Login

russian armor

Did you notice this skill only top players have?

12 Apr 2019, 19:18 PM

I was thinking after rewatching a great 1vs1 game with Hans and Von recently, but if you watch Von or Luvnests streams they use the tactical map quite often to jump around the map.

But with other pro players like Hans he micros everything by hand with some token use of the mini map. This usually results in him playing some great grenade and team weapon play. But more crucially results in a much better streaming experience for viewers with the map not popping up constantly.

On the other hand Von etc and other top players might be a bit more vulnerable to grenade wipes. But they possibly shave a few seconds from using the tac map increasing multitasking...

Meanwhile a lot of 25 rank+ players like stuve seem to struggle at both approaches, and stick to basic strats like sim city to cover their weakpoints.

Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/2iBjx9fHnSA

12 Apr 2019, 19:42 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

But what's the actual skill you're referring to ("this skill"). My understanding is that you're referring to tac map usage and/or good micro. If so, I'm not sure what to say as the importance of those things is already common knowledge.
12 Apr 2019, 19:48 PM

Meanwhile a lot of 25 rank+ players like stuve seem to struggle at both approaches, and stick to basic strats like sim city to cover their weakpoints.

:sibDZ:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZUVD2RcRdE
15 Apr 2019, 19:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Apr 2019, 19:43 PMLago

It's a very intense game with a lot of highly frustrating mechanics. That's a recipe for eliciting strong negative emotional responses even before you throw the pressure of competitive stakes and a large audience on top of it.

Can you honestly say you've never got angry with CoH 2?

Sure, i don't blame him for anything, and this game can be intense, still, is very strange as reaction. Much more likely he had actually other matters and that contributed.

16 Apr 2019, 06:28 AM

I do defend Lago's point of view of not bottling up feelings and also that the game is intense sometimes, RNG can play you some good/bad moments. I remember great feelings when i could win a specially hard game but that reward sistems can backfire sometimes, pushing someone to the edge of braking up in tears.

I gotta admit tho i do not share SJW mindset.

But as he (HH) is a professional streamer and CoH2 player he couldnt manage his image in public and that could leave negative consequenses, maybe not, but in the end he wasnt choosing anymore. No offense to HH, i personally love his streams and his playstile, he was the first streamer of CoH2 I started to follow, because of his tutorials in YT.
A_E
24 Apr 2019, 19:55 PM
Lead Caster Badge
Donator 11

Valid points, and a common talking point tac mappers vs. nade viewers :D

On the whole it is completely unproven as to which style is superior. Luvnest and DevM are similarly successful and are of each style.

On the Stuve point I would argue that he is not so much as covering weak points as creating a sole strong point?
24 Apr 2019, 21:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I count this as a macro vs micro style.

Tact map has a better information layout but this removes you from the actual battlefield as you can only issue simple orders.

Managing everything from the default view lets you retain better control of the units at the expense of losing some contextual value (exactly where is everything) and some information (which exact unit you see on minimap).
24 Apr 2019, 21:34 PM

24 Apr 2019, 23:44 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Invised posts for being offtopic, offensive and corresponding replies.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS