Login

russian armor

Should KV1 get 'Inspire' ability?

17 Apr 2019, 14:20 PM

If that doesnt bring KV1 to TD tier i dont know what then, if 1v1 battles turn in favour for KV1, then congrats now KV1 is officialy a Heavy TD.

None of the people you just quoted said anything remotely close to making it a TD. I suggest you take your own advice and get better at reading

As I just said "little fella", there's a lot of space between the gun of a t34/76 and a tank destroyer. If you think a slight buff to THAT main gun is asking for TD power you're an idiot...

Anyone here want it to have more than standard range? No? Then stop being ridiculous and try making a legit contribution to the discussion

17 Apr 2019, 14:25 PM

KV-1's main gun is a complete joke. P4s might have tough time with extra armor but I never worry about KV-1 gun ever damaging my P4 substantially in short amount of time. The penetration on KV-1 is garbage.
17 Apr 2019, 14:30 PM

Even when improved, it should not have a limitation put onto it. It is still too lackluster of a "heavy" tank to warrant a limitation on the number of KV1s that can be fielded at one time.
17 Apr 2019, 17:51 PM

I did test OKW's PZ4 vs KV1 and I could not get a proper conclusion, its too much inconsistent, I did like 10 battles at the same time and kv1 won 5, with very low health, while pz4 won 5, with low health too. So I can say they are VERY close in combat, but IMO pz4 is a better AI while KV1 is tougher. Head to Head they are pretty much the same.
17 Apr 2019, 20:43 PM

Anyone here want it to have more than standard range? No? Then stop being ridiculous and try making a legit contribution to the discussion

Only sith and fools deal in absolutes.

Kv1 has more than enough armor to withstand any generalist medium. His gun is meant to deal with inf, garrisons and Lvs. Little you know the units you use so frequently. As it is now kv1 displaced all but other TDs, why would you want to buff them? Comparing kv1 to TD always will result in KV1 gun being weaker, congratulations, obvious logic there.

Adding AT to kv1 will put it on the tank killing department, NOT ALL OF THEM, that batshit op and only you get that picture, but will make KV1 a mediums killers and that's already TD role since it will counter them hard.

Simple facts are not the same as absolute fact.
17 Apr 2019, 23:02 PM

As it is now kv1 displaced all but other TDs, why would you want to buff them? Comparing kv1 to TD always will result in KV1 gun being weaker, congratulations, obvious logic there.

You are the only one talking about TDs. No one here is even specifically saying making it's AT better. Maybe make it better against infantry, heck the title of the thread is about giving it a command style ability. Main gun aoe could be buffed, or they could buff its mgs, there's a bunch of options.

It has 35 range. TDs have 60. Where do you see anyone suggesting a range increase? If you don't, then YOU are the only one talking about it becoming a TD. The rest of us are just talking about how to improve a unit that no one uses
18 Apr 2019, 02:56 AM

Only sith and fools deal in absolutes.

Kv1 has more than enough armor to withstand any generalist medium. His gun is meant to deal with inf, garrisons and Lvs. Little you know the units you use so frequently. As it is now kv1 displaced all but other TDs, why would you want to buff them? Comparing kv1 to TD always will result in KV1 gun being weaker, congratulations, obvious logic there.

Adding AT to kv1 will put it on the tank killing department, NOT ALL OF THEM, that batshit op and only you get that picture, but will make KV1 a mediums killers and that's already TD role since it will counter them hard.

Simple facts are not the same as absolute fact.

If it was an ambush bonus it wouldn't be a problem. They wouldn't replace TDs because TDs are reliable. They would replace t34s because they are cheaper and quicker. ALWAYS room for a t34 and they are always in demand. An ambush bonus (instead of hull down) would allow them to get 1 good hit in and then back down to an RNG cannon due to low pen.
It fits the counter attack theme, adds diversity AND is historically sound (not a factor, but neat none the less)

They are too durable and not punchy enough to slap MORE durability on imo.
A single buffed shot won't replace TDs.
18 Apr 2019, 06:43 AM

They are too durable and not punchy enough to slap MORE durability on imo.
A single buffed shot won't replace TDs.

Yeah thats true. KV1s are very durable but not because of that doesnt mean they have a clear utility. We agree on that and IMHO raising its firepower is not the best solution, but only because i dont like linear solutions, in other words mixing only values of generalist attack/defense stats.
Other RTS show that there are ways around this problem and also provide good solutions to the lack of useability.

If a single buffed shot means a single buff for its main gun i would disagree, but i could see its max range increased with a slight pen increase, KV1 guns were good back in ww2, not the best since it was a late ww1 heavy tank.

If a single shot buff ability is another way to give it some use, i would really like to see some clever ability like "precise fire" that allows KV1 to fire on the move with good acc but decreasing its moveseed a little, like 20-30%. Its a good breaktrhough ability if implemented well.

Another solution is to give an active defensive ability, like Pz4G from VCoH (Tank becomes stationary and it has increased reload speed) along with a AI buff for the gun and on top of that an aura for nearby infantry. Basically KV1 becomes some sort of "bridge" to force out infantry primarly and use its durability to delay as much as possible armor, i repeat, delay instead of destroy. Maybe adding another +15% damage reduction during this ability to make KV1 a real tough notch.
Meanwhile kv1 soaks up damage there should be either a backup retreat plan or a full offensive scale assault, because a breakthrough play is like starting a fight and only fools start fights they know cant win.

The last resort i can imagine is to increase some passive features that make KV1 unique and maybe add some new ones along changing its Vet1 ability. If you could increase its damage reduction to 50 whopping % (30% more), but also reduce its HP only 25% (From 800HP to 600HP /1200EHP), its EHP will increase, it will give away less XP and increase a lot its repair time, it will still be a useless brick but this time its worth the throw as long as you dont loose it. Increased vision and the aura are good aditions.

Finally i like the idea to improve KV1, but not the dumb "buff because its useless" argument fashion. SU has many doc heavy tanks and its hard to make each one special on its own but its not impossible. If KV1 are meant to be brawlers like churchills (durability is similar but also firepower) then it will be just that, a churchill clone. I dont like that idea at all.

BTW i never said that KV1 would replace TD, haha that should have been someone else.
18 Apr 2019, 13:24 PM

Permanently Banned
I dont know about inspire but something would be nice for the Kv-1 and even the IS-2 and few others. I still don't really get what the point of the vet 1 really is. It is hardly ever used (and no that one time you won because of ur is2 capping a VP doesnt count). Though i remember hearing that the vet 1 is balanced by soviet tanks vet 2/3 like in the t-34/85 with reload buffs? not sure.

If a single buffed shot means a single buff for its main gun i would disagree, but i could see its max range increased with a slight pen increase, KV1 guns were good back in ww2, not the best since it was a late ww1 heavy tank.

Kv-1 was an early WW 2 breakthrough tank put into the test against the Mannerheim line which led to Kv-2 and other variants just pointing that out.
18 Apr 2019, 15:05 PM

BTW i never said that KV1 would replace TD, haha that should have been someone else.

If that doesnt bring KV1 to TD tier i dont know what then, if 1v1 battles turn in favour for KV1, then congrats now KV1 is officialy a Heavy TD.

Nobody had even talked about increasing range or penetration, and yet somehow you were convinced we were turning it into a heavy TD...
18 Apr 2019, 15:41 PM

You are the only one talking about TDs. No one here is even specifically saying making it's AT better.

Nobody had even talked about increasing range or penetration, and yet somehow you were convinced we were turning it into a heavy TD...

"There's a lot of room between the main gun of a t34/76 and TD level power"

This is clearly about buffing its main gun at capabilities, and comes from you.

Not that i necessarily disagree on, but you are going full sneaky bs with that "specifically saying", like a lawyer playing with words. You were CLEARLY asking for at buff, so was probably @Katitof complaining about its gun being a "flanking gun". You are just not openly (or.."specifically") saying it anymore.
18 Apr 2019, 19:21 PM

Learning to read lesson nr2:
Replace- to take something and change it with other, maybe better or not necessarily.

If kv1 becomes a Td tier tank it means SU will have even Another option to cost efficiently and reliably destroy and/or displace enemy tanks.

Again
Only sith and fools deal with absolutes.

And please stop wasting my time with semantics
18 Apr 2019, 21:16 PM

Not that i necessarily disagree on, but you are going full sneaky bs with that "specifically saying", like a lawyer playing with words.

I am not being sneaky about anything, I want the KV buffed that is obvious. You can buff its main gun without directly changing it's AT power (aoe, scatter) and you can increase AT power without it becoming a fucking Tank destroyer. There's no sneakiness there, I don't know how much more clear I can be about it.

It has the gun of a t34/76. Like I said, that gun is SIGNIFICANTLY worse than a TD at killing tanks. That difference is not irrelevant, idk what you're trying to suggest.

And please stop wasting my time with semantics

You replied to me first, and you haven't had a point the entire time. You have no one to blame but yourself
18 Apr 2019, 22:08 PM

I am not being sneaky about anything, I want the KV buffed that is obvious. You can buff its main gun without directly changing it's AT power (aoe, scatter) and you can increase AT power without it becoming a fucking Tank destroyer.

It already is on par with okw Panzer 4, beyond that there's just Panther and Tiger.
18 Apr 2019, 22:44 PM

It already is on par with okw Panzer 4, beyond that there's just Panther and Tiger.

Is there a point here? Are you telling me that if we buff it slightly, it jumps from being on par with p4 to being on par with Panthers? Again, there's a massive amount of space between these units. I really don't understand what you're trying to say
18 Apr 2019, 22:48 PM

Is there a point here? Are you telling me that if we buff it slightly, it jumps from being on par with p4 to being on par with Panthers? Again, there's a massive amount of space between these units. I really don't understand what you're trying to say

What about you exaplin yourself to begin with ? What's your goal ? Is already on par with Panzer 4, should it reliably defeat Panzer 4 with a considerable advantage ? Should it be able to contest Panther ?
18 Apr 2019, 23:01 PM

What about you exaplin yourself to begin with ? What's your goal ? Is already on par with Panzer 4, should it reliably defeat Panzer 4 with a considerable advantage ? Should it be able to contest Panther ?

Yeah I think a heavy tank should reliably kill a medium. My entire point is that to do that you really don't have to make it that much better against ALL other tanks as this other asshole is suggesting. You can also increase the cost and performance at the same time.

If beating a p4 makes it a heavy TD, that's idiotic. If that's not what he meant than he shouldn't of said it. But he came in and said the entire conversation was madness, you're telling me I'm the one who needs to explain myself? The only thing I was trying to defend is that the KV needs SOME kind of change.

In my back and forth with him I wasn't defending a specific change. I was telling the guy to fuck off for calling our ideas crazy. Nobody uses the KV1. That's enough of a reason to change it, that doesn't mean I want it mindlessly buffed for christs sake
18 Apr 2019, 23:18 PM

Yeah I think a heavy tank should reliably kill a medium. My entire point is that to do that you really don't have to make it that much better against ALL other tanks as this other asshole is suggesting. You can also increase the cost and performance at the same time.

If beating a p4 makes it a heavy TD, that's idiotic. If that's not what he meant than he shouldn't of said it. But he came in and said the entire conversation was madness, you're telling me I'm the one who needs to explain myself? The only thing I was trying to defend is that the KV needs SOME kind of change.

In my back and forth with him I wasn't defending a specific change. I was telling the guy to fuck off for calling our ideas crazy. Nobody uses the KV1. That's enough of a reason to change it, that doesn't mean I want it mindlessly buffed for christs sake

It already realiably kill any medium, the lowest chances are with OKW Panzer 4 and has 50% chances to win the engagement. All it needs is a better ability.
18 Apr 2019, 23:49 PM

It already realiably kill any medium, the lowest chances are with OKW Panzer 4 and has 50% chances to win the engagement. All it needs is a better ability.

50% is not reliable, and the OKW p4 makes up literally half of the mediums it faces. I'm fine with it just getting an ability. Say that without accusing me of BS when I'm just trying to tell a guy to back off

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★