OKW Paratroopers changes

What do you think ?
Option Distribution Votes
21%
79%
Total votes: 14
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
18 Apr 2019, 16:38 PM

From the FG42 should require munition thread.

A lot of people think Fallschirmjaeger are at the moment in a weird spot. They are effectively subpar compared to Obersoldaten and only useful until those aren't avaiable or you don't have munitions.

Furthermore, their "camo" and ambush role is covered by the newly changed Jaeger Light Infantry, and some people argue against Fallschirmjaeger ability to deploy with fg42 in enemy territory and being used for cheesy dps on retreating units.

Ultimately, while in the past they covered a key role as mid game infantry unit to support Volks, now Okw commanders offer other options.

I want to propose certain changes. The idea behind all is to modify them to be an actual alternative in terms of power to Obersoldaten, so it's an overall buff with higher squad cost and muni cost. The new squad is a bit more cqb focused while keeping a decent mod-long performance, as opposed to the mid-long range oriented Obersoldaten.

Fallschirmjaeger
-Cost to 400
-Now paradrop with ass grens mp40
-Increased squad number to 5
-Can now upgrade with 2 FG42 for 120 munitions
-FG42 accuracy slightly improved to partially make up for the 2 lost FG42 at mid range, but the overall dps is lower
-Camouflage completely removed
-0.83 Starting RA unaffected.

18 Apr 2019, 16:55 PM

Those changes would make them worse but way more expensive IR STG44 Obersoldaten.

I think the best change for Fallschirmjäger is to give their FG 42s a Thompsons DPS profile and make them a dedicated CQC squad (that still has decent mid range DPS) which is basically the only infantry that OKW is somewhat missing.

Currently
At close and mid range they are outperformed by IR STG44 Obers.
At mid range they are equal to LMG Obers at full strength, but lose DPS way faster.
At long range they are outperformed by LMG Obers.

Their mid range focussed DPS profile has no role within OKW, because Obersoldaten exist. If they were given very high short range DPS instead they would at least have some role over IR STG44 / LMG Obersoldaten.
18 Apr 2019, 18:24 PM

falls is just fine

dont make noise
18 Apr 2019, 18:34 PM

I mean, if it is just about making Falls viable, you might just as well move them to ostheer. I'm sure there is some close air support commander that has use for them. Also Ostheer would profit a lot more from some elite unit spice than okw, which already have obers and jaeger light infantry.

Though that is probably an idea for another commander revamp, should it ever happen.
18 Apr 2019, 19:02 PM

Those changes would make them worse but way more expensive IR STG44 Obersoldaten.

I think the best change for Fallschirmjäger is to give their FG 42s a Thompsons DPS profile and make them a dedicated CQC squad (that still has decent mid range DPS) which is basically the only infantry that OKW is somewhat missing.

Currently
At close and mid range they are outperformed by IR STG44 Obers.
At mid range they are equal to LMG Obers at full strength, but lose DPS way faster.
At long range they are outperformed by LMG Obers.

Their mid range focussed DPS profile has no role within OKW, because Obersoldaten exist. If they were given very high short range DPS instead they would at least have some role over IR STG44 / LMG Obersoldaten.

That's also an option, but the squad will have 2 buffed fg42 and 3 of the buffed stormtooper mp40, i don't think it will be weak.

They are also more durable with those changes.

"Their mid range focussed DPS profile has no role within OKW, because Obersoldaten exist. If they were given very high short range DPS instead they would at least have some role over IR STG44 / LMG Obersoldaten."

That's what they get here.
18 Apr 2019, 19:14 PM

I don't agree with changing falls, the only argument is the 'cheesy' retreating squad wipe, but you have to admit that is not easy to pull neither cheap.

I proposed in the other thread a well, double the ability cost and paradrop 2 squads. Now the player will only use the ability to infiltrate and flank instead of parking falls in cloak cover since he just spent 800 Mp and is going to lose if it doesn't use them.

Also, did you consider team games or 1v1s? You know team games are full of cheese and foolish plays. On top of that you know falls are not abusing the game in any way
18 Apr 2019, 19:22 PM

[High short range DPS]
That's what they get here.

3x Assault Grenadier MP40 and 2x FG 42 would give 29,55 + 23,80 = 53,35 DPS at range 8.
IR STG44 Obersoldaten have 13,16 + 44,06 = 57,22 DPS at range 8.

Falls would also lose roughly 20% DPS per model dropped, while IR STG44 Obersoldaten only lose ~12,5% DPS per model for the first two model drops. IR STG44s also have far better DPS while moving (0.9 moving acc vs FG 42's 0.7).

To give them a significant advantage over IR STG44 Obersoldaten, they would have to get a Thompson DPS profile for their 4x FG 42 giving up to 70-80 DPS in close range (Rangers have 81 DPS at range 8) but fall offs beyond range 15.
18 Apr 2019, 20:10 PM

Keep them as they are but improve RA slightly to make them a tiny bit more durable. Right now they are pretty good already just slightly too fragile.
18 Apr 2019, 21:18 PM

Keep them as they are but improve RA slightly to make them a tiny bit more durable. Right now they are pretty good already just slightly too fragile.

Best idea so far. OP's proposal sounds terrible. But Falls are in an ok spot anyway, maybe UP but very very slightly
18 Apr 2019, 21:31 PM

I think this is why they don't really get used. Why use a fragile doctrinal all range squad when you have a stock long range squad that is harder to hit? The camo is the only standout difference to me, cause the faust is just risky to use on a 4 man squad that's so expensive
18 Apr 2019, 21:57 PM

I see Fallschirmjägers used pretty often. And Volks are way easier to hit considering thei RA is way worse. Not sure what you mean.
18 Apr 2019, 22:01 PM

I see Fallschirmjägers used pretty often. And Volks are way easier to hit considering thei RA is way worse. Not sure what you mean.

I don't see them much either. But thats mostly because Overwatch and Spec Ops (and maaaaybe Fortification) are the meta. At least for 1v1s
18 Apr 2019, 22:04 PM

3x Assault Grenadier MP40 and 2x FG 42 would give 29,55 + 23,80 = 53,35 DPS at range 8.
IR STG44 Obersoldaten have 13,16 + 44,06 = 57,22 DPS at range 8.

Falls would also lose roughly 20% DPS per model dropped, while IR STG44 Obersoldaten only lose ~12,5% DPS per model for the first two model drops. IR STG44s also have far better DPS while moving (0.9 moving acc vs FG 42's 0.7).

To give them a significant advantage over IR STG44 Obersoldaten, they would have to get a Thompson DPS profile for their 4x FG 42 giving up to 70-80 DPS in close range (Rangers have 81 DPS at range 8) but fall offs beyond range 15.

I also said the FG42 should be buffed, so it would actually surpass at close range ir stg obers.

Your numbers also don't take into account thos patch changes to mp40
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 41
unknown 25
Mexico 16
Germany 867

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L