take on blobs, but commandos can because they have 5 man squads with a good grenade. I'd say if your taking on blobs with any single unit, you're doing it wrong. Even Brummbars should be supported.

I dont want "taking on blobs with any single unit"

but at least commando do damage to blob and can run away "alive"

If storm trooper meets blobs, he can only run away without giving any damage

with Mp44, storm trooper can engage in mid range safety and run away "alive"

with Mp40, storm trooper can only engage in short range even though they're made up of only four units

Thats why Mp40 storm trooper need one more man

Or give them back the Mp44 so they can fight with four units
22 Apr 2019, 17:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 16:39 PMKatitof

Like Partisans or Falls?

That same unit has the worst combat vet in game, getting lowest values for accuracy and rec acc.

Commando is already Terminator

if they have more accuracy combat vet, they will take the bren gun and tear everything away

And they already have a first strike bonus (+ 50% sten gun accuracy)
22 Apr 2019, 17:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 17:16 PMblancat

Commando is already Terminator

if they have more accuracy combat vet, they will take the bren gun and tear everything away

And they already have a first strike bonus (+ 50% sten gun accuracy)

Storms have their own DPS boosting ability at a press of a button.
Ost has ambush camo with 50% accuracy bonus as well, both grens, PGrens and HMGs can use and benefit from it.

Commandos have strong start, but they fall behind with vet(and that's why the strong start).
22 Apr 2019, 17:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 17:24 PMKatitof

Storms have their own DPS boosting ability at a press of a button.
Ost has ambush camo with 50% accuracy bonus as well, both grens, PGrens and HMGs can use and benefit from it.

Commandos have strong start, but they fall behind with vet(and that's why the strong start).

Their boosting ability is meaningless beacause they are only 4 unit

4 unit + recevie acuuracy penalty kills him in an instant

Commando dont fall behind in late game because they can have strong 2 bren LMG(Version before nerf)

2 bren LMG Commando overcomes the limits of the CQC unit(even he can shoot bren while he is moving)

If you can not believe it, just try it

I've already made a lot of gains through them

And try using the Stormtrooper after using the Commando, you will feel a lot of difference

22 Apr 2019, 18:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 17:43 PMblancat

Their boosting ability is meaningless beacause they are only 4 unit

120 DPS is meaningless.
You've hear it here first guys.

Don't use them like shocks, use them like storms, from camo, pick your fights, don't charge frontally with ability up, like a rabid monkey.
22 Apr 2019, 19:00 PM

Stormtroopers are extremely popular atm on ranks 200-400. Everyone loves them apparently.
22 Apr 2019, 21:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 16:39 PMKatitof

Like Partisans or Falls?

falls are cqc? play the game mate i know you don,t but i didn't know your memory was this rusty. ANd please tell me how popular those 2 units are right now?

22 Apr 2019, 23:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Apr 2019, 21:20 PMAlphrum

falls are cqc? play the game mate i know you don,t but i didn't know your memory was this rusty. ANd please tell me how popular those 2 units are right now?

Falls are like volks, they pick whatever distance is advantageous for them against opponents squad.
Against tommies, it'll be cqc for example.
23 Apr 2019, 02:27 AM

Permanently Banned
The only thing is that the tac assault is crap now due to lack of range. Units can hit retreat and dps drops to basically 0 beyond 10 range. While there are massive penalties for the storms. It's very easy to counter the ability, pop a grenade, focus fire them, move away or simply retreat to render 25munis wasted. I think there should be only one penalty, either just slower movement or worse RA, not both.

I think overall they're in a decent spot.
8 May 2019, 06:30 AM

Stormtroopers are quite good when upgraded they become formidable at CQC The only problem is the long upgrade time for the smgs(15 seconds) when you spawn them on any ambient building which is quite long if you want to infiltrate quickly(either do capping or just finish off a retreating squad). They're also good at flanking which is what you should do flank an unexpecting weapon team they can finish it off quick just don't flank a blob though.
8 May 2019, 08:56 AM

I agree 2x shrek ……
8 May 2019, 09:53 AM

2x schreck for storms wouldn't be a bad idea if Panzergrenadiers stay as they are. No reason to get a single schreck for 75 munitions if you can get 2 schrecks for 100 munitions with HQ pgrens.
8 May 2019, 11:58 AM

I like the old Stormtrooper version way better. Currently I dislike the way they are. They are bad. Rely heavily on surprise attacks.

Give them the STG option back. MP40 is pretty crap profile. You have to keep very close range like melee range with this weapon. Unlike shock troops and commandos, medium range works for them relatively well.
8 May 2019, 12:24 PM

I like the old Stormtrooper version way better. Currently I dislike the way they are. They are bad. Rely heavily on surprise attacks.

Amazing, right?
Who in his right mind would make ambush infantry rely on surprise attacks.
Insanity, isn't it?
8 May 2019, 13:53 PM

Give them the STG option back. MP40 is pretty crap profile. You have to keep very close range like melee range with this weapon. Unlike shock troops and commandos, medium range works for them relatively well.

Can you please tell me what made old storms more interesting that the new ones. How were they different from pgrens with camo, apart from Tactical Advance, after they have infiltrated and got their stgs?

10 range is not melee range, and I don't see how the fact that they rely on surprise attacks makes them really bad. And it's not like they have 0 survivability and will lose to any squad if they don't pop out of camo in their face. Their mp40 profile is better than what commandos have, have you not seen their capacity to wipe squads on retreat from inside a 250?

There are no other squads like the new storms in wehrmacht, I fail to see why you can't use pgrens with camo in place of the old storms.

I don't mean to offend you, but I just really like the new storms and I think that they actually feel special, while being quite useful, I never used the old storms apart from testing them once or twice, they never felt interesting or unique in almost any way to me.
8 May 2019, 13:55 PM

They are fine as they are now, they require a little more of skill to use
8 May 2019, 14:13 PM

Can you please tell me what made old storms more interesting that the new ones. How were they different from pgrens with camo, apart from Tactical Advance, after they have infiltrated and got their stgs?

10 range is not melee range, and I don't see how the fact that they rely on surprise attacks makes them really bad. And it's not like they have 0 survivability and will lose to any squad if they don't pop out of camo in their face. Their mp40 profile is better than what commandos have, have you not seen their capacity to wipe squads on retreat from inside a 250?

There are no other squads like the new storms in wehrmacht, I fail to see why you can't use pgrens with camo in place of the old storms.

I don't mean to offend you, but I just really like the new storms and I think that they actually feel special, while being quite useful, I never used the old storms apart from testing them once or twice, they never felt interesting or unique in almost any way to me.

Tactical Advance or whatever that slows them down and give them additional accuracy bonus.

It does however have this ability still but does not have that kick it had before. The the only time ability works is if you use it currently at melee range. Which I think is kind of useless. Attempting to use the ability medium range is useless.

That was the main highlight for me at least back then in combination with STG which its profile is suitable in those kinds of ranges. It is not that great now, but it would be nice if they could include the STG upgrade for 100 ammo or less. Give them the option at least is what I am asking for?
8 May 2019, 16:36 PM

I prefer even the Bundle nade they had. Flame nade does not suit its current playstyle. If you compare to UKF Commandos, they are way better. Stormtroopers in contrast seems like a practical joke really. Check this old Stormtrooper which I miss a lot currently. Bring it back, I did not want it to go away in the first place!!!!

8 May 2019, 16:38 PM

Imo all cloaked infatry should only have access to DOT grenades to allow reaction time...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS