Login

russian armor

Reserve New Dozers

19 Apr 2019, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 12:52 PMLago

I made a visual mockup of the upgrade icon idea. It's the Improved Fortifications symbol from Advanced Emplacements, so it's already in the game.

It does mean you couldn't get a .50 cal on an uparmoured basic Sherman, but that might not necessarily be a bad thing.

I think this is great. The new icon for the m4 with the dozer feels nice. Solid work
19 Apr 2019, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 12:52 PMLago

I made a visual mockup of the upgrade icon idea. It's the Improved Fortifications symbol from Advanced Emplacements, so it's already in the game.

It does mean you couldn't get a .50 cal on an uparmoured basic Sherman, but that might not necessarily be a bad thing.

If the "hypothetical Sherman jumbo" gets a 75mm gun somehow then it'd very much a Jumbo since they were only upgraded with the 76mm gun much later and they used that turret because of it's bigger weight limit.
19 Apr 2019, 15:00 PM

If the "hypothetical Sherman jumbo" gets a 75mm gun somehow then it'd very much a Jumbo since they were only upgraded with the 76mm gun much later and they used that turret because of it's bigger weight limit.

As much as I'd love to see it, I don't think replacing the Dozer Upgrade with an outright Sherman Jumbo is on the cards.

You're right though, if there were a way to stick the shorter gun on it you'd have a spitting image of the real thing.

19 Apr 2019, 18:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

+80 HP (from 640 to 720)
-15% speed
-5% acceleration
and armor since itteration 5.0

IOW it becomes M4A3(105) "Sherman" without (105) and with WP shells. Now i started to think about replacing this ability with regular M4A3(105)...

Yeah literally #USFOP. Who even thinks of this stuff. Was the HE sherman not strong enough before???
19 Apr 2019, 18:40 PM

If it's possible to put the dozer on the 76 Sherman it could very well be it's own thing and be a Jumbo in it's meatshield capabilities but a Sherman Bulldozer in name and with not a very good gun, just a regular 75mm with standard rounds, maybe similar to the Cromwell one.
19 Apr 2019, 19:05 PM

If it's possible to put the dozer on the 76 Sherman it could very well be it's own thing and be a Jumbo in it's meatshield capabilities but a Sherman Bulldozer in name and with not a very good gun, just a regular 75mm with standard rounds, maybe similar to the Cromwell one.

In retrospect, why does it need a bulldozer at all? The Improved Fortification upgrade icon's enough to indicate it's had its durability increased.

It could literally just be a speed for durability tradeoff.

Yeah literally #USFOP. Who even thinks of this stuff. Was the HE sherman not strong enough before???

If this upgrade's a thing, it should be -20% speed and -20% acceleration.

That'd make it as fast as a KV-1.
19 Apr 2019, 19:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 19:05 PMLago

In retrospect, why does it need a bulldozer at all? The Improved Fortification upgrade icon's enough to indicate it's had its durability increased.

It could literally just be a speed for durability tradeoff.

If this upgrade's a thing, it should be -20% speed and -20% acceleration.

That'd make it as fast as a KV-1.

I think it would be better if it was incorporated into the unit icon like the Thompsons of the Cav Rifles, as far as an upgrade icon goes I think it could get a 76 mm "gun upgrade" so to speak so you'd have an option if you want a meatshield that's good against infantry somewhat or a meatshield that's a bit a better at repelling enemy tanks altho it will be at least in my mind used to screen for the Jacksons, similar to the UKF Churchill/Firefly and now M10 combo.

I also think that the dozer is needed because yes while the icon is different, again like the Cav Rifles, the model is no different from the regular 76mm Sherman.

That's at least my own personal opinion.

But if such a meatshield Jumbo like tank is added it would give this commander a new unique tank, USF a meatshield tank similar to the Churchill which is greatly needed as I've noticed and I believe it would be easier to balance than having to take into account that the regular ability is also in Mechanized Company.

Of course then that means that Mech Company would just be left with the regular 76mm Sherman and I would suggest removing the dozer from the M4A3 105 Sherman from Armored Company as well.
19 Apr 2019, 19:45 PM

USF is not designed to have something like a Churchill.
19 Apr 2019, 19:50 PM

But... you do know they already have easy8 with 215 armor and 720 health?
I have no idea why it just won't be put here instead of doing the hardest possible thing to make regular 75mm into easy8 but with more AI and much less AT.
19 Apr 2019, 20:11 PM

What's this dozer upgrade if not a budget Churchill?
19 Apr 2019, 20:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 20:11 PMLago

Churchills have a lot more HP.
Dozerblades improve survavility slightly.
19 Apr 2019, 20:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 20:11 PMLago

215 armor and 720HP is premium medium territory, not Churchill's.
19 Apr 2019, 21:00 PM

Switching it from ammo to fuel sounds like a good move.
wtf is that thread one month ago evryone agreed that this ability is weak and then they add fosfor shell to it. Fuel suggetion to this ability is ridiculus
19 Apr 2019, 21:05 PM

215 armor and 720HP is premium medium territory, not Churchill's.

Have you guys discussed the USF Churchill route? Sort of expensive, slow, big hp pool and a bit better armor, shittier main gun. Again like it was mentioned before the 76 version of the Sherman could be used but in my opinion it should have some changes to the model to denote it's uparmoured status as well apart from just the icon.
19 Apr 2019, 21:36 PM

wtf is that thread one month ago evryone agreed that this ability is weak and then they add fosfor shell to it. Fuel suggetion to this ability is ridiculus

'Everyone was saying it' doesn't make it right. It was already almost a no-brainer with the extra AT hit it let you take. Now it gives armour too? Easily worth an ability slot to itself.
19 Apr 2019, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Apr 2019, 21:36 PMLago

'Everyone was saying it' doesn't make it right. It was already almost a no-brainer with the extra AT hit it let you take. Now it gives armour too? Easily worth an ability slot to itself.

Does that mean that OST isn't on Life Support then? :snfQuinn:
19 Apr 2019, 22:11 PM

Does that mean that OST isn't on Life Support then? :snfQuinn:

'Everyone is saying it' doesn't make it wrong either.

My overriding problem with the dozer upgrade is it's almost identical to the 105mm and that bothers me. It feels like something a mod would add without proper regard to visual language.

But I'm under no illusions of this upgrade being some sort of balance game changer in either direction. It's clutter if anything.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 29
unknown 7
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak