Login

russian armor

Can we get a reload frequency reset ooc?

16 Apr 2019, 15:38 PM

It’s really annoying when I eat up my MG and it fires 3 bullets and then has to reload, so could the reload cycle please reset outside of combat? (Unless 8t already does and I my MGs didn’t go out of combat
16 Apr 2019, 15:47 PM

A previous balance patch mod had a manual HMG reload button, but it got completey dismissed
16 Apr 2019, 16:35 PM

Permanently Banned
I've been saying this like forever. It's one of the dumbest things in the game. People are like "but u can just repack your mg to reload" What if I'm in a garrison? That's a lot of downtime just to reload a fucking mg.
17 Apr 2019, 02:04 AM

A manual reload is not needed at all. Just make the HMG check if it has been out of combat and stationary for xx seconds and just reload its mags, with or without animation.

IRL you only hooked a new bullet belt to the feed and that could take you a couple of seconds with proper training

Bullet belt linking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQRsfyHseFo
17 Apr 2019, 02:28 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

People would just memorize the reload timing for out of combat reloads and abuse the mechanic. Manual would be the way to go.
17 Apr 2019, 02:29 AM

People would just memorize the reload timing for out of combat reloads and abuse the mechanic. Manual would be the way to go.

I dont really understand how that can be abused. Im being honest i dont have a clue. Im really tired after a long day.

Apart from that i consider important to not add new abusable mechanics. Even if that means not adding this feature
17 Apr 2019, 02:33 AM
Director of Moderation Badge

I dont really understand how that can be abused. Im being honest i dont have a clue. Im really tired after a long day.

MG34 is given an automatic reload order after 8 seconds out of combat. Opponet enters MG arc but is able to pull away without being suppressed. Waits 11 seconds due to MG being in combat. Charges MG after waiting 11 seconds and the MG is mid reload when the charge begins.

So in theory you'd be able to get closer than normally possible since the MG would be reloading, and there's nothing the player could do about it except fight the charge with a slight disadvantage, or giveup the position.
17 Apr 2019, 02:44 AM

I understand now, and you are right. But that only happens supposing the HMG has gone dry and needs a new mag and a new bullet belt.
The advantage of modern HMGs (ww2 included) is that they used feedbelts and they can be reloaded just by adding more bullets to the belt chain.

In other words there is no delay to reload an HMG if it hasnt gone dry (out of bullets in the feedbelt), it will be an instant reload ingame for simplicity.

HMGs operate in crew groups so one takes the gun and other performs the reload.
IRL another soldier will take a new ammo box and link it up to the current feedbelt. That task can take a couple of seconds but by no means the MG is uncapable or firing meanwhile.
17 Apr 2019, 04:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Miragefla's Balance Mod (which is a year or two old now) had a "Force Reload" button on all weapons using clips. It applied to HMGs and Autocannons, and is really quite useful.

I have no idea why it was not implemented into Relic's balance patches.
17 Apr 2019, 04:32 AM

Manual reload is ABSOLUTELY the way to go. Infantry could have the reload when out of combat but mgs and auto cannons should be a choice.
17 Apr 2019, 07:46 AM

I dont really understand how that can be abused. Im being honest i dont have a clue.

Ironically, in the very exact same way a barrel change for HMG42 was "abused" by allied soldiers to sturm and kill it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 162
unknown 7
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak